Author Topic: Dave Matthews Band  (Read 12401 times)

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« on: April 09, 2003, 06:09:50 pm »
I can't believe no one has started a DMB thread yet!  The DMB has been a huge part of my life for about 3 years.  I think what draws me to them is Dave's writing.  his lyrics are so true and wise, I think everyone can relate to at least one Dave song if not more.  I have only been to one Dave show unfortunately, but in August i will be going twice so it's all good!  Am i the only Dave fan on the boards?  I sure hope not!
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 06:19:07 pm »
They are def a great band! I have seen them once live and it was cool.  My favorite DMB song is crush! They have an amazing fan base as well!

LostDwarf

• VCUBs
  • I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
  • Now Found!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bionicledwarf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 06:26:04 pm »
D'oh I knew i forgot to post something hehe
Dave rocks!

Mike
.........the one and only!

Gina

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2003, 08:52:56 am »
i agree.... i luv dmb :D
Gina
.She'd do anything to sparkle in his eye.

skyestar

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lintitinwe
    • View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2003, 12:50:32 pm »
they're cool. sometimes i get tired of 'em but they're cool. wait didn't i say that already? oh well. i love the guitar in Crash Into Me.

LostDwarf

• VCUBs
  • Now Found!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2003, 05:54:50 pm »
my fave song is "Two Step" but live, it's soooo good!

Mike

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
heheheh
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2003, 04:37:22 am »
heheheheh any other DMB fans? lol.  over 20 shows and counting ;)

Mike is right.... 2 Step is amazing live.  They did a 15 minute Jam on 2 Step in Indy 3 years ago.  Amazing.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2003, 06:18:42 am »
wow, i only discovered them about a year ago because no-one at all has heard of them here. So far i have Crash, Before These Crowded Streets and Everyday- i love them all so much! Lately i am loving Grey Street and all of the multiple version of it! I can't even express how much i completely adore their lyrics- some of the songs feel like they were written just for me!
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Dancernl

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - balletstar86
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/dancernl/Menu9.html
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2003, 02:31:09 pm »
Quote from: "rosieposy87"
I can't even express how much i completely adore their lyrics- some of the songs feel like they were written just for me!

EXACTLY!  That's why I love them!  GreyStreet is totally my song!  Two Step live rocks my socks, and so do Pig, everything off Busted Stuff and BTCS, plus the best DMB song of all time, #41.  

How about y'all's favorite DMB songs?
It is a crime to kill a neighbor, and an act of heroism to kill an enemy.  But who is an enemy and who is a neighbor is purely a matter of social definition.  - E.R. Leach

rosieposy87

• VCUBs
  • Prat Twin #2
    • MSN Messenger - rosie_posy87@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - rosieposy87
    • View Profile
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2003, 06:12:05 am »
Ooooh i love Pig too- one of my favourite ever songs!
"I'm all about the wordplay."

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Bizzare
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2003, 11:32:09 am »
im kinda proud of myself.  I've managed to restrict myself to seeing DMB only twice this summer.  Indy and cincy.  I have yet to hear So Right or I Did It Live.... those are the two im hoping for.  And, of course, my usual prayers for Haloween and Spoon.
---Andrew
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

LostDwarf

• VCUBs
  • Now Found!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2003, 02:05:43 pm »
I wanna see a show, probably will do the Giants Stadium thing like I do every year which rocks!!

Mike

LostDwarf

• VCUBs
  • Now Found!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2003, 02:08:01 pm »
I wanna see a show, probably will do the Giants Stadium thing like I do every year which rocks!!
Also the best concert EVER, better than any Bush or any Vanessa show was a Dave show where it started to rain and thunder during The space between us and then during "Two Step" all hell broke loose, the PA system went out, the stage sparked people were screaming and running fo rthe exits because of the lightening and there was this HUGE bang and then the power went out but Dave never stopped playing. I have the show on cd and everytime I listen to it I get the worst chills, it's juszt so hard to explain, but if anyone was there you know EXACTLY what i am talking about.

Mike

LostDwarf

• VCUBs
  • Now Found!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2003, 02:08:32 pm »
Also the best concert EVER, better than any Bush or any Vanessa show was a Dave show where it started to rain and thunder during The space between us and then during "Two Step" all hell broke loose, the PA system went out, the stage sparked people were screaming and running fo rthe exits because of the lightening and there was this HUGE bang and then the power went out but Dave never stopped playing. I have the show on cd and everytime I listen to it I get the worst chills, it's juszt so hard to explain, but if anyone was there you know EXACTLY what i am talking about.

Mike

LostDwarf

• VCUBs
  • Now Found!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dave Matthews Band
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2003, 02:08:42 pm »

Mike