Author Topic: Vote For Nolita Fairytale on VH1 Vspot top 20!  (Read 66449 times)

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Vote For Nolita Fairytale on VH1 Vspot top 20!
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2007, 08:23:05 pm »
I don't think we need to fill all the boxes, the submit button works after filling just one, so voting for just one video must be a valid vote.

hearingballads

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2007, 11:17:59 pm »
Guys this isn't about us not voting enough, I checked the list before the show aired. Vanessa was definitely top 15 (because only 15 people were flaming). The producers decided to delay for whatever reason. All we need to do is vote like last time and try for number 1!

ARGH! What's holding them back?

I was sooo pissed. I stayed up until 2 am to watch the freakin countdown and Vanessa didn't even make it. And the one dimensional Elliot Yamin song came on (sorry to elliot's fans), which I think is starting to get overplayed.

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2007, 02:55:07 am »
I think those icons change periodically based on who is getting a lot of activity AT THAT SPECIFIC TIME, as opposed to overall votes. I could be wrong. But I would stop thinking stupid conspiracy theories, it's a music video.
This was the first week it was even on rotation on vh1. Other people still need to see the video so they can vote. Sorry to say, but it's going to take a lot more than the Nessaholics to get V on the countdown. Our little fan army pales in comparison to Avril's, for example. She just has more fans. I personally don't have time to vote 500 times a day, I actually have a job. We're going to need new or more casual fans of Vanessa's to get active, too, which means they need to see the video in the morning or on the internet first.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

charmedguy18

« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2007, 06:58:34 am »
Quote from: "amberbeads"
. But I would stop thinking stupid conspiracy theories,

No one really was making any "theories" so I don't know what you're talking about.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2007, 07:35:33 am »
I wouldn't freak out, I'm sure Nolita Fairytale will have a snowball effect once it gains more exposure in the mainstream via outlets like TRL and such. It's still very early to worry about the video not making the VH1 coutdown this week.  :)
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

IcyStorm

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2007, 08:17:02 am »
Maybe at the end, they look at what IP addresses the votes are coming from? Maybe multiple votes from 1 IP address are discarded. Hence, us voting millions of times wouldn't help much. I dunno, just a thought.
- IcyStorm

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2007, 09:40:55 am »
Quote from: "charmedguy18"

No one really was making any "theories" so I don't know what you're talking about.

Quote from: "hearingballads"
I checked the list before the show aired. Vanessa was definitely top 15 (because only 15 people were flaming). The producers decided to delay for whatever reason.

*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2007, 09:50:33 am »
Pwned.

charmedguy18

« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2007, 11:44:40 am »

I checked the list before the show aired. Vanessa was definitely top 15 (because only 15 people were flaming). The producers decided to delay for whatever reason.

That's not a theory. It's an observation. She didn't say anything about why they delayed it. Hence, not a theory. Again: LITERACY. If you must contribute, at least contribute something intelligent and not something specifically to set people off or make people seem lower when they did nothing wrong.

Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
Pwned.

Really?

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2007, 11:54:36 am »

That's not a theory. It's an observation. She didn't say anything about why they delayed it. Hence, not a theory. Again: LITERACY. If you must contribute, at least contribute something intelligent and not something specifically to set people off or make people seem lower when they did nothing wrong.

Pwned.

Really?

It's implication. She didn't say anything as to exactly why they delayed it, correct, but she implied there was an underlying reason as to why - "The producers decided to - delay for whatever reason - ." Again: Literacy. lol

It's really all just a misunderstanding on both parties. Not a big deal.

charmedguy18

« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2007, 11:58:02 am »

Pwned.

Really?

It's implication. She didn't say anything as to exactly why they delayed it, correct, but she implied there was an underlying reason as to why - "The producers decided to - delay for whatever reason - ." Again: Literacy. lol

Yeah, she left the answer open, obviously to possibly find out why later. No one ever said anyone was trying to sabotage Vanessa. If they had, that would be another thing entirely.

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2007, 11:59:55 am »
I wasn't trying to make anyone feel stupid. Maybe I did but it wasn't my intention. I wasn't attacking her personally in any way when I wrote that. To hearingballads, if I made you feel bad, that was not my intent. I wasn't directing my post at anyone in particular.
Where do you get off deciding what is considered an "intelligent" post? Don't lecture me on forum etiquette; I know how to post and how to contribute something worthwhile. I don't run around making inane posts all time. I keep my mouth shut until I feel I have something to say that matters.
I made a realistic point about NF making the countdown in its first week and why making assumptions about vh1's producers and whether or not they purposefully left it off the countdown could be considered jumping to silly conclusions.
Quite frankly, I did nothing wrong, and you are trying to make me seem lower. So I would take your own advice and get off my case.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way

soupdujour

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2007, 12:02:43 pm »
Somethin' kinda ooh, jumpin on mah too-too!

charmedguy18

« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2007, 12:07:51 pm »
I wasn't trying to make anyone feel stupid. Maybe I did but it wasn't my intention. I wasn't attacking her personally in any way when I wrote that. To hearingballads, if I made you feel bad, that was not my intent. I wasn't directing my post at anyone in particular.
Where do you get off deciding what is considered an "intelligent" post? Don't lecture me on forum etiquette; I know how to post and how to contribute something worthwhile. I don't run around making inane posts all time. I keep my mouth shut until I feel I have something to say that matters.
I made a realistic point about NF making the countdown in its first week and why making assumptions about vh1's producers and whether or not they purposefully left it off the countdown could be considered jumping to silly conclusions.
Quite frankly, I did nothing wrong, and you are trying to make me seem lower. So I would take your own advice and get off my case.

:roll:

amberbeads

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2007, 12:11:46 pm »
ouch.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way