Author Topic: Re-release of ATM  (Read 17485 times)

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
Re-release of ATM
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2007, 12:24:19 pm »
Quote from: "soupdujour"
Quote from: "Hazy Eyes"
Vanessa is a multi-platinum selling, three time grammy nominated musician who's been in the industry for five years now & is about to release her third studio album.

I guess being a "one hit wonder" can't be all that bad, can it? ;)

It's pretty bad considering her last album completely flopped and her next album is on the same route.

You can have whatever opinion you want, but do you really have to voice it so negatively?  The last thing we need to do as Nessaholics is expect the least for her career; we're here to support her.

Okay, you started this topic to talk about her re-releasing ATM.  Then you called her a one-hit wonder.  So you want her to re-release the track that made her a one-hit wonder?  How does that make any sense?
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

soupdujour

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Re-release of ATM
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2007, 12:26:40 pm »
Quote from: "All I Ask2003"
Vanessa is a multi-platinum selling, three time grammy nominated musician who's been in the industry for five years now & is about to release her third studio album.

It's pretty bad considering her last album completely flopped and her next album is on the same route.

You can have whatever opinion you want, but do you really have to voice it so negatively?  The last thing we need to do as Nessaholics is expect the least for her career; we're here to support her.

Okay, you started this topic to talk about her re-releasing ATM.  Then you called her a one-hit wonder.  So you want her to re-release the track that made her a one-hit wonder?  How does that make any sense?

Being supportive and being realistic are completely different things. Of course I HOPE this album is a hit for Vanessa. But after her last album flopping and her being out of the spotlight for the past two years I honestly don't see that happening.

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
Re-release of ATM
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2007, 12:31:06 pm »

Being supportive and being realistic are completely different things. Of course I HOPE this album is a hit for Vanessa. But after her last album flopping and her being out of the spotlight for the past two years I honestly don't see that happening.

Being supportive ISN'T saying on a fan message board "H&T is gonna flop."  Please keep stuff like that to yourself, unless you can really back it up with something other than "Harmonium flopped". Negativity really is NOT necessary, or helpful.  Instead of talking about how it's going to flop, go out and try to help promote it however you can as a fan.

You didn't answer the one-hit wonder question, btw.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

soupdujour

• View Profile
Re-release of ATM
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2007, 12:43:18 pm »

Being supportive ISN'T saying on a fan message board "H&T is gonna flop."  Please keep stuff like that to yourself, unless you can really back it up with something other than "Harmonium flopped". Negativity really is NOT necessary, or helpful.  Instead of talking about how it's going to flop, go out and try to help promote it however you can as a fan.

Quite frankly I don't have time to go out and "promote" a record. If people like it, they'll buy it. Me or 200 or 1,000 people aren't gonna make a difference.

IcyStorm

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
Re-release of ATM
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2007, 01:06:26 pm »

Quite frankly I don't have time to go out and "promote" a record. If people like it, they'll buy it. Me or 200 or 1,000 people aren't gonna make a difference.

Or they'll download it; records just aren't selling like they used to.

In any case, Harmonium flopped sales-wise because of poor marketing and weak promotion by her label. Is it really her fault? I thought "Private Radio" was a much better choice for a first single.

You can't exactly say Heroes & Thieves is on its way to flopping yet... Gotti won't simply give up on V so easily. He's put too much time and effort into her for her to fail.
- IcyStorm

soupdujour

• View Profile
Re-release of ATM
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2007, 01:25:06 pm »
Well I sure hope it's successful. It was a shame that Harmonium didn't get the attention or sales it deserved because it was an amazing record.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
Re-release of ATM
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2007, 02:49:42 pm »
it was an amazing record.

It still is  8)

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re-release of ATM
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2007, 04:25:54 pm »
Quote from: "Twilight_Angel"

ok, im gonna take a wild stab in the dark here and guess that this guy is deliberatly trying to wind us up?  

everyone, direct your attention to the shining 'ignore' button on your right  :wink:

Haha, I already did.

soupdujour

• View Profile
Re-release of ATM
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2007, 04:31:25 pm »
Quote from: "ManuelD"
Quote from: "Twilight_Angel"

ok, im gonna take a wild stab in the dark here and guess that this guy is deliberatly trying to wind us up?  

everyone, direct your attention to the shining 'ignore' button on your right  :wink:

Haha, I already did.

Oh please.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Re-release of ATM
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2007, 08:42:47 pm »

ok she could not help Harmonium's sales it was her records label fault hence her leaving A&M and how do you know that Heroes and Thieves is going to way too? Perosnally I don't care how many CD's she sells just as long as they are great songs I would prefer a well made cd with every track being unique and great instead of just some random album just made for the sales and the money....your really bugging the living crap out of me and this is the final time I reply to one of your posts ***can't wait to hit the ignore button***

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

xxlovelyxx

• AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
Re-release of ATM
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2007, 08:59:34 pm »
she will always be known for atm   :lol:

soupdujour

• View Profile
Re-release of ATM
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2007, 09:02:10 pm »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"

ok she could not help Harmonium's sales it was her records label fault hence her leaving A&M and how do you know that Heroes and Thieves is going to way too? Perosnally I don't care how many CD's she sells just as long as they are great songs I would prefer a well made cd with every track being unique and great instead of just some random album just made for the sales and the money....your really bugging the living crap out of me and this is the final time I reply to one of your posts ***can't wait to hit the ignore button***

How do I know it'll end up the same way? Because there's even less promotion for H&T than there was for Harmonium.

she will always be known for atm :lol:

True that, but that's not a bad thing considering it was such an amazing song.  :wink:

xxlovelyxx

• AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
Re-release of ATM
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2007, 09:10:41 pm »
i know..lol oh well

Journey_to

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Re-release of ATM
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2007, 03:30:42 am »
i dont think Harmonium not selling well should allow it to be called flopping...I mean, if memory serves, it was critically acclaimed ,wasn't it???
On another note,I'm really sick of the notion that when an album doesn't sell well, it's unsuccessful...look at some of today's contemporary artists: some of the stuff i see out there is ridiculously bad and untalented... yet alot of these sell well...I consider harmonium as much more of a success than some those people's work, as their work might nto even have the talent (or acclaim) to even be worthy of that word....

davidjp

• MSN Messenger - hon8888@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Re-release of ATM
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2007, 03:50:26 am »
There's no point in releasing ATM since it was so successful, however re-releasing White Houses might not be a bad idea. It's an amazing song but wasn't promoted very much.
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.