Author Topic: Samantha Mumba  (Read 5596 times)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Samantha Mumba
« on: April 10, 2003, 09:41:15 am »
ok... i'm bored and decided to be random, lol
i wanna talk about my other favorite female artist (actually she's first cause i met her a few times and she is the sweetest girl!! i love her) but when i meet vanessa i dont know how it'll change...

any other fans here? i kno theres got to be someone else! Lani!! :)

what's been up with her? wasnt she sposed to have a new album in the US? i havent seen it yet.. maybe the people in the UK would know more about her! cause she's bigger their!

and i think she was good in Time Machine, i went to the premeire of it and saw it twice over spring break! i think she's a pretty good actress!  :)

Moved to other artists section - Tricia
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

divasteph

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Martha Stewart!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - stephlava2
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/stephaniepressman
Samantha Mumba
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2003, 09:42:52 am »
this will be moved asap to the musicians section of the board but i love ya holly - xoxoxoxoxoxxo

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
Samantha Mumba
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2003, 10:18:25 am »
I havnt heard much of her music, and wasnt too impressed with what I did hear...

But I loved her in Time Machine. She's a cutie, and a good actress too! I hope she does more acting gigs.

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
Samantha Mumba
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2003, 11:07:15 am »
I just know that one single.  I do like it.  They should play more of her stuff on the radio.  And did/does she really go out with Joey from *NSYNC?

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Samantha Mumba
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2003, 03:09:52 pm »
o, thanx Steph! and sorry, i'm still getting used to the board, lol. love ya too! :)

yeah Kev, time machine was good! i hope she does other movies! she's a sweet girl and every time ive met her has been awesome! and the 2nd time i met her at the premeir she kinda remembered me. i was like "do you remember the jojo instudio last June?" and she was like "OMG!! yeah! you were the girl who brought the flowers!" and the 3rd time i didnt even have to tell her anything, she remembered me (and even more Lani! lol, they talk like theyre best friends). she really cares about her fans, she's amazing, i think i like her more for that than her music, even tho i love her music too! dont need you to tell me i'm pretty is my fave song... but it flopped as a single in the US! :(
then she came back with "i'm right here" which i loved! and it did a bit better, but not great. it made it on TRL a few times... such a cute video! and Foxy (her dog) is in it! i love that dog... she's so funny and cute. very protective tho.. watch out for her! but as long as your not touching Sam she'll come and kiss your hands and play...

she's actually had 2 big singles in the US... "Gotta Tell You" and "Baby Come On Over" but sometimes they get confused as one cause they sound kinda alike... Theyre still played on the radio alot, which is cool! right now those songs are the only way she's surviving in the US, but i know she'll come back with a new song! :D

Daniel

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.spam.com
    • Email
Holly!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2003, 08:50:15 pm »
Look what I have!  KIIS-Cam pictures I took from the in-studio from last August!!

Daniel

EvergreenDanish

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Samantha Mumba
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2003, 02:21:16 am »
Quote from: "kiisnsync"

any other fans here? i kno theres got to be someone else! Lani!! :)
Moved to other artists section - Tricia

SAMANTHA'S MAH GURL!  :D  Of course you know that, Holz. We MET cuz of her! Yay Samantha. Anyway, on to business. Yes, she was supposed to release a new album, not just here, but overseas too. It was put on hold cuz it isn't completed to satisfaction yet. No official word as to when it will be definitely released though. What she HAS been doing are a lot of appearances in the UK and Ireland. She's done several charity concerts and TV specials, and was most recently in Ireland's St. Patrick's Day parade as the grand marshall. She's reviewing a couple of movie scripts as well, and clarified that she's most likely going to go through with one of them. Other than that, she's just been spending a lot of quality time w/ her boyfriend with whom she is gradually making public appearances with.

So that's the news on our girl, Holly!

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Samantha Mumba
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2003, 08:55:09 am »
thanx Daniel!! i miss that night! ::sniff::
that was like 8 months ago... i think it's time jojo get's her in the studio again! :)
but he needs to work on vanessa first... that's been 13 months!

yay Lani! your here!! yep... we met that night... can you believe that was almost 2 years ago?! it'll be 2 years sometime in June.... like June 27th? i think that's the date.... that was an awesome night!! i wasnt a huge fan before i met her, but after i did she became my favorite!! (see, thats how nice she is) :)

Daniel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2003, 10:46:05 am »
You're welcome Holly!!  <3

I'm glad you had fun that night, and it's so cool that you and Lani met through Samantha  :)  Hopefully she'll be back in the studio and you and Lani can hang out together again!!

Daniel

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Samantha Mumba
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2003, 11:54:14 am »
thanx Daniel!!
Lani and I are probably 2 of the only people here who didnt meet through Vanessa (although i know there are a couple more). Vanessa wasnt even famous yet.
lol, we share a love of Samantha, Vanessa, Craig David, and i'm kinda a Westlife fan! i got their cd for $2 in Beijing! lol, i also found the only nsync album i didnt have that i have been looking for for about 5 years for $2. :)

Daniel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2003, 12:28:12 pm »
That's cool, Holly!!  

Yeah, I met you and Lani through Vanessa Carlton, but everyone else I'm seeing at the breakfast meetup and WT were not through Vanessa, lol!!  It all started with you introducing me to Yara, and then people I met at Lani's birthday party  :)

Daniel

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Samantha Mumba
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2003, 07:19:54 pm »
yeah... i have other friends who i have met in other ways too!! lol, most of them ive met at school and stuff... and kiis... etc...
but i just mean out of the people here, Lani is the only one i didnt meet thru Vanessa

EvergreenDanish

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Samantha Mumba
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2003, 06:35:09 am »
Damn straight! We're speshul, Holly! lol. And we actually TOLD Samantha that we met cuz of her, too!

Daniel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2003, 10:21:56 am »
Quote from: "EvergreenDanish"
Damn straight! We're speshul, Holly! lol. And we actually TOLD Samantha that we met cuz of her, too!

Yeah, you and Holly rock :)

Daniel

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Samantha Mumba
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2003, 02:49:20 pm »
yep! and that was cool when we told her!! she seemed so happy that she was able to get friends together. i hope we get to go meet her again together soon!