Author Topic: vanessa makes nasty comments through mariah's speech?  (Read 16146 times)

Nanc77

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lopez1377
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lopez1377
    • Email
DUDE
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 11:03:34 am »
its on the front page of MSN right now check this out:

In this topsy-turvy world, it's nice to know some things never change, like the amount of upkeep Mariah Carey requires for a night out. The New York Daily News reports the diva-licious chanteuse needed nine -- yes, nine -- assistants tending to her beauty needs at VH1's Save the Music Foundation fete Thursday night in New York.

Their duties were clearly delineated, with one minion in charge of doling out the double-sided sticky tape (necessary to keep mammose Mariah's perilously plunging purple gown in place), while another sported a Batman-style utility belt filled with brushes and hair spray, and a third carried the all-important hot rollers.

Meanwhile, the New York Post says eight -- yes, eight -- "massive bodyguards" surrounded her at the event, cutting a swath through the little people by announcing, "Get out of the way! Mariah's coming!"

They also made sure her retinue was able to gussy her up in private by closing down the ladies' room for 10 minutes.

Not everyone was impressed by the sublimely over-the-top spectacle that is the big-lunged belter, who was an honoree at the event.

According to the Post, singer-songwriter Vanessa Carlton was "overheard cackling, rolling her eyes and making nasty comments throughout Carey's acceptance speech."

That wasn't the only time Mariah was met with mocking that night. A Gawker.com operative says she also faced a tough crowd at the Waverly Inn, where she struck a pose for conveniently stationed paparazzi before entering.

Seems her composure "faltered" at one point when a fellow diner yelled out, "We love and support you Britney," sending the hot spot's patrons into twitters.

When someone pointed out the diva in question wasn't Spears, the yukster shot back, "Oh, sorry Lindsay, good luck with your demons."

http://entertainment.msn.com/music/hotgossip/9-24-07_4?GT1=7702
"omg! someone ate my entire pie!"

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
vanessa makes nasty comments through mariah's speech?
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 11:48:06 am »
cackling? lol

William Glast

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mariah Carey
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2007, 12:17:27 pm »
Mariah Carey is like 50cent. They should make babies. Then just eat eachother.

Even if MC was any good, Vanessa could still say anything she likes about anyone at any time. That's what I belive. It's called freedom.

One of the reasons why I respect Vanessa is because she's got GUTS!
Bitches
lol
"Life is just a ride" --- Bill Hicks

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
Re: V Mean
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2007, 01:08:18 pm »
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
Quote from: "Boy of Summer"
Quote from: "nosticker"
If it is true, it seems to be very out of character for V.

you kiddin me?

in the right mood, nessa can be one helluva spit-fire

Tru dat. Anyone who thinks that Vanessa is a total sweet heart should re-think that. I'm not saying she's mean...but I'm sure she has her moments.

I didn't say she was a total sweetheart; I called her PR-savvy.  She can be mischievous; I'm sure she was goofing.

If she meant it---and believe me, Mariah fans would flatten her---it just seems stupid to do.  I would think she's trying to reestablish herself in the public eye, not start some tabloid fight BS.  Is that the ONLY way to get press?  Start some crap with someone?  

Maybe she's changing her outlook on things....geez, I hope not.

Not always a sweetie, but no dummy either.

Dan/NS

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2007, 01:10:39 pm »
I'm not a Mariah fan... but that was definitely a bad idea for VC... no one wants to be seen as that critical or direspectful in the public eye. It'll only make others want to be more critical of you in return. :-/
I also hope she's not getting cocky. Her music is amazing and all... but I've always respected her SO much for being down to earth.
All I'm saying is that I hope what they're saying is not true.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2007, 04:46:15 pm »
The new york post also said Jennifer Lopez & her mom aren't speaking, but Jennifer was on Extra today saying her mom called her & told her about that. she's like "so obviously we're speaking if she called me" lol. the NY post tends to not always tell the truth.

Although they were right about the audio of Paula Abdul breaking down cuz it leaked on PerezHilton soon after they wrote about it, so sometimes they do tell the truth. Who knows with this though.

It's kinda weird how almost all of her fans believe it.. if the NY post said something like this about Paula her fans would be defending her like mad lol. We know she's not perfect (FAR from perfect) but we'd still be defending her. For some reason I believe this about V though.

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2007, 04:59:36 pm »
this is what happens when massive egos clash.

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2007, 06:39:23 pm »
Quote from: "whitehouses81680"

This is what happens when you're DRUNK.
V likes to talk about how much she drinks, does anyone else think she was completely hammered during this awards show?
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2007, 06:46:26 pm »
Quote from: "All I Ask2003"

V likes to talk about how much she drinks, does anyone else think she was completely hammered during this awards show?

i've only heard her say she does drugs. i mean i know a lot of celebs drink, but i'm just saying i've only heard the drug thing.

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2007, 07:20:05 pm »

i'm going to say that it was a mix of 50% drunkenness and 50% ego. that's a safe assumption

garry_coombs

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2007, 10:22:40 pm »
Well she has sort of denied being arse~y to Mariah, her myspace post says she loves her and gossip sucks.

Someone will have seen VC having fun and just laughing about, whilst Mariah was doing stuff and put  and 1 together and got gossip.
Best VC songs

1. Who's to say
2. More Than This
3. Superhero
4. Wanted
5. Paradise

I gotta wear shades

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2007, 11:07:57 pm »
this is really rude on Vanessa's part.

It's rude to asume that this story is true or not greatly exaggerated considering the source.

Besides, Vanessa DID say she wanted beef :lol:

Is somebody's sarcasm meter broken?

I gotta wear shades

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2007, 11:12:38 pm »
Quote from: "soupdujour"
Quote from: "remixx"

I mean, in no way do I support Mariah Carey.  I realize that she's a complete and utter joke

in what parallel universe is MARIAH CAREY a "complete and utter joke"?

she's a LIVING LEGEND and one of the most talented singers and composers of all time.

Exactly. Anyone who dare say that this is "funny" or "yay for Vanessa" is absolutely pathetic.

And btw, the part about the dinner table and having more than one song is really sad & unclassy. She's a celebrity (or was one back in the day) and she needs to have at least some dignity for herself. All I can say is:  :roll:

You want to talk about dignity?  :roll:

I gotta wear shades

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2007, 11:22:21 pm »
Quote from: "wickednig18384"
wait a minute...
in her MTV Cribs episode, she's quoted as saying "i think the mariah carey moment in Cribs when she got into her bathtub was one of my favorite tv moments of all time" and then she went and changed into mariah carey's outfit. my point being that she obviously in some way looks up to and sorta likes her!
i dont understand why she'd make those remarks, kinda contradicting dont ya think??  :roll:

That's right, so what are you going to believe, a video where you actually see what V is saying, or a publication who's sole purpose is to generate gossip with little regard towards the truth?

BTW, that Cribs episode also shows that V has a reproduction of Mariah's outfit from one of her videos from her last album.  Doesn't sound like someone that hates Mariah by any means.

I gotta wear shades

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2007, 11:26:05 pm »
Quote from: "ManuelD"
Mariah is the kind of person to make fun of. I'm not saying that what Vanessa did was nice, but I bet it was funny.

Do you know what she did for sure?