Author Topic: It's leaked  (Read 83775 times)

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2007, 09:03:13 am »
I don't understand why almost everyone thinks More Than This is THE SONG of her career, or at least the best song on the album.

I'm literally wondering why. I find it almost boring until near the end. I will have to listen more times. The music in the beginning bores me. The lyrics are pretty, but that's about all I think atm.

therealchriss

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #256 on: September 28, 2007, 09:11:43 am »
More Than This sounds too disney... granted, most of the choral arrangements on this album give it a far too cheesy feel.

Home is my favorite song just because it's one of the few that isn't extremely overproduced.

Vultch

• Moderators
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Trading Yesterday
    • AOL Instant Messenger - BVulture
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theageof.info
    • Email
It's leaked
« Reply #257 on: September 28, 2007, 09:46:57 am »
Vanessa was made for More Than This. She will be a revolution.
 :lol:

jim841

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #258 on: September 28, 2007, 10:26:46 am »
After a day I have to say that this album didn't blow me away the way Harmonium did, but it's a solid album nonetheless.

I think it was a little overproduced, but maybe that will help V achieve more "mainstream" popularity.  I really wish she didn't change the entire feel of (PY)HOM for the album -- that song worked so well exactly as she sang it at the US Open.  The song as recorded on the album is still very good, just not as good as it could have been, in my opinion, had they simplified it.

Home and Heroes & Thieves on the album are superior to the live versions I have heard.  I also like The One and don't mind Stevie Nicks's harmonies.

Fools Like Me is also very good and I actually like the arrangement.

As for More Than This, it just sounds too much like a Broadway musical number for me -- feels like I am listening to the soundtrack of Rent.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #259 on: September 28, 2007, 12:43:26 pm »
Quote from: "therealchriss"
More Than This sounds too disney... granted, most of the choral arrangements on this album give it a far too cheesy feel.

Home is my favorite song just because it's one of the few that isn't extremely overproduced.

Have you even heard harmonium?

marxu

It's leaked
« Reply #260 on: September 28, 2007, 01:34:58 pm »
Downloaded the album today, I just couldn't resist...Brilliant. Love it so far, though I really wanted to hear the studio version of All Is Well..

therealchriss

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #261 on: September 28, 2007, 01:57:29 pm »
Quote from: "TRINIST"
Quote from: "therealchriss"

Have you even heard harmonium?

What makes you think I haven't?

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #262 on: September 28, 2007, 04:09:50 pm »
Quote from: "SyaNessa"
0h i really want t0 listen t0 the album s0 bad!!!!

when y0u type like this it gets ann0ying

Quote from: "NoelleNC"
I don't understand why almost everyone thinks More Than This is THE SONG of her career, or at least the best song on the album.

I'm literally wondering why. I find it almost boring until near the end. I will have to listen more times. The music in the beginning bores me. The lyrics are pretty, but that's about all I think atm.

I completely agree..I was hoping the end song would be something like twilight or the wreckage, but I don't get what the big deal about that song is. It bores me too. I'm trying to get into it I just can't. I really wish that song would have been replaced with All Is Well, thats more twilight/the wreckage-ish if that makes sense.

And does anyone else think My Best sounds too little kidish?

I'm just not feeling the new cd like her other two. Spring Street & the One are the only ones that stick out to me so far. Come Undone is growing on me & becoming one of my favorites, love the part where it's just piano.

Manda

• View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #263 on: September 28, 2007, 04:19:13 pm »
I think I'm the only who has the tracks/album and hasn't listened to it. I just can't...when I actually bought harmonium it wasn't as special like when I had be not nobody and listened to everything for the first time because I waited it out. I'm just going to wait until October and just look at the tracks on windows media player.

I'm glad there are great reviews though.  :D

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

HeroesAndThieves

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • love plastic love
    • MSN Messenger - heroesandthieves@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
It's leaked
« Reply #264 on: September 28, 2007, 04:22:38 pm »
hehe, good girl Manda  :D
Don't resist temptation like I did  :oops:

And the wait is surely worth it!

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #265 on: September 28, 2007, 04:23:26 pm »
What I'm kind of bugged about it is, there's no real dark songs in the album at all. The past two albums, the second half of the album are all Vanessa-dark, but this album is just all a little too happy for me. I need the balance with the "happy" songs with "dark" songs.

It's a great album nonetheless, but I want more of V's dark songs! *fingers crossed for All Is Well as a bonus track or something*

Manda

• View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #266 on: September 28, 2007, 04:26:57 pm »
Quote from: "HeroesAndThieves"
hehe, good girl Manda  :D
Don't resist temptation like I did  :oops:

And the wait is surely worth it!

haha thanks. :) The donnas are keeping me quite entertained! the new album  Bitchin' is amazing.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #267 on: September 28, 2007, 04:29:25 pm »
Quote from: "IfICouldFall"
What I'm kind of bugged about it is, there's no real dark songs in the album at all. The past two albums, the second half of the album are all Vanessa-dark, but this album is just all a little too happy for me. I need the balance with the "happy" songs with "dark" songs.

It's a great album nonetheless, but I want more of V's dark songs! *fingers crossed for All Is Well as a bonus track or something*

yeah i like her dark songs too, and this cd is way too happy for me as well lol

ste_uel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #268 on: September 28, 2007, 04:52:44 pm »
My husband made me not to listen to the tracks, because it wouldn't be "special" when he got the album for me  :D  so I gotta wait 11 days, I think I can make it!

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
It's leaked
« Reply #269 on: September 28, 2007, 04:58:29 pm »
Quote from: "ste_uel"
My husband made me not to listen to the tracks, because it wouldn't be "special" when he got the album for me  :D  so I gotta wait 11 days, I think I can make it!

It will be worth the wait for you :D

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<