Author Topic: It's leaked  (Read 79095 times)

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2007, 01:20:17 pm »
Are you guys ready to rock her first single into number one now?

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #121 on: September 26, 2007, 01:21:11 pm »
Another thing I'm noticing, is that the pacing on the album is really steady. Like, the album goes from begining to end in one straight line, it doesn't dip or move in and when it has the potential to finally breathe under all the heavy production, it doesn't.

Like, with BNN and Harmonium, we had lighter songs contrasted with darker and heavier songs, and it felt like those albums had direction. This album has direction, but in a very different sense. Like, there are stand out tracks, but they all have an extremely similar feel and style to them, and there aren't any darker tracks to change the tone of the album at all.

I guess that's how I'd describe it, the album doesn't really change in tone or intensity or feel at all. It all feels really constricted and produced the hell out of. I like the production, but I just wish there was more of a balance with the tracks, because there really isn't any.

That's how I feel at least.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #122 on: September 26, 2007, 01:21:12 pm »
Quote from: "kaysha"
Quote from: "Jophess"
Ahh, finally!

I'm really impressed that it's only leaked two weeks before the release. Very impressive. We all knew it would happen, it was only a matter of when. Can't wait to listen to it... it sucks, cause I'm at work.
that is what i was thinking :)

I was at work when I found out about this thread. But luckily for me, I was almost done!
The bus ride home killed me though! haha
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

Zloska_of_yy

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - ernstkuiper@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - yesteryearzloska
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #123 on: September 26, 2007, 01:21:21 pm »
Okay this may sound weird, but More Than This sounds to me a like an anthem for making the most out of your life.
What do you think?

BTW, absolutely without a doubt most amazing track on the album.
"If it all went away, nothing left to say, oh would you fight it or would you lay down."

MikeSter4

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #124 on: September 26, 2007, 01:25:05 pm »
Love the new songs.

And BTW, to all you people complaining about it being leaked....

Do you really think it was leaked on accident?  Haha, no way there is a reason why her and everyother atrtists albums have been leaking.  Its the record companies doing it to create buzz = more spins on the radio/more talk about the album to push its sales when it is finally released to the public.

Do I agree with it? not really, but there is no getting away from it.

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
It's leaked
« Reply #125 on: September 26, 2007, 01:31:31 pm »
Quote from: "Zloska_of_yy"
Okay this may sound weird, but More Than This sounds to me a like an anthem for making the most out of your life.
What do you think?

BTW, absolutely without a doubt most amazing track on the album.

I agree. It can be about anything you want it to be, which is really nice. The choir really adds to it too.

I can't get over how brilliant it is.

"Spring Street", "My Best", "Home" and "Hands On Me" are also my favourites. <3

MikeSter4

• View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #126 on: September 26, 2007, 01:34:02 pm »
^^   Are you talking to me???

I already have it, have had it for a few days now.  It leaked on a different site from the one you are getting it from.

Anyway, it's a great album.  And will def. support Vanessa when it comes out.  I heard a rumor that Best Buy is going to release a special edition with one or two more tracks.

Oh and about the new name -  I forgot my password to my old account MikeSter24, lol...   I can't even remember what e-mail address I used.

NolitaFairytale

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #127 on: September 26, 2007, 01:35:12 pm »
I love all of the songs on it! I really do. I do like This Time and all, but I wouldn't of minded (well I would of preferred) if All is well had taken its place. Does that make me a bad person?  :razz:

migmitch

• MSN Messenger - mr_chicken_man@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - mitchmig01
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #128 on: September 26, 2007, 01:37:36 pm »
'Hands on Me' reminds me of 'Chicago' by Sufjan Stevens-- actually the album reminds me of him-- and I LOVE IT

seriously

best shit ever.

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
love
« Reply #129 on: September 26, 2007, 01:38:06 pm »
The album sounds bright. I think the piano is a brighter piano than the one she generally uses.
I can definitely hear the influence of Stevie Nicks.....if you have heard Stevie's latest album, there are similarities......

I like it.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
Re: love
« Reply #130 on: September 26, 2007, 01:40:01 pm »
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
The album sounds bright. I think the piano is a brighter piano than the one she generally uses.
I can definitely hear the influence of Stevie Nicks.....if you have heard Stevie's latest album, there are similarities......

I like it.

Yeah, I wrote a long post about the feel of this album, but it got shafted and ended up being the last post on page 9. I hate it when that happens.

This album's very light hearted in tone, very bright and poppy.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

MikeSter4

• View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #131 on: September 26, 2007, 01:41:23 pm »
Cool, cool.  Yeah I wouldn't give it to them either.  It's one thing that it is leaked, but another when you help spread it around.

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #132 on: September 26, 2007, 01:41:46 pm »
I keep listening to these songs. "Home" is amazing. I love it.

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
It's leaked
« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2007, 01:42:02 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
Another thing I'm noticing, is that the pacing on the album is really steady. Like, the album goes from begining to end in one straight line, it doesn't dip or move in and when it has the potential to finally breathe under all the heavy production, it doesn't.

Like, with BNN and Harmonium, we had lighter songs contrasted with darker and heavier songs, and it felt like those albums had direction. This album has direction, but in a very different sense. Like, there are stand out tracks, but they all have an extremely similar feel and style to them, and there aren't any darker tracks to change the tone of the album at all.

I guess that's how I'd describe it, the album doesn't really change in tone or intensity or feel at all. It all feels really constricted and produced the hell out of. I like the production, but I just wish there was more of a balance with the tracks, because there really isn't any.

That's how I feel at least.

I think repeated listens will mollify this feeling.
Joe

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Re: love
« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2007, 01:43:21 pm »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
Quote from: "liquidblue244"

I like it.

Yeah, I wrote a long post about the feel of this album, but it got shafted and ended up being the last post on page 9. I hate it when that happens.

This album's very light hearted in tone, very bright and poppy.

Totally! I feel like going to the park and just dancing around.....I feel so peppy right now....haha.
I almost feel a country vibe on it too....especially come undone.....I feel so happy right now.  :D

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...