Author Topic: It's leaked  (Read 83357 times)

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2007, 01:45:21 pm »
Quote from: "Jophess"
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"
Another thing I'm noticing, is that the pacing on the album is really steady. Like, the album goes from begining to end in one straight line, it doesn't dip or move in and when it has the potential to finally breathe under all the heavy production, it doesn't.

Like, with BNN and Harmonium, we had lighter songs contrasted with darker and heavier songs, and it felt like those albums had direction. This album has direction, but in a very different sense. Like, there are stand out tracks, but they all have an extremely similar feel and style to them, and there aren't any darker tracks to change the tone of the album at all.

I guess that's how I'd describe it, the album doesn't really change in tone or intensity or feel at all. It all feels really constricted and produced the hell out of. I like the production, but I just wish there was more of a balance with the tracks, because there really isn't any.

That's how I feel at least.

I think repeated listens will mollify this feeling.

Yeah, I hope so. It's still a very bright album though.

SO, people, BNN, Harmonium, or H&T?

I still think Harmonium is her crowning achievement as an artist, H&T is very good and is much better than BNN in my opinion, but Harmonium just holds a very special place in my heart.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

HarmySandwhich

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2007, 01:47:42 pm »
Another thing I'm noticing, is that the pacing on the album is really steady. Like, the album goes from begining to end in one straight line, it doesn't dip or move in and when it has the potential to finally breathe under all the heavy production, it doesn't.

Like, with BNN and Harmonium, we had lighter songs contrasted with darker and heavier songs, and it felt like those albums had direction. This album has direction, but in a very different sense. Like, there are stand out tracks, but they all have an extremely similar feel and style to them, and there aren't any darker tracks to change the tone of the album at all.

I guess that's how I'd describe it, the album doesn't really change in tone or intensity or feel at all. It all feels really constricted and produced the hell out of. I like the production, but I just wish there was more of a balance with the tracks, because there really isn't any.

I still think Harmonium is her crowning achievement as an artist, H&T is very good and is much better than BNN in my opinion, but Harmonium just holds a very special place in my heart.

Harmonium was a better technical album than either Be Not Nobody and Heroes and Thieves but I think the new one is vastly superior to Be Not Nobody. I think this is Nessa's best work to date purely from a melodic [as in really singable tunes] point of view.

Formerly known as Meraphix

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Re: love
« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2007, 01:48:07 pm »
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
Quote from: "liquidblue244"
The album sounds bright. I think the piano is a brighter piano than the one she generally uses.
I can definitely hear the influence of Stevie Nicks.....if you have heard Stevie's latest album, there are similarities......

I like it.

Yeah, I wrote a long post about the feel of this album, but it got shafted and ended up being the last post on page 9. I hate it when that happens.

This album's very light hearted in tone, very bright and poppy.

Totally! I feel like going to the park and just dancing around.....I feel so peppy right now....haha.
I almost feel a country vibe on it too....especially come undone.....I feel so happy right now.  :D

Haha, I totally get the country vibe when listening to Come Undone too. This is definately a feel good album. lol

MikeSter4

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2007, 01:49:24 pm »
I really like all of them, but if I had to pick my favorite it would still have to be BNN.  I don't know everything about that album was just incredible - however H&T comes very close.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #139 on: September 26, 2007, 01:49:52 pm »
Quote from: "HarmySandwhich"

Harmonium was a better technical album than either Be Not Nobody and Heroes and Thieves but I think the new one is vastly superior to Be Not Nobody. I think this is Nessa's best work to date purely from a melodic [as in really singable tunes] point of view.

I think we can basically confirm with this album that Ron Fair is a horrible producer. lol

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #140 on: September 26, 2007, 01:50:52 pm »

I feel like they're the children you have that you love equally, but for different reasons.

BNN is wide-eyed, innocent and raw.
Harmonium is revealing and exposes more of her dark side (Annie, HAWBTW, She Floats, The Wreckage) and tightly knit.
H&T is refined and the most grown-up (predictably).  Her voice is better, but the piano seems simplest of all of the albums.

I could never choose a favorite.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!

HarmySandwhich

• View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #141 on: September 26, 2007, 01:51:52 pm »

I think we can basically confirm with this album that Ron Fair is a horrible producer. lol

Awww, don't say that. Ordinary Day, A Thousand Miles and Rinse were masterfully produced! However, I have to confess that I think the orchestra arrangement was much better on Be not Nobody than either Heroes and Thieves and Harmonium.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #142 on: September 26, 2007, 01:54:47 pm »

Awww, don't say that. Ordinary Day, A Thousand Miles and Rinse were masterfully produced! However, I have to confess that I think the orchestra arrangement was much better on Be not Nobody than either Heroes and Thieves and Harmonium.

The string arrangements are very good, I'll give Ron Fair kudos for that, but aside from his arrangements I don't care for his actuall production.

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #143 on: September 26, 2007, 01:58:19 pm »
ah, its all beautiful, but like many I hate stevies vocals in it. Far too
deep, if you dont mind me saying! no offence to her diehard fans.

well I have already bought the album. Albums are so much more then just the music! I wanna see the leaflet and besides I wanna support V!  8)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #144 on: September 26, 2007, 01:58:43 pm »
I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had like the crappiest day today like the crappiset day, I can't even begin to explain and than to come to this it just makes everything seem likes it nothing agh I LOVE IT!!!!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
It's leaked
« Reply #145 on: September 26, 2007, 02:01:14 pm »
oh my God. oh my God. all i've listened to is Home and More Than This and if the rest is this fucking incredible I will just... i don't know. Home is a very important song to me. I just cried my eyes out.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

HarmySandwhich

• View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #146 on: September 26, 2007, 02:01:49 pm »
I think everyone here will be buying it. As some one said before, when we get our presigned copies, we'll have to compare them. What does everyone think the sleeve will end up looking like? It would be really awesome if it was an actual booklet with photos as well as the lyrics.

amberbeads

• AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
It's leaked
« Reply #147 on: September 26, 2007, 02:02:25 pm »
oh yes i will definitely buy this. no doubt.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

liquidblue244

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Stevie
« Reply #148 on: September 26, 2007, 02:03:00 pm »
Quote from: "Twilight_Angel"
ah, its all beautiful, but like many I hate stevies vocals in it. Far too
deep, if you dont mind me saying! no offence to her diehard fans.

well I have already bought the album. Albums are so much more then just the music! I wanna see the leaflet and besides I wanna support V!  8)

I like it. Stevie rocks.

And all the constellations, shine down on you and me...

Twilight_Angel

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
It's leaked
« Reply #149 on: September 26, 2007, 02:03:44 pm »
I think everyone here will be buying it. As some one said before, when we get our presigned copies, we'll have to compare them. What does everyone think the sleeve will end up looking like? It would be really awesome if it was an actual booklet with photos as well as the lyrics.

and the thankyou's! love them =] yeah I think it'll be like BNN in organisation, but with like photos then lyrics like delta goodrems =]