Author Topic: Fan Reviews of Heroes and Thieves  (Read 34731 times)

HarmySandwhich

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Fan Reviews of Heroes and Thieves
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2007, 02:38:35 pm »
Quote from: "Boy of Summer"
Quote from: "whitehouses81680"
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
Are you all joking about Spring Street not being melodic? You MUST be joking. I would argue it's one of (if not) the MOST melodic song on the album. This song gets stuck in my head already and I have only known it for less than a day. And I don't just mean the "na na na" part- the verses I even find catchy.

If you've ever heard Josh Rouse's Nashville album, and you probably haven't because he's not very well known at all, Spring Street sounds very much like some of the songs on that album.

I call them breezy - because they are so melodic.

I love spring street too! its just so good!!!

it just might be the best song she has ever written

not a chance

"home" is

\0 \0 \0

Formerly known as Meraphix

HeroesAndThieves

• love plastic love
    • MSN Messenger - heroesandthieves@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2007, 03:15:51 pm »
BarmySandwich, I realised in your review [which is very good!] You called This Time, The One  :D

Just pointing that out.

But after listening to the album at least 20 times over, i've noticed that My Best is actually really good  :oops:

HarmySandwhich

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2007, 03:22:16 pm »
Quote from: "HeroesAndThieves"
BarmySandwich, I realised in your review [which is very good!] You called This Time, The One  :D

Just pointing that out.

But after listening to the album at least 20 times over, i've noticed that My Best is actually really good  :oops:

Lies!

:oops:

Thanks for the compliments. I love My Best too but as stated, I think the verses are too long.

Epit

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2007, 03:34:11 pm »
01)Nolita Fairytale - this is a g0od c0meback s0ng! the drumbeat and the simple pian0 mel0dy just can't get 0ut 0f my head. 9/10

02)Hands 0n Me - As f0r the 0fficial studi0 versi0n, it turns 0ut m0re catchy and the v0cal impr0ved. the 0chestra and 0ther extra instruments just hit me! 8/10

03)Spring Street - 0k. this is s0mething different! this s0ng isn't like any 0ther typical V s0ngs. its s0mething new. and i need s0me adjustment time t0 accept this kind 0f s0ng. but its getting int0 me! 7/10

04)My Best - n0w i understand why V wanted t0 pick this s0ng as the lead single (but it wasn't). its s0mething h0nest as the mel0dy is simple and just nice. i l0ve the way this s0ng fused s0me 0f the mel0dies fr0m 0thers s0ng. 8/10

05)Come Und0ne - the pian0 in this s0ng is just fantastic! and the v0cals are the best in this s0ng! i guess its just t0o much percussi0n in it. effecting the harm0ny 0f this s0ng. 8/10

06)The 0ne - this is my fav0urite s0ng (bef0re i heard the studi0 versi0n) maybe v0ice 0f Stevie ruined the beauty 0f this s0ng! this is a really sad s0ng but it turns 0ut n0t that sad! blame 0n Stevie! 9/10

07)Her0es & Thieves - This is the sec0nd best s0ng in this album! i am s0 in l0ve with this s0ng! A perfect 10! 10/10

08)This Time - i just n0t s0 int0 this s0ng. eventh0ugh this is the m0st wanted s0ng by the 0ther fans. 6/10

09)F0ols Like Me - this sl0w s0ng bec0mes a catchy s0ng. wh0 did this? Genius lyrics th0ugh. 8/10

10)Home - Great great great pian0 skills! i bet the best next single! great ballad s0ng! 9/10

11)More Than this - The best s0ng ever written by V! i d0n't kn0w h0w t0 explain but i think its the best s0ng i've ever heard and n0 s0ng will beat this f0rever! A perfect ending. 11/10

HeroesAndThieves

• love plastic love
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2007, 03:37:28 pm »
what's with the zeros? It's really annoying, whats wrong with o...  :?

therealchriss

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2007, 03:52:12 pm »

I second the motion.

HarmySandwhich

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2007, 03:53:10 pm »

His keyboard is broken and the "o" key doesn't work. That's my best guess. Oh btw [to the other dude], you might want to try and take the keys out and make sure there are no hairs in the components of the keyboard - that's the reason why it probably won't work. You'll be suprised what hairs can do - they are the most common reason why keys don't work or aren't functioning properly.

HeroesAndThieves

• love plastic love
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2007, 04:20:36 pm »
Quote from: "HarmySandwhich"

His keyboard is broken and the "o" key doesn't work. That's my best guess. Oh btw [to the other dude], you might want to try and take the keys out and make sure there are no hairs in the components of the keyboard - that's the reason why it probably won't work. You'll be suprised what hairs can do - they are the most common reason why keys don't work or aren't functioning properly.

But they use "o" in it alot as well.
F0ols Like Me

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2007, 08:00:17 pm »
Quote from: "Boy of Summer"
Quote from: "whitehouses81680"
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
Are you all joking about Spring Street not being melodic? You MUST be joking. I would argue it's one of (if not) the MOST melodic song on the album. This song gets stuck in my head already and I have only known it for less than a day. And I don't just mean the "na na na" part- the verses I even find catchy.

If you've ever heard Josh Rouse's Nashville album, and you probably haven't because he's not very well known at all, Spring Street sounds very much like some of the songs on that album.

I call them breezy - because they are so melodic.

I love spring street too! its just so good!!!

it just might be the best song she has ever written

not a chance

"home" is

i'm gonna have to disagree.

nonotmebob

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dmetschke.com
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2007, 09:52:24 pm »
Quote from: "Gingernut"
Spring Street intro reminds me of the Clarissa Explains It All Intro.
Other than that, the whole thing's brilliant :D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XugpoY6cXhY

ahahaha YOU ARE AMAZING I feel like doing a copy/paste and throwing the ones from clarissa explains it all in there.

omfg... love you[/url]
- CC
"My Brain Is Drowning In Caffeine"

----------
www.dmetschke.com - www.myspace.com/dmetschke

**Ann-Marie89**

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - buttaflikat@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/NZannmarie89
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2007, 10:38:50 pm »
Lol hairy keyboards! Haha yea ppl and thier little idiosyncrasies....

:D
**Ann-Marie like a mirror of what you wanna be**

*Tutorials* and Nessa Song Demonstrations of Accurate Transcriptions from Me, Myself and I, as well as Pianobea, Blueglove and Maag (mentioned on each song where applicable) on Youtube! Yay!! (Go See! ^_^)

http://www.youtube.com/NZannmarie89

saphire

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2007, 01:18:20 am »
The record is amazing. My favourite is My best. I'm so in love with it. But i could cry the entire time i'm listening to it because it's so good. I didn't liked the live version of The one with Stevie but the Studiorecording blows me away. I love everything at the record. Amzing Amazing Amazing
The unicorns are riding high
Powerful in coats of white
I turn to look and burn my eyes
I carry on, I carry on

Epit

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2007, 02:15:35 am »
sorry about the 'zeros' thing...
i'm just used to it..
i'll try not to use it...
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2007, 05:13:53 am »
my view:

I like the album. It is sooo much better than Be Not Nobody. But I will still of course listen to Be Not Nobody the same. SHe has just come a LONG way since that album.

I like every song on this record. I mean each song probabley has something that not everyone likes. Hence The One and Stevies goat voice. But I think at some ceratin points its really nice. I just look at it as us being lucky to even be able to listen to this songs as a cd. I am prefectly content with the cd.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2007, 06:22:48 am »
Ok... this review is not my final word on the album...

One word... Masterpiece...

Every song has a quiet psuedo meaning... like the pages of a book...

I actually dig Come Undone... which with its uber extended intro and outro make the song like a "bridge" ... i mean i take it like... you can now take a break and listen to some really soft instrumental music... I totally love it...

Home... Blew me off... I was like ok... pretty much what I've heard... but then the extended outro where there is this amazing piano riff that reminds me of when she did the cover of "Where the streets have no name"...

Stevie doesnt really blow the song... its pretty ok...I dont really mind it...

but "More than this" is such an amazing song... If the album is supposed to be something like the chapters of a book... More than this just screams "HERES A HAPPY ENDING!!!"
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...