Author Topic: Heavenly Sword - PS3  (Read 3170 times)

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
Heavenly Sword - PS3
« on: September 28, 2007, 07:53:06 pm »

Has anyone here played Heavenly Sword yet? This game is seriously amazing, I've never been so stunned and completely amazed while playing a video game before. The cinematography is superb... well, basically everything about this game is awesome.

Even if you don't own a PS3, find someone who does and make them buy it so you can watch it, lol. It's quite the experience.

My friend Megan who never plays video games and doesn't care for them went "Holy shit" when she saw it and insisted on playing it, haha.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
Heavenly Sword - PS3
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 08:27:34 pm »
I'm not a PlayStation person anymore...but if it comes out on XBOX 360 I would love to play it. What type of game is it?

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Heavenly Sword - PS3
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 08:36:28 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
I'm not a PlayStation person anymore...but if it comes out on XBOX 360 I would love to play it. What type of game is it?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lFsNyttvjZY Here's a trailer, it's an action adventure game, similar but superior to games such as God of War.

Unfortuneatly for 360 owners this game is a PS3 exclusive, and that's because the game fully utilizes the blu-ray disc, the 360's limited disc space can't handle games like Heavenly Sword.

The use of space and physics in the game are really incredible, when you see mountains in the distance and on the horizon in the background, they are actually miles and miles away from where your positioned on the screen, this game is utterly enormeous.  

It's very very cool.

Manda

• View Profile
Heavenly Sword - PS3
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 08:41:25 pm »
it sounds cool, probably one of the only good games that will help the playstation sales.

I'm probably going to buy an HD player for my 360 because its cheap and its been recommended to me by a lot of customers/people.

I don't know if it will live up to Halo 3 though.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Heavenly Sword - PS3
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 08:51:51 pm »
You can't really compare Heavenly Sword with the Halo franchise, Halo is immensely popular and is in a completely different class of its own, you'd have to compare Halo 3 to the likes of Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4, and once FF13 and MGS4 are released, the PS3 will begin to sell in large numbers. The 360 has a one year advantage on the PS3, so just give the system some time, soon enough you just might be interested in buying it once more 3rd party software is developed and released. Who knows.

I wouldn't recommend buying an hd-dvd player for the 360, the blu-ray format is beating the hd-dvd format, and studio's that originally backed the hd-dvd format are now supporting blu-ray. The only reason why hd-dvd is still around at the moment is because NBC-Universal, is being stubborn and refuses to give up on hd-dvd (and that's because they own a lot of stock on it), which is really unfortuneate because all they're doing is dragging out this really stupid format war. Retailers such as Target and Circuit City are dropping hd-dvd already, sooo, I think it'd be wiser to invest in a blu-ray player in near future. Blu-ray is the better format and hd-dvd won't be around for much longer once NBC-Universal finally admits defeat so to speak. lol

Manda

• View Profile
Heavenly Sword - PS3
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 09:07:37 pm »
I would have to disagree on that. I used to work at Best Buy for about a year and HD DVD is what we highly recommended, its cheaper and the quality is amazing.

Play Station was selling way overpriced consoles with about like six or a few more games that were not selling. We had people returning PS3's all the time because they were just unhappy with it. Just because it was released earlier doesn't mean that Play Station hasn't had enough time to attract more people to buy it or like it...They have been around way longer. I was never even interested in an XBOX until I saw the graphics and the games that were out. Not to mention Play Station cut its cost...I wonder why? It just wasn't selling. The games aren't selling and the only games that are, are for the Play Station 2. Its retarded. XBOX doesn't just release games for its older console it releases them for the 360. As for Blu Ray being better, I had customers and people that i worked with in Home theater recommend the HD DVD.  :D

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Heavenly Sword - PS3
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 09:55:30 pm »
I would have to disagree on that. I used to work at Best Buy for about a year and HD DVD is what we highly recommended, its cheaper and the quality is amazing.

Play Station was selling way overpriced consoles with about like six or a few more games that were not selling. We had people returning PS3's all the time because they were just unhappy with it. Just because it was released earlier doesn't mean that Play Station hasn't had enough time to attract more people to buy it or like it...They have been around way longer. I was never even interested in an XBOX until I saw the graphics and the games that were out. Not to mention Play Station cut its cost...I wonder why? It just wasn't selling. The games aren't selling and the only games that are, are for the Play Station 2. Its retarded. XBOX doesn't just release games for its older console it releases them for the 360. As for Blu Ray being better, I had customers and people that i worked with in Home theater recommend the HD DVD.  :D

What one particular store recommends doesn't have an impact on which is the better format. I'm the Electronics Department Team Lead at Target, and we push blu-ray.

http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/entertainment/other/blu-ray_winning_the_format_war

If you're interested, that article currently lies out the situation involving the blu-ray versus hd-dvd format war. *Shrugs*

And the 360 really isn't cheaper at all. If you buy the Xbox 360 Elite system, it costs 450 dollars. If you want a wireless network adapter for your system, you have to pay 100 dollars for an adapter. And an HD-DVD player for the 360 costs 180 dollars, bringing the total costs up to 680 dollars. You also have to pay a monthly fee to use Microsoft's online servers.

The PS3 is wireless ready, and comes with a blu-ray player all for just 600 dollars, and Sony provides free internet access with its servers and doesn't charge you. And it's all nicely packaged in one unit.

So it basically just boils down to which system you prefer, that's all. The fact that the PS3 hasn't even been out for a year is a legitimate reason as to why Sony hasn't been able to attract people to buying it, and want to know why? As I already said it's because of the software, once more games are released, which takes time, people will eventually buy it. 360 wasn't released with Halo 3, it was released with really lame games like King Kong.

Sony cut the costs of the 60 gig unit because they're introducing a new 80 gig unit for the regular price of 600 dollars, the price cut is just to help get rid of the old model, that's all.  

And you're still seeing PS2 games being released because they were already in development from the begining to be made for that system before the PS3 was released. The PS2 is still the number one selling console anyway, it continues to beat the 360, Wii, and PS3 in sales. *Shrugs*

I really don't want to make this into a huge Sony vs. 360 argument, because we clearly have firm allegancies to each opposing side. lol

Manda

• View Profile
Heavenly Sword - PS3
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 08:09:12 am »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"

What one particular store recommends doesn't have an impact on which is the better format. I'm the Electronics Department Team Lead at Target, and we push blu-ray.

http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/entertainment/other/blu-ray_winning_the_format_war

If you're interested, that article currently lies out the situation involving the blu-ray versus hd-dvd format war. *Shrugs*

And the 360 really isn't cheaper at all. If you buy the Xbox 360 Elite system, it costs 450 dollars. If you want a wireless network adapter for your system, you have to pay 100 dollars for an adapter. And an HD-DVD player for the 360 costs 180 dollars, bringing the total costs up to 680 dollars. You also have to pay a monthly fee to use Microsoft's online servers.

The PS3 is wireless ready, and comes with a blu-ray player all for just 600 dollars, and Sony provides free internet access with its servers and doesn't charge you. And it's all nicely packaged in one unit.

So it basically just boils down to which system you prefer, that's all. The fact that the PS3 hasn't even been out for a year is a legitimate reason as to why Sony hasn't been able to attract people to buying it, and want to know why? As I already said it's because of the software, once more games are released, which takes time, people will eventually buy it. 360 wasn't released with Halo 3, it was released with really lame games like King Kong.

Sony cut the costs of the 60 gig unit because they're introducing a new 80 gig unit for the regular price of 600 dollars, the price cut is just to help get rid of the old model, that's all.  

And you're still seeing PS2 games being released because they were already in development from the begining to be made for that system before the PS3 was released. The PS2 is still the number one selling console anyway, it continues to beat the 360, Wii, and PS3 in sales. *Shrugs*

I really don't want to make this into a huge Sony vs. 360 argument, because we clearly have firm allegancies to each opposing side. lol

I'm a gamer myself, used to play a lot more RPG's like Dark Age of Camelot and World of Warcraft and the popular vote was for the XBOX 360. I've read the reviews, and in the gaming magazines they have sided towards the 360. And the 360 had great games that were released, one of my favorites being Kameo the graphics were amazing not to mention the skill involved to play. And the 360 is not that expensive, they have package deals all the time. (I bought the premium myself) and they also have a cheaper core console if you can't afford the upgrades with the premium package so thats pretty nice on their part. Working at Best Buy with all the other competitiors we always had packaged deals with games, extra's, and even the HD-DVD player around $400-$500.

But I agree, we both like different consoles. The play station 3 was a huge disappointment for me and now that I purchased a 360 I've seen the light. Even now the games for the PS3 are minimal, its depressing. I would probably just buy a PS2. I love my 360, and all the games and everything else that comes with it. To each his own.  :wink:

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
Heavenly Sword - PS3
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 12:06:36 pm »
Heavenly Sword is an okay game from what I've heard.
It's beautiful but that's about it: the gameplay isn't innovative and you keep pushing those buttons all the time (it's a "button masher" kind of game). Meh.
Buy Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii in Nov or Metroid Prime 3 right now! ;)
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic