Author Topic: 8/9/2007: Bar Louie - Newport, KY (review)  (Read 6735 times)

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
8/9/2007: Bar Louie - Newport, KY (review)
« on: August 09, 2007, 12:30:47 pm »
Hey, everyone!

Sorry it took so long. The thing was at noon. After the whole deal, my friend Yazzy (who I took) and I went and saw Hot Rod. It was good, nothing great.

Anyway, so... the show/meet and greet/lunch! It was really fun, but a lot shorter than I was hoping it would be. Anyway, so I decided to take my friend Yazzy. She has now vowed to go buy HaT on October 9th (V confirmed the date... I know there were people here saying it wasn't definite or something). So we got to Bar Louie and I was really excited and nervous and was seemed like the only one there who know who Vanessa was (besides Yazzy). I had a seat right by the keyboard.

So we're sitting there and I'm looking around and there's V giving an interview across the bar. I'm officially getting fanboy-y on her. They gave us sheets of paper and we could write three questions on there. Anyway, I was having trouble picking questions. I used two of Yazzy's three, haha. So then Brian Douglas, one of the DJs from Q102, introduces her and she comes down and I say, "Please play 'Fools Like Me'" and she smiled at me.

So she didn't play "Fools Like Me". They allowed her to do three songs. She started off with "Hands on Me" and it was awesome. Yazzy was very moved, she started to cry. It just felt surreal that V was right there performing one of my favorite songs. So they get to the Q&A thing. They ask Yazzy's one question, which was "Where do you get the inspiration for your songs?" Yazzy was mad that they asked it, she thought it was a dumb question. Then they read one of my questions, the least important of my 5: "When you go on tour, can you promise to come to Cincy?" Anyway, so she definitely is coming in to do a show for the Q102 Bosom Ball, which is a breast cancer benefit.

So she starts off with ATM. After the intro she stops to scratch her nose and re-enters with "making my way downtown...." (down down?) I got some video of this. Everyone in the place recognized it and was happy that she did it. I wanted "Fools Like Me". But I am in no way bitter. After ATM, they asked her some question which led to her talking about Stevie, which segwayed (sp?) into "Nolita Fairytale", which was awesome. I can't wait to hear this song with a full band, it's going to be great. After that (or maybe before...), they asked the question "If you could have any superpower, what would it be?" So she starts talking about how she would make a "powder... or no, a pill" which would make her say the right thing, because she gets into a lot of foot-in-mouth situations. Then she said, "Or no, a pill that would make me disappear. Wow, I'm talking alot about pills." She clarified that she was not into pills. Always good to know.

So after that, they formed a makeshift cue for people to get autographs and pictures. Yazzy and I went first, so I'm standing there, nervous as hell. I walked up and said that I joined the O-Board in August of 2002. She said, "Wow." And I had her sign my copy of Harmonium and a picture for my sister. I really had a lot to ask her, but I felt really condensed and really weird because I was the only fan there. I then said that I had recorded a cover of "Ameriteen" and she said, "Yeah, I remember that I wrote a song called 'Ameriteen'" and she gave me permission to put it my album, which was exciting. Then I asked her if "My Best" and "Best Behavior" were the same song and she said that they weren't and that "Best Behavior" would not be on HaT. Sorry, guys. I didn't get to ask her about "All Is Well".

Somewhere in there, I don't know the sequence of events (it was all a blur ), V played the intro to "Fools Like Me" which was really awesome. We got a picture with her, which will supposedly be on the Q102 website. I'll post the pic when they put it on there. The people who were running seemed irritated by my taking "so long", they told everyone else to make it quick. But I was the only superfan there, so fuck them. It kinda pissed me off, cause they were making us hurry so that they could all take pictures with V and sit down and eat lunch with her. Really annoying.

So she went over and sat down (was surrounded by, actually) a bunch of Q102 people that I don't think she wanted to be around. Yazzy had a good view and she said that she looked like she was bored as hell. Oh well. It was a short encounter, but it was REALLY awesome.
Joe

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 01:00:20 pm »
Sounds like it was great!
aww that sucks that Best Behavior wont be on the album. :(
Thanks for sharing..

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 01:11:08 pm »
Joe

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 01:23:30 pm »
you promise?... oh just got it lol oh well that best behavior wont be on it but oh well...anywho thats soooo cool you got to like get up lcose to her and stuff! agh.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

lupita0017

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 01:28:43 pm »
thank you so much for poasting omg im so jealous

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 01:29:10 pm »
Thanks for the vid :)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 01:53:21 pm »
That's awesome. Glad you and your friend had a good time.
Thanks for sharing your story, pictures and video.  :)

You're a cutie.

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 01:56:50 pm »
Awesome! Sounds great.

I'm very disappointed about Best Behavior though. I wanted to hear it with the full band.

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 02:50:02 pm »
Joey! You've grown!  You look much older than your last pics with V :)

I am really glad you got the chance to ask some good questions and share your experience with us.  I bet Vanessa was thrilled to have such a fan like yourself there!

That is so cool you asked about Ameriteen and she said you could put it on your album ;)

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 02:51:33 pm »
Quote from: "kaysha"

That is so cool you asked about Ameriteen and she said you could put it on your album ;)

-katia

That is pretty cool!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 02:52:04 pm »
As always, she looks so pretty! That really sux that BB won't be in the album, maybe it could be like a B side or something, i don't know... Is she really Super Thin??? I mean she used to be kinda, a little bit full on the face during BNN but then got thinner around Harmonium... but thin is always in! lol.  :)  

Hope you had a lot of fun!!!

Jophess

• View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 03:00:14 pm »
Thanks, everyone! I'm waiting for Q102 to put the picture of me, V, and my friend up. When it's up, I'll post it here. It will be my Facebook, Myspace, etc. profile pic for a while haha.

Quote from: "kaysha"
I am really glad you got the chance to ask some good questions and share your experience with us.  I bet Vanessa was thrilled to have such a fan like yourself there!

I felt kind of weird, sort of creepy, almost stalkerish with her. She seemed happy that I was so familiar with her work, I just hope I didn't seem TOO familiar. haha

And yeah, I'm psyched about Ameriteen. She was like, "Sure, go ahead." Needless to say, it's not going to be on HaT.
Joe

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 03:11:09 pm »
I know that she is really appreciative of the individuals that have stuck with her since the beginning.  You have to realize that a lot of people moved on over the years and she even says that you learn who really cares when you aren't hugely popular.

I think you asked some good questions and didn't come off stalker-ish to me.  :)  Do you think she wants to answer a question from you about if My Best and Best Behavior are the same song, or "What does Nolita Fairytale mean?" for the 500th time...

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

All I Ask2003

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kyyyyyy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 08:13:46 pm »
There isn't really anything I have to say that anyone else hasn't said already, like that it sucks that Best Behavior isn't making HaT.  Congratulations on getting permission for Ameriteen!
I really really hope she comes back to FL.
OH- and Joey, you're cute, lol.
sig & av by natalie, thank you!