Author Topic: Sales - "Heroes & Thieves"  (Read 43591 times)

Promiscuous Boy

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • MSN Messenger - Barmy-for-music@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.justnelly.com
Sales - "Heroes & Thieves"
« Reply #120 on: November 04, 2007, 05:18:39 am »
Quote from: "charmed23"
Quote from: "Promiscuous Boy"

Americans enjoy DANCE, TRANCE, HIP HOP, FERGIE music.. Ness is not able and CAN'T be able to do this kind of music... yeah, that's what they call...

Disagree. Americans love ATM. "Bubbly" is also rising on the chart. And they are not those types of music you mentioned.

Second: She can keep being this great artist where she's not famous.. just for some.. like us...

Agree somehow. I love the fact that I seem to be the only one in my school know Vanessa, I feel special, haha. Still, I wish she would have better sales.

Well, Firstly, I disagree with you

Okay, not all Americans like the styles I said.. but most of them do.
How can a song called " Umbrella " be Number 01?

See it
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Singles&f=The+Billboard+Hot+100

This TOP10

Only COLBIE has a no-sexy-genre
The rest are from the style I said...

Second:

Yeah, you like the fact you're the only one to know about Vanessa.. but do you think Vanessa likes this fact?
Don't you think that she wishes she could have sold more, be more known around the world?

I think she does...

Natalie Imbruglia rocks Europe.. rocks my life!

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2007, 10:26:32 am »
Quote from: "charmed23"

Americans enjoy DANCE, TRANCE, HIP HOP, FERGIE music.. Ness is not able and CAN'T be able to do this kind of music... yeah, that's what they call...

Disagree. Americans love ATM. "Bubbly" is also rising on the chart. And they are not those types of music you mentioned.

Second: She can keep being this great artist where she's not famous.. just for some.. like us...

Agree somehow. I love the fact that I seem to be the only one in my school know Vanessa, I feel special, haha. Still, I wish she would have better sales.

How can a song called " Umbrella " be Number 01?

See it
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Singles&f=The+Billboard+Hot+100

Well, i like Umbrella not because of it's, as you call "sexy" sound that Rihanna uses. the message and the lyrics are what's important to me in that song. if you've heard of the scott simons version of this, you'll be blown away by how beautiful it really is, just by eliminating all the extra little glitz and glamour of the song.

http://www.scottsimonsmusic.net/umbrella.html

chrisb

• AOL Instant Messenger - smartdudeforlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2007, 11:23:31 am »
I really wish the album would catch fire later on; however, realistically I don't think this album is the one that will put Vanessa back in the top 10. Hopefully the next one will.

I think she should try and reach for more foreign markets where her music would fit in with their style more. She did very well In Southeast Asia with Harmonium, like #3 well. She did well in European countries too.

Does the INC. have a branch in other countries? It may be a smart move to sell Vanessa over there but also keep her advertised in the U.S.

Promiscuous Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2007, 12:07:45 pm »
Crisb, totally Agree

Def.. America is not the right place for Vanessa Music

Just like Natalie's music.. She's not famous in Australia where she is from.. she made a big big success in the UK

Bigtuna

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2007, 08:21:45 pm »
She was at #160 with sales of 4,800.

:cry:

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2007, 08:40:36 pm »
Crisb, totally Agree

Def.. America is not the right place for Vanessa Music

Just like Natalie's music.. She's not famous in Australia where she is from.. she made a big big success in the UK

It's not so much that America is the wrong place for Vanessa's music, it's that America is huge compared to the UK and it's a lot harder to make a dent in the music scene here than it is in the UK.

It's a lot easier to do well in the UK only because it's much much much smaller, artists that do well in the UK and Europe sometimes almost do as well here in the States, but those numbers still won't help them in the States since our industry is so much bigger.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2007, 08:46:10 am »
so what's the latest sales number? 26,345?

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2007, 02:40:49 pm »
ya does ayone know what this weeks sales were??

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Bigtuna

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2007, 11:14:19 pm »
Based on watching the charts for so many years, she'll probably sell 2000-3000, but I should have official numbers soon.

Promiscuous Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2007, 01:25:46 pm »
Oh no!

Well, Next week, Heroes and Thieves will be released in Brazil.. probably in all latin America... let's wait it and see if it gets far.. cos, Vanessa has many fans here...

Bigtuna

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2007, 08:12:06 pm »
"Heroes and Thieves" has fallen out of the Billboard 200.

The #200 album "DISNEY KARAOKE SERIES HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 2" sold 3,971.

chrisb

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2007, 10:22:42 pm »
Eeeesh, that sucks. Poor Vanessa, her new album did worse than her last one that had zero promotion. I think it's safe to call the album a flop, as sad as it is to say. I wouldn't have thought it would have fallen this fast, I figured it'd linger in the 100s. Oh well, hopefully her next CD will do better but she needs to really broaden her horizons if she ever wants the same success as Be Not Nobody.

Sad thing is, since the album just came out it really won't garner anymore sales since it won't even be on the charts anymore. Since the CD is so new and it did so poorly, will there even be a next CD? I don't want to be pessimistic at all, I love VC but the music industry is a very harsh scene and I'm being realistic.

Bigtuna

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2007, 10:24:52 pm »
No, don't count her out just yet. Pink had "Stupid Girls" which did well for a few weeks, and the album "I'm Not Dead" fell pretty quickly just like Heroes and Thieves has, but after some rebounding singles the album came back to sell over a million so far. There's still hope, they just have to make the right 2nd single choice and do at least some promotion for it (Spring Street).

chrisb

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 08, 2007, 10:31:10 pm »
Guess that's true but the next single is gonna need to be something REALLY impactful to make a dent in poor sales. Like I said, hopefully she won't just do music and try some other things like modeling. She needs to show up on TRL some more, an interview on VH1 and some good promotion in Rolling Stones magazine would really help.

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2007, 08:18:14 am »
Hands on me. i swear that will recover her.