Author Topic: Working On "More Than This"  (Read 2477 times)

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Working On "More Than This"
« on: October 25, 2007, 06:37:37 am »
Yes, but I do need some stuff that I'm not sure is out there. For one, I'll probably need a video of Vanessa singing it live, but I'm not sure she's done so yet, so that's not absolutely mandatory. Secondly, I have never made sheet music before, so maybe someone can explain to me how to do that using Adobe Reader? Maybe just a slight tutorial-like thing, they could message me or something, seeing as that isn't fit for the boards, because it's a one on one conversation.
I wouldn't ask for these two things if I didn't think I could figure out the whole song, because I am quite positive I can now. I have never figured out a song by ear before, making me think I was quite incapable of doing so, but trying this has made me trust I can. If you are wondering about my progress, I shall tell you. Although I'm not that far quite yet seeing as how I didn't start working on it again since this morning.
I have the intro (Something is missing but I have the main idea and it's not absolutely important, if someone can figure it out, great), and the first verse for sure, I just need to have a definate on the "I'll never need more than this" part, but I think I have the basic idea around that. Aren't you all excited? I am..I love that song.  :D
That's what she said.

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 09:43:22 am »
I'm excited!  Thank you.   :)
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 02:37:26 pm »
i am very excited!!!

i can help you if youd like :D

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 10:06:34 am »
Well, for the most part, I am just waiting for Vanessa to sing More Than This live, and then for someone to get their hands on that and show me, so I can figure out the 'and the trees grow so thick' part, because it's a little hard to hear for all the strings. Then, I have to figure out how to MAKE sheet music. Haha, I've never done it before.
But I've made some more progress, I'm sure you'll be happy to hear. I've confirmed the "I'll never need more than this" part, and then the part she plays after that is just the same as the intro, but with an octave for the right hand.
That's what she said.