Author Topic: Home vs. Far  (Read 1635 times)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Home vs. Far
« on: November 08, 2007, 10:59:36 am »
I just had to do a photography/photoshop project for class based on self portrait collages... You could put yourself in the picture but I decided to use scenery to portray an inner conflict I have right now. I'm about to graduate college and I still don't know where I want to live afterwards. A big part of me wants to go home to LA which I love and am familiar with. My family is there and it's home... but I've also always wanted to give living somewhere else a shot. So I took photos of familiar places around my home, took aspects from those photos and layered them over maps of places far away. The maps portrayed here are of London, Tokyo and New York City. I also did a 4th one with Sidney... but I don't like it and want to redo it. These are random and definitely not anything like what the other students did... but I think they turned out kinda interesting looking.

"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Home vs. Far
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 12:56:59 pm »
those do look pretty cool!

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
Home vs. Far
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 02:00:15 pm »
That is a very creative and inspired idea! I love the way those look and your meaning behind it makes a lot of sense! I feel the same way about going to live somwewhere away from home and kinda making your own adventure. Hahaha...it's kinda like Spring Street!
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

feishien

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Home vs. Far
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 05:20:26 pm »
The photos fit your meaning so well, and they look fantastic  :)