Author Topic: skye steele amateur?  (Read 6036 times)

Steveau

• VCUBs
  • Fine as dandelions
  • OLD man whistling
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Steveau98
    • View Profile
skye steele amateur?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2007, 02:31:57 pm »
I liked him in L.A.

BWilli

• Speeding into the horizon
    • MSN Messenger - bdubprod@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
skye steele amateur?
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 09:26:23 pm »
seen him in AZ, NV and CO and I think he's doing well too....definately adds to it

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
Re: retort
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2007, 03:26:56 pm »
Quote from: "citybtb"
I agree that the violin adds to her music, but his violin does not.  I will admit that I am judging his performance based on one show.  If that performance is the indication of how he sounds then I am concerned.  I did take your advice and I visited his website.  My opinion is reinforced.  Perhaps, listeners on this site do not know what a violin is really supposed to sound like.  People should listen to the performances objectively, not from the standpoint of a "nessaholic" who worships everything in association with Vanessa.  I think  you will then understand the purpose of my comments which is not to be a jerk, but to facilitate Vanessa's success.

I did not see her on the television shows with another violinist.  Can anyone tell me how to view the performances?  It would be interesting to compare.

I'm glad you cleared that up... because I was thinking you were an arrogant jerk for a minute.  Seriously, everyone is entitled to their opinion and all... but sometimes its just best to keep it to yourself.  

We love Skye around here.  I can't deal with someone talking like that about my boy like that.  Just can't.

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2007, 06:03:15 pm »
Quote from: "nicole"

I'm glad you cleared that up... because I was thinking you were an arrogant jerk for a minute.  Seriously, everyone is entitled to their opinion and all... but sometimes its just best to keep it to yourself.

We love Skye around here.  I can't deal with someone talking like that about my boy like that.  Just can't.

This person shouldn't have to keep it to themself just because you & some others don't agree with him.

& I'm sorry, but what this person is saying is nothing compared to what people have said about my boys (bsb) & the other person I admire (Paula). This guy/girl is being critical at least he's not flat out Simon Cowell bashing him ya know?

Anyways, I think he's better than the girl violinist V had with her on one of the talk shows she performed at. Vanessa even gave her a look during her performance lol thats when you know someone isn't good.

Moogs21

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
skye steele amateur?
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 02:03:02 pm »
I'm not a violinist, but I am a music major, and I thought he was pretty good. I noticed him going low like once in the performance (Chicago), but that happens... seriously, he fixed it and it was all good. I thought I heard a questionable note or two, but I wasn't 100% it wasn't dissonance.
I think generally, there is a difference between classical (classical as in not just classical, but what we consider western european 'classical' music.) and 'pop' music today... If you judge them next to each other, it won't work.

I thought he really added to the performance.

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
skye steele amateur?
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 11:32:49 pm »
^just have to say i love your sig lol

KeyboardGuy90

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
Birchmere
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2007, 03:20:53 pm »
I'm not a violinist either... but I thought he did add a lot to the performance in VA. Maybe he was having a good day? Haha. Either way, the one at the Birchmere was his last performance.

charmedguy18

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2007, 08:54:19 pm »
Quote from: "Laura"
Quote from: "nicole"

This person shouldn't have to keep it to themself just because you & some others don't agree with him.

& I'm sorry, but what this person is saying is nothing compared to what people have said about my boys (bsb) & the other person I admire (Paula). This guy/girl is being critical at least he's not flat out Simon Cowell bashing him ya know?

Anyways, I think he's better than the girl violinist V had with her on one of the talk shows she performed at. Vanessa even gave her a look during her performance lol thats when you know someone isn't good.

I agree.
And wow, I want to see that video haha.