Author Topic: 11/18/2007: Park West - Chicago, IL (review)  (Read 18999 times)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
11/18/2007: Park West - Chicago, IL (review)
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 10:07:30 am »
She brings her own piano. There's a trailer that is attached to the bus. It's in a case that rolls but when they can't get it up the stairs, she uses what is there.

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 11:20:35 am »
Oh and Fools Like Me was amazing.

rainforestspirit

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/nessacarltonfan/
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 11:26:56 am »
I can't wait to see the DVD - does anyone know when it comes out?

I also can't wait to see the photos after B fixes the thread haha! I also have an SLR camera (Canon 20D) and pretend to be a professional photographer so I will be getting some good pics of V at the FL concert (crossing fingers that they let me use it!) My photos from the Harmoniumm tour are here: http://www.geocities.com/nessacarltonfan/

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 01:04:07 pm »
yeah a few times when she sang songs there were a few timse where this guy like shouted " I love you " while she was playing so it totally ruined the scene for the song. But Who's to say was trully amazing, def. an expierence.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Moogs21

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 01:41:13 pm »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
. But Who's to say was trully amazing, def. an expierence.

I still can't get over it. I could feel the vibrations when she played it and... I just can't believe how emotion filled it was...
I sincerly hope all of you get to experience that or something equally as powerful someday.

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 01:51:05 pm »
Quote from: "Moogs21"
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
. But Who's to say was trully amazing, def. an expierence.

I still can't get over it. I could feel the vibrations when she played it and... I just can't believe how emotion filled it was...
I sincerly hope all of you get to experience that or something equally as powerful someday.

agree. I don't know even in the first few seconds of it I lost it just the way it began and the way she sang it the vocals were great and everything just fell in place perfectly.

But I was to wrapped in it to even think to record it...

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

asnigro

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nigro227
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - asnigro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2007, 01:54:04 pm »
Show was pretty great.

So the general sentiment I am getting is that people thought the crowd was rude?  Was this in the standing area in the front?  I was sitting on the opposite side of the bar on a stool in the mid-level with my GF and I thought it was a great seat (I didnt really think there was a bad seat in the place since its nice and small).  I did hear a group of drunks yelling things towards the end that I thought was uncalled for but that was about it.  The crowd was pretty diverse but I guess I dont know what I was expecting.  Back by the bar stools it was pretty relaxed, not too much craziness happening.

There were 2 highlights of the show that stood out to me.  First was "White Houses", played amazingly.  Played with such feeling and we absolutely loved it.  Secondly, the piano solo at the end of "Home" almost knocked me off my barstool.  I hadnt really realized how intense it was on the cd.  In person you get to see how really amazing it is.

Also, if I were to meet Sky Steele after the show I could ask him one question, it would be, "Do you normally kick that much ass on a Sunday night?!?!"  His playing really made the show special (not saying V needed it because kicked just as much, but damn!!!).

My gf and I were hoping to see a cameo by Ja Rule at the show but a las, it never materialized.
I'll...keep...fingers...crossed...always...for...you

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2007, 02:50:53 pm »
OMG!!! so excited we're finally getting a DVD!! Did V mention it? how was it confirmed exactly?

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2007, 03:06:56 pm »
um well they had posters well flyers all around saying your being filmed. Than Marc mentioned it and said that they were filming it for a DVD before she went on. Than when Vanessa was performing she said "I am going to have to edit some of the banter" and "I do get to edit right?" somewhere along those lines. Plus there was a guy with a camera on stage and a guy with a bigger camera on some crane type of thing to the other side.

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 04:00:52 pm »
sounds like it was great!!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOOO excited for this DVD!!!

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Jdub

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2007, 04:15:21 pm »
The show was simply amazing!  I was standing in the front row the whole time and didn't realize the crazy number of people that actually filled up the place until I turned around after the show.

Tons of little moments and things that made the show awesome.  During one of the first songs stringy part of Skye's bow (sorry I don't know the right word) got all loose and it looked like he was struggling to keep it together, but he didn't miss a note and saved it completely.  I know nothing about playing violin so I don't know if that happens a lot or is tough to deal w/ but it was impressive to me.

At least from where I was standing, the stage looked freaking sweet.  They had the smoke machine going and there was a huge backdrop w/ all these lights that faded in and out slowly and it just looked awesome.

By far the most entertaining thing was how Vanessa described being on 4 hours of sleep over the past 2 days and why she was screwing up everything she was trying to say to introduce the songs but was "totally into" the musical vibe. It is more than a little impressive that she was playing soooo well.  I love being there in person because the music just hits you in a whole different way.  I closed my eyes during the opening of Home (my fave on H&T) and was just blown away at how freaking awesome it felt.  People pretty much went nuts during the whole outro to Home, because it rocks that hard.

The whole night was just fantastic because she seemed to be pouring so much emotion into things and Skye was freaking stellar too.  Especially songs like Who's To Say, White Houses, All Is Well and Home came off so strongly to me.

As for the DVD thing, I don't know of a date but it seems pretty darn certain.  There was a camera crane that I believe was mostly getting shots of the stage but possibly also the audience.  Then there was a second cameraguy on the stage getting the other angle and definitely some audience shots.  And V mentioned several times how she was going to have to edit out all their mistakes (which I think are just cute and part of the show) and the people screaming crap out (which I think is really freaking annoying - one guy yelled "I love you Vanessa" at least twice and I wanted to slap the sh!t out of him).  In case people are craving yet further DVD confirmation, they also did interviews w/ a few groups of people who were waiting out by the bus after the concert, and I confirmed it w/ V herself when I talked to her.  I didn't ask for a date and honestly they probably don't even have one yet.  I'm sure it'll be up on her site in the future.

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2007, 05:10:20 pm »
The pics are back, YAY!

DeSha did an awesome job on the pictures. I love the pic with V and Skye playing.
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

ste_uel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2007, 05:20:27 pm »
the pictures are  8O  8O  8O

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2007, 06:58:53 pm »
Quote from: "ste_uel"
lol!  agreed!
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2007, 07:02:09 pm »
Quote from: "kaysha"
Quote from: "ste_uel"
lol!  agreed!

thirded. *makes sure he used quote this time, lol*
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...