Author Topic: The Mist  (Read 2048 times)

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
The Mist
« on: November 27, 2007, 11:06:06 am »
I hope I'm saving some lives here when I say NEVER SEE THIS MOVIE!
it's just sooo bad.

I'm sorry, this is one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
I almost left in the middle of it several times.

it's just terrible in every way possible.

the acting was terrible, the monsters were dumb, the story was ridiculous and not believable at all, the ending was just the worst thing that could've possibly happened. made the movie even more depressing than it already was by being so bad.
most of the movie took place in a grocery store, and i wanted to personally kill all of the characters :lol:
I'm sorry...
just, please don't see this movie.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
The Mist
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 12:23:09 pm »
I actually really enjoyed this movie because it's not a traditional horror movie by any means. And the acting wasn't as bad as you're making it out to be, it had it's moments though I admit, but it wasn't terrible. I mean, since when are horror movies known for excellent acting anyway? lol People don't go to horror movies to see Oscar winning performances.

The thing about this movie is that the focus isn't on the monsters and monsters attacking/eating people, the focus of the movie is on the characters themselves. It's very much a psychological study of what humans do and how they react in life threatening situations when the rule of law no longer applies.

The dynamics that erupted in the grocery store between the characters was pretty interesting. They did an extremely great job of making everyone in the store wary of the jesus freak at first in the begining of the film, but as more people died, and the more scared people became, the more people turned to the jesus freak for answers and comfort, and they eventually became a scared, angry, murderous mob.

And eventually it was your fellow man that you had to watch out for and be afraid of, and not the monsters anymore. By the end of the movie taking your chances out in the Mist with the unknown was better than staying with the angry murderous mob.

It's really great. I definately recommend it. But this is the type of movie you'll either really enjoy, or really dislike. So you have to make up your own mind really. lol
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
The Mist
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 01:35:14 pm »
yeah, I understood the point and what they were trying to do...

I just really couldn't appreciate it.
 :?
ah well.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
The Mist
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 02:13:55 pm »
lol

Well, I agree the ending was really morbid, but I thought it was fitting and realistic. It was just really ironic and bitter, that's all.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.