Author Topic: hi  (Read 2606 times)

Aboshan

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
hi
« on: November 30, 2007, 09:58:03 am »
Hi, I'm from Germany and have always been a big fan of Vanessa's ever since I heard ATM for the very first time on MTV. Needless to say, I own her every album.

It was by pure coincidence that I noticed she had released another album in October 2007. On some German board, someone started a sort of poll, asking which album you would think appropriate to be called "album of the year".  You can hardly imagine how astonished I was, reading "Vanessa Carlton - Heroes & Thieves" posted by some guy in that very thread. Without hesitating any further, I ordered the album - without ever having heard a single song of it before. Well, it just makes the surprise bigger, doesn't it? :lol:

Though, I naturally couldn't wait for the CD to finally be in my hands. I had to listen to at least one song. That one song was Nolita Fairytale, which I immediately loved. My plan of listening to just one song had to be slightly modified, given that there were samples of 4 of the album's songs to be listened to on Vanessa's official homepage. Still, my anticipation rather increased than dropped.

When I finally got the CD, I listened to it all day. And it's just great! I loved BNB, didn't equally love Harmonium (but still liked it, of course) and H&T is - to me - the best album she released so far.

As I have already pointed out in the general discussion thread, I consider "More Than This" to be her best song so far, but basically every single track on the album does her talents justice, except "The One" and "This Time", both of which have not yet started to grow on me.

Last but certainly not least, I would like to point out that there are quite a lot of fans in Europe, just in case you didn't know. It's not like Vanessa is very well-known here, but still, you know what I mean.
Besides, our local radio station plays "A Thousand Miles" at least once or twice a year :lol:

I tried not to produce any mistakes as far as my English is concerned ... I hope that worked out.   :razz:

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
hi
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 03:21:18 pm »
heeeyyyy welcome to the boards :)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
hi
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 04:06:28 pm »
WELCOME to nessaholics! have fun!!!