Author Topic: My College Auditon Piece  (Read 2501 times)

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
My College Auditon Piece
« on: December 18, 2007, 06:38:33 pm »
Hey I'm going to be auditioning for colleges next year and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on some pieces that would be good to play.  I just finished learning the Beethoven Sonata Pathetique but I don't want to do that song for my audition.  So if anyone can help me out that would be great!

Thanks!

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
My College Auditon Piece
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 07:28:05 pm »
Do a V song!

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
My College Auditon Piece
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 02:27:43 am »
yesss do i V song!!!!!
if u are a pro at piano i suggest Annie...it sounds sooo beautiful but I hear its hard to play...
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
My College Auditon Piece
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 09:39:52 am »
You don't audition to enter a college's music department with a Vanessa Carlton song. You won't be taken seriously. And you don't need to be a pro at the piano to play Annie, it's a really simple song. Guys, Vanessa doesn't write complicated impressive music, it's pop music. lol

I'd recommend playing Chopin's Nocturne in F Minor, Op.55, No.1. If you can handle the Sonata Pathetique you should be able to play this. It's a bit more challenging, but with practice it's doable. :) Always aim to challenge yourself, never take the easy route.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nC6VNmQor3o

The uploader of the youtube file mislabeled the song, it's Op.55, No.1, not No.15 as they labeled it.

Chopin's my favorite composer. So I'm a little bit biased towards him. lol
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

pswik91

• View Profile
haha
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 06:40:32 pm »
Yeah I don't think the colleges I"m going to audition for accept Vanessa Carlton songs, as much as i'd love to do that i couldn't haha
but thanks for the chopin link and i'll get the music for it and see how it turns out. :D

pswik91

• View Profile
song?
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 06:51:10 pm »
http://www.notebynotethemovie.com/
go to this site and click on the "pounding room" clip and listen the song that the girl in the gray sweater.  Can somebody tell me what it is?  I like it but I have no idea what song that is....  It may be one of my potential college pieces!  Please help me!

Thanks! :D