Author Topic: Censoring of White Houses  (Read 5454 times)

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Censoring of White Houses
« on: December 20, 2007, 09:14:25 am »
I am doing my philosophy project on the censoring of White Houses.

Do anyone have any articles that specifically address this censoring?

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 08:55:23 pm »
Censoring on television in general may prove to be a better decision. There's not much about it other than stuff that Vanessa herself has personally said about it. And that's not source material for a paper.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 09:19:00 pm »
I dont really think it is censored, its still
my first time
hard to explain
rush of blood
o and a little bit of pain
on a cloudy day
its more common than you think
hes my first mistake

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 10:45:00 pm »
I have the first premiere on MTV (downloaded on to my PC) and they bleep out "blood"
for younger viewers or very conservative viewers i think it's okay...
but i mean...it's as if we don't know what she says...you can still see her mouth moving and if you're old enough to understand what she's talking about then you should figure out that the word is 'blood'  :lol:  :lol:
and yeah...i guess everyone knows the song...and they don't bleep it out on her CD   :wink:  :)  :wink:

btw guys....did Vanessa confirm that its' about 'doing it' for the first time??  :lol:
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 10:56:49 pm »
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"

btw guys....did Vanessa confirm that its' about 'doing it' for the first time??  :lol:

She doesn't have to... the lyrics just spell it out.
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

Moogs21

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 11:18:36 pm »
http://www.pmmediareview.com/archives/2005/03/vanessa_carlton.aspx
That article talks about it briefly.

I think it's insane. I remember watching the premier and saying "WHAT?" Especially compared to all the booty shaking, smacking bitches music that there is out there.
I understand censorship. However, I think it actually brings more problems to the table. Because it was censored and made to be a big deal, people actually found out what it means and such... thus bringing more attention.  Most people wouldn't have thought twice about it. But whatever, it was good publicity for V.

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 11:28:08 pm »
Quote from: "PutYourHandsOnMe101"
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"

She doesn't have to... the lyrics just spell it out.

LOL yeah i know it's obvious....but like did she intend it to have this much impact on the censoring issue...? :P
guess not...
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

charmedguy18

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2007, 06:10:00 pm »
Yeah, and the rush of blood aspect doesn't necessarily have to have to do with 'cherry popping.' I mean, people feel rushes of blood at any new, exciting, suprising, shocking, invigorating experiences. Who's the say she meant the blood (sorry for the harsh reference) rushing in her vagina. Haha I mean really. It's so stupid.

Quote from: "Moogs21"
http://www.pmmediareview.com/archives/2005/03/vanessa_carlton.aspx
That article talks about it briefly.

I think it's insane. I remember watching the premier and saying "WHAT?" Especially compared to all the booty shaking, smacking bitches music that there is out there.
I understand censorship. However, I think it actually brings more problems to the table. Because it was censored and made to be a big deal, people actually found out what it means and such... thus bringing more attention.  Most people wouldn't have thought twice about it. But whatever, it was good publicity for V.

Yeah, I remember my friend always saying "you know what White Houses is really about right?" and I always was like "It's NOT just about losing virginity! Jeeesus!"

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 03:59:52 pm »
the project is not just on the censoring of white houses, that's just the main example

it's about the censoring of songs in the media
thanks guys for helping me out

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 12:17:05 am »
Quote from: "charmedguy18"
Yeah, and the rush of blood aspect doesn't necessarily have to have to do with 'cherry popping.' I mean, people feel rushes of blood at any new, exciting, suprising, shocking, invigorating experiences. Who's the say she meant the blood (sorry for the harsh reference) rushing in her vagina. Haha I mean really. It's so stupid.

Yeah, I remember my friend always saying "you know what White Houses is really about right?" and I always was like "It's NOT just about losing virginity! Jeeesus!"

I AGREE 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The first time i heard it, I thought about how when u get excited or nervous or embarrassed or whatever, your blood rushes through your veins and your face gets flushed and stuff....
And a little bit of pain can mean anything...pain of the heart...
for instance...when i had my first kiss...i didn't want to kiss the guy cause i knew it was wrong...so my heart felt 'pain'...thats how i saw it...
but she most probably meant losing her virginity :P LOL

And the whole song is not all about that....it's about having the best summer of her life with those friends and that guy and she's just telling the story...

:D  :lol:  :lol:  :D

Kate

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 09:23:35 am »
I absolutely agree! I think people who see all that stuff there are a bit centred about that themselves! She just wanted to write a song with emotion that we can all feel in our life!
"This night under stars, well, I call it peace"
"I walk the street with a song in my head"

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 12:12:46 pm »
It realy is stupid to censore with houses when there are MUCH worse song not being censored at all. I do understand why things are censored but i think they shouldnt worry about something as small as that when there is so much more to censore with other artists.

raacheeel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/raacheeel
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 03:44:15 pm »
when i heard it on the radio
they skipped blood D:

lmao side note:
post 69!

how ironic.

whitehouses81680

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 08:14:17 am »
thanks forall of your opinions. I love reading them and will be considering them in my presentation.

does anybody know where I can find the video/audio of the censored song?

and does anyone happen to know a link to where vanessa talks about what the song means?

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 09:42:15 pm »
Quote from: "whitehouses81680"
thanks forall of your opinions. I love reading them and will be considering them in my presentation.

does anybody know where I can find the video/audio of the censored song?

and does anyone happen to know a link to where vanessa talks about what the song means?

I have the censored video on my PC, I just don't know how to upload it to post a link....
If you wanna download it try going to www.limewire.com and then downloading that, then search it in the videos....that's how I got it :D

p.s: I'm pretty sure it's free.....