Author Topic: V's going to india!!!  (Read 4538 times)

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
V's going to india!!!
« on: December 21, 2007, 07:30:51 am »
In January Vanessa will be leaving for india! isnt that exciting, i mean its such a different place for a singer to go. i've heard of them going to europe, canada, china, but never india. shes due back in late January and i read that HOM might be released in late January =, i hope its Jan. 29th, thats my birthday.

charmed23

• Make me high on lullabies
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ordinary_charm
    • View Profile
    • Email
V's going to india!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 07:44:03 am »
what for?

KULPDOGG

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
    • http://kulpdogg.googlepages.com
    • Email
V's going to india!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 08:04:02 am »
for the making of the video?

do you have a link to where you got your information?

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
V's going to india!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 08:32:02 am »
i remember reading an article where it briefly mentioned V taking a trip to india. i don't think she's going there to shoot the video though, because it was mentioned in another article that she'd be shooting it this month?

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
V's going to india!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 01:26:02 pm »
link?  8O

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
V's going to india!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 02:55:17 pm »
I dont have the link...ill try to find it

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
V's going to india!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 03:39:48 pm »
Not too many artists are instantly recognizable by a few simple notes.

But for 27-year-old singer/songwriter Vanessa Carlton, the undeniably catchy first refrain of her smash 2002 hit, "A Thousand Miles," has become more than just her signature. The piano ballad hit No. 1 on the Billboard Top 40 and No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts and catapulted the then-22-year-old Pennsylvania native into the national spotlight. Today, those first few chords still can be heard everywhere as part of the Zales jewelry store holiday ads.

Carlton said having her song become a ubiquitous part of the pop-culture tapestry is an honor.

"I am so proud of it," she said in a phone interview from San Francisco. "I mean, I can't believe it has the life that it has. It's kind of ridiculous, but in a good way. It's this quasi-classic hook. Everyone knows it; they know that before they know my name or me. But that's the point of music. I am forever proud of that combination of notes."

But Carlton also wants people to know she isn't the same sensitive youngster they met on her debut album, "Be Not Nobody." She began writing some of those songs as a teenager. Now, more than a decade later, the Carlton we hear is ready to reintroduce herself to the world.

She headlines the sold-out B93.1 FM Acoustic Christmas show tonight.

Her third album, "Heroes & Thieves," is both more mature and personal. In the three years since her sophomore release, "Harmonium," Carlton had two big breakups in her life. First with her record label Interscope and then with her longtime boyfriend, Third Eye Blind frontman Stephan Jenkins. Both those events made it onto her album lyrically.

"I guess pretty massive or fundamental changes are always going to make their way into your art, you know," she said. "I don't think there is any way around that. You reflect on the journey through the music."

But Carlton has bounced back nicely. She and Jenkins remain friends and he co-produced her new release. And she has a new label, The Inc. Records (formerly Murder Inc.).

At first glance, you might think a piano balladeer would be out of place among hip-hop heavyweights like Ja Rule, Ashanti and Lloyd. But she said she fits right in at her new home thanks to label head Irv "Gotti" Lorenzo.

"I knew actually pretty early on (it would work)," she said. "He is such a nonfiltered, passionate A&R (artist and repertoire) guy. He is really musical. When something hits him, it is so pure, and when it doesn't, he is not faking it. That is the kind of role you need someone to play when you are making a body of work. We just connected, musically. We really appreciated each other for who we are and push each other to be better."

The album's first single, "Nolita Fairytale" (named after her neighborhood in New York City), is emblematic of Carlton's lyrical evolution.

"Lyrically, it's far better written. I think with more experience comes a more interesting perspective through song," she said. "More adults can listen to the lyrics now than maybe before. Before, I was writing from the point of view of a 17-year-old girl. I feel like I am more of a fully formed person. Musically and melodically, I have a distinct aesthetic. I am trying to hone and refine that seed and sound."

The video for "Nolita Fairytale" in particular is a symbolic sign that Carlton has moved on.

The video, which was helmed by her "A Thousand Miles" director, Marc Klasfeld, begins identically to her breakout single. The singer walks into a garage and sits down at a piano. In the original video, she plays the piano as it floats through a variety of locales. In the new video, she begins to play, then quickly steps aside as a yellow cab barrels into the picture and smashes the piano to smithereens.

"It was kind of a humorous way to move into the next chapter," she said. "It was lovingly run over."

But don't worry, "A Thousand Miles" fans, the piano was a replica of the original.

Carlton said having such success at a young age with her first album has made it difficult for her to mature in the public's eye.

"When one impression is burnt so deeply in people's minds, it's hard for people to easily see a change or receive a new impression," she said. "I think this album is in a way a reintroduction. And I am so happy that this is considered the reintroduction. It's a more mature effort and I am so proud of all the layers. I definitely think it's my best album so far."

Up next for Carlton is a January trip to India. She plans to tour behind "Heroes & Thieves" through 2008, and fans can expect her next single, "Hands On Me," at the end of January.

"I am very proud because the shows I've been doing have been so energized; everything feels fresh," she said. "I am living this album, this has not happened to me in past tense. I am experiencing 'Heroes & Thieves' now."

SOURCE: http://www.modbee.com/scene/v-print/story/151887.html

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
V's going to india!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 03:45:53 pm »
Quote from: "Hazy Eyes"
i remember reading an article where it briefly mentioned V taking a trip to india. i don't think she's going there to shoot the video though, because it was mentioned in another article that she'd be shooting it this month?

Maybe they pushed it back? We haven't had any info since then.

If they shoot the video there I will be so excited. It's not Tibet but hey! I ain't complainin'. lol

If it is or isn't because of the music video, well, she's been traveling a lot lately. She went to Egypt this year. lol I want to go to Egypt. My mom went to India for 4 weeks 2 years ago, and she rode on top of Elephants and all this other crazy stufff, India's cool.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

Bar

• View Profile
V's going to india!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 03:42:23 am »
Yeah that would be so great if they'll shoot the video there.
anyways India sounds like a very nice county for a trip :].

why isn't she coming to Europe or Asia? :(
fools never ask,afraid what lurks in your mind

nessaRox

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - rajiv2612@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - rajiv_united
    • View Profile
    • Email
V's going to india!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 01:46:13 am »
India s an amazing place!!!!! WowW!!! it's amazing she s comin here!!!

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
V's going to india!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 10:56:21 pm »
i wanna go and see her in india, i've never been out of the us.....then again im only 14 going on 15 so i have time to see the world!!!

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
V's going to india!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2007, 06:43:51 am »
Quote from: "Hazy Eyes"
Up next for Carlton is a January trip to India. She plans to tour behind "Heroes & Thieves" through 2008, and fans can expect her next single, "Hands On Me," at the end of January.
Hopefully this means V is finally going to get herself down under in 2008 ;-)

Peace

Aaron

nat

• MSN Messenger - nasty_candido@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/natalinha
V's going to india!!!
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 03:26:49 pm »
india is amazing...one day i will visit there. i hope vanessa´s trip will be awesome.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
V's going to india!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 07:01:54 am »
w00t! This post made my day! Now if I could only bump into her...

But that depends which of the 29 states shes gonna be in...

I wonder if shes performin somewhere...or is she here for the HOM vid? or maybe shes just "visitin"...I hope she manages to fit in some concerts for the year ahead over here...
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
V's going to india!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 07:06:00 am »
Wel IF she is shooting a video what song do you think it would be for?  Hands on me mabey?