Author Topic: This year Grammy Awards Nominations  (Read 2190 times)

musician

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
This year Grammy Awards Nominations
« on: January 25, 2008, 12:12:35 am »
I just looked up the nominations lists with a sad feeling, coz Vanessa isn't included.  :cry:
I remember 5 years ago when she was nominated for three categories, i.e., record of the year, song of the year, and best instrumental arrangement accompanying vocalist. Eventho she didn't win any of those categories, but at least ppl recognized her pretty well and appreciated her works.
The dreamers got punished most by truth

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 12:28:07 am »
Even if her album went to #1, she still wouldn't get nominated. She isn't eligible this year.

musician

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 12:41:16 am »
If only I were the judge, I would definitely submit her into the nominations. I believe she would have been if Nolita Fairytale hadn't been the first single, but More Than This, at least for the best record or best song...

But then again, it's the eligibilty year (October 1, 2006 - September 30, 2007) that counts any released records for the nominations, since H&T was released on October 2007...

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 05:25:35 am »
Quote from: "musician"
If only I were the judge, I would definitely submit her into the nominations. I believe she would have been if Nolita Fairytale hadn't been the first single, but More Than This, at least for the best record or best song...

But then again, it's the eligibilty year (October 1, 2006 - September 30, 2007) that counts any released records for the nominations, since H&T was released on October 2007...

I was wondering what the eligibility rules were. Cuz I saw Beyonce's "Irreplaceable" got nominated! I was like, whoa, where'd that come from!  But I'm really excited about it, actually.

musician

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 10:13:50 am »
It's the year in which music records are released and valued by the grammy awards judges, so any records that are released before or after it, automatically not eligible..