Author Topic: Hands On Me Video (discussion)  (Read 52122 times)

ste_uel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Hands On Me Video (discussion)
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2008, 01:45:51 pm »
Quote from: "whitehouses81680"
I noticed how some of the lyrics don't correspond with her mouth movements and the piano didn't correspond to the track! It was poorly made. It filmed her sitting on a bed with a garter on.

I am pretty sure it's the quality of the recording.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2008, 01:56:10 pm »
i think the video was done very tastfully....sexy and spiritual.....lots of taste...and i'm glad they hit the gay/lesbian agenda once again....its a video full of love
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Suicidalboobs

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2008, 02:05:51 pm »
I was just a bit disappointed. There wasn't much to it... I pictured this video so epic, then i saw it, and that vision shattered. It was alright but, nothing spectacular. I thought they'd play a little more of the grass and forest scene. I don't know, it just didn't grasp me in that "nessa" way/

5/10

PianoPlayer12

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - anthony_the_great_g6@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mattia1045
    • View Profile
    • Nessfan12
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2008, 02:27:44 pm »
i expected somethingcompletely diferent...but i still REALLY liked it. :)

Lets Make This Our Story. Lets Live In The Glory. Time It Fades Away Precious As A Song. Cause Someday We'll Be Gone
www.freewebs.com/nessfan12<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

chrisb

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smartdudeforlife
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2008, 02:34:04 pm »
Woah wait what? The parts where she was moving her lips out of sync wasn't just my computer lagging? Was it supposed to give a dreamlike effect because now that I see it that way, it seems to give the video a cheap editing feel. I thought it may have just been the youtube vids but both I saw had the same effect.

Still a nice video all in all, too bad it doesn't seem to be being recieved well  :(

ordinaryday6

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ordinaryday6
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2008, 02:38:54 pm »
it was just your computer.

i think this is a better link.. it's to the yahoo vid, but through another site: http://www.dailymotion.com/country:us/video/x4dqyr_vanessa-carlton-hands-on-me_music

i like it.. it's cute. and she's really damn hot.

the song's so damn short though. but so's the album. at least, it feels really short.
Samuel
(he/him)

mikepepsi

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2008, 02:41:06 pm »
I love the song, but the video is only okay.
Nothing special. Better than the Nolita Fairytale video in some respects.

I honestly think the ONLY good Vanessa Carlon music vid has been A Thousand Miles. She seems so reluctant to tell stories with her videos even though the songs are such narrative affairs.

Zloska_of_yy

• MSN Messenger - ernstkuiper@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - yesteryearzloska
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2008, 02:57:56 pm »
Hmmm not that bad. I like the atmosphere of the video for the most part and the way it was shot. It almost has a sort of vintage feel which I really like. Also, I think Vanessa showcased how you can be sexy and classy at the same time.
However, there are some things that really bother me. It is slightly boring, I mean hardly anything happens. Also, when Vanessa is on the bed it either focusses on her upper body or her lower body (read: skirt and garter belts) which seems to me a very cheap way to convey "sexy".
Also the "homevideo" bit at the end felt incredibly pointless and out of place with respect to the rest of the video. That's my major gripe really.
Small things that bugged me: Vanessa has no neck, because of her hair when the touching begins and I don't like the guy's hands, but that's just me.

Oh and big yay for the lesbian and gay couples!
"If it all went away, nothing left to say, oh would you fight it or would you lay down."

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2008, 03:05:20 pm »
Quote from: "Zloska_of_yy"

Oh and big yay for the lesbian and gay couples!

agree!!!!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2008, 03:11:48 pm »
i have always thought this and this video really proves it, vanessa is very victorian, the clothes she wears, and just the way she looks, i love the victorian era, and the lace blouse, and "underwear" [they werent really underwear in my opinion, more like a really short pair of pants or skirt] were both the victorian style, as well as the piano and room she was filmed in.

and unlike others, i really like the calmness, and focus on vanessa Carlton, i mean it is Hands On Me by Vanessa Carlton, it should be about her. again another vanessa original that i love! yay! it is beautiful, i could watch it over and over again and fall in love with it even more each time!

CAN YOU SAY FUTURE #1 ON VH1 TOP 20?? I CAN!!!!

IfICouldFall

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2008, 03:16:33 pm »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"

CAN YOU SAY FUTURE #1 ON VH1 TOP 20?? I CAN!!!!

well, i'm not really sure that'll happen. maybe it will though, but just a chance. there is obvious sexuality here but not in the way that most "popular" videos are done nowadays... which is a shame really because this more mature and romantic. Maybe a lot of people will really fall in love with it... it's just an iffy video in terms of popularity.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2008, 03:21:03 pm »
i thought of that too, reminds me of the ban of white houses on mtv.......sad sad sad, but hopefully it wont turn out to that because this is a great song and once people hear it, im sure they'll love it!

Bigtuna

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2008, 03:41:38 pm »
To me, watching it a 3rd time, I think the big kicker is that the tempo of the video really kills the building nature and fast tempo of the song. When the chorus first comes in, the video is still going with slow shots of her grabbing grass and reaching from the bed. The lyrics are so imaginative and yet you get pictures of her laying in a bed and reaching out with shots of grass...

Everything in the video moves so slow even when the song moves so fast.

I still think it could have been done so much better...even if they "dumbed" down the content...

Simply Ordinary

• MSN Messenger - worldonastring.andy@gmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tyrantitar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2008, 03:54:37 pm »
I think this video could've been her walking around a video exchange and climbing Tibetan mountains and cargoing across the sea, intercut with the piano and her lying on the bed. The couples thing was pretty cool though, but the skirt thing and the shots of her running around with the camera at the end during the CLIMAX of the song... I mean, come on.
And needless to say you're the one that I need the most...
www.xanga.com/cerebrate4all

clamicas

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - claricecassou@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2008, 04:35:08 pm »
I think Vanessa needed to be a lot more passionate with the guy, same thing with the other couples,they should have matched the intensity of the music, the choreographed touching takes away the emotions of the song. There are too many scenes of her almost still in bed or over the piano. Even with a low budget I definitely expected more from the video. And the whole "guy in imagination comes and goes away" was already done in Ordinary Day, I would love to see the video doing well on tv, but I doubt it will =(