Author Topic: Vanessa's third video music?  (Read 5143 times)

ewiermann

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • "Waste away the days..."
    • MSN Messenger - ewiermann@outlook.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Vanessa's third video music?
« on: April 24, 2008, 04:59:56 pm »
I hope that she records a new video music, but I guess that HOM was the final video of this cd...Well, say what music you want for the next single!

I want "This Time" or "More Than This"   :lol:

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 06:40:22 pm »
Gve her some time, she might do one. NF was released in july and HOM was in feb so I'm thinking well hear about a new single in a month or 2.

PutYourHandsOnMe101

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 08:06:01 pm »
Right now I think releasing a third single is really pending on the success of HOM which hasn't taken off quite yet. The song has NO plays on Mainstream Top40 stations and that is the most important format for musicians who want widespread success in today's industry.
I think I'm going to start hounding Z100, biggest radio station in US, to play the song. They were the station that first played that Miley Cyrus- See You Again song and the other stations followed their example. HOM really needs to get on Top40 radio for the song and album to have any sort of commercial success.

This Time might make a good single because it is broad in it's lyrics and has a mainstream sort of promotion but I don't think More Than This would do anything commercially at this point. Linda Perry song's like The One, Spring Street, and This Time have a very general and broad appeal, and I thought Hands On Me did too which is why I'm frustrated it's getting no promotion or mainstream radio play. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :?
and if you don't believe me... just Put Your Hands On Me

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 06:42:14 am »
good point. i have been emailing the radio stations in my area like EVERY day, i call in, they sometimes pout me on air, and dont take my suggestion, wer should send them a link to hear the song though. sometimes they dont have the tapes other wise they would take your suggestion and play it. why would they play miley cirus instead of vanessa

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 06:49:23 am »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"

hahaha
u have a point
But if i DIDNT like V (God forbid! :lol:) i would not enjoy her music on the radio..same as i change the radio when some unknown singer (to me) or a song i don't know comes on the radio...i change the radio station (or pop in V's CD :D :razz:)
So the radio stations have a reputation to keep as well... :)

But I agree with u that we should wait a few more months to see what she's got up her sleeve....

BTW has anyone heard anything more about the new projects she was planning?
Stationery or something of that sort??
I'M EXCITED AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HER PLANS ARE EXACTLY ! :D :lol: :lol:
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 12:14:26 pm »
i doubt "hands on me" will take off now. she needs support & promotion, which she CLEARLY isn't getting from The Inc.

portions.for.foxes

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Mika+Iwakura1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 01:55:35 pm »
Yeah, there's a slim chance of seeing a third single at this point.

The next thing we'll be seeing from Vanessa is a stationary line.

Yay.
And it's bad news, baby it's bad news
It's just bad news, bad news, bad news
'Cause you're just damage control
For a walking corpse like me - like you,
'Cause we'll all be portions for foxes
Yeah, we'll all be portions for foxes.

TRINIST

• Your true colors shown
  • Perfect hair, perfect heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 04:35:18 pm »
:(

feishien

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2008, 05:11:22 am »
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"

Yay.

orly? Did I miss something?
(am excited nonetheless...I like stationery)

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 05:21:23 am »
Quote from: "feishien"
Quote from: "portions.for.foxes"

Yay.

orly? Did I miss something?
(am excited nonetheless...I like stationery)

She said something about that in one of her interviews...the one where everyone thought she was high and acting weird (forgot the name of the interview....darrnnnn!)
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2008, 11:42:28 am »
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"

hahaha
u have a point
But if i DIDNT like V (God forbid! :lol:) i would not enjoy her music on the radio..same as i change the radio when some unknown singer (to me) or a song i don't know comes on the radio...i change the radio station (or pop in V's CD :D :razz:)

But I agree with u that we should wait a few more months to see what she's got up her sleeve....

stationary and jewelry at kohls. I am so buying her stationary...i cant do the jewelry cause i am a guy, but i will buy it for friends on their b-day.

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2008, 11:51:14 am »
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"

hahaha
u have a point

stationary and jewelry at kohls. I am so buying her stationary...i cant do the jewelry cause i am a guy, but i will buy it for friends on their b-day.

I'm a girl!!!! I LOVE jewelry!!! WOOOHOOOO!!! :D LOL

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 11:38:57 pm »
The only thing that we can rely on is the TV special with Stevie...hopefully that'll be done and aired soon...but I have a feeling it's going to compliment Stevies album release date....and not do much for Vanessa. :(.

But it's funny I love how Vanessa talks about her music and the way she "looks" at her music and how she wants her fans to be able to get ahold of it in a very 'indie' way...but when your an indie artist you have to WORK FOR YOURSELF, it takes a lot of hard work...and I have not seen Vanessa do anything herself to support this album....any differently than Harmonium.  A simple Myspace blog or a weekly/monthly update could do wonders....They have all the right weapons of promotion but her or her label/team are not using them.....
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2008, 11:49:50 pm »
ps: sorry im going to try and be a good boy now!  i just can't stand to see such a talented artist drowned and let it happen!  it just seems as thought she really doesn't care anymore....album sales and media coverage isn't important too me as long as i keep getting new music...but with all these other projects and not touring and lack of interest it seems like she has it just scares me that she will go to solely scoring films and writing songs for other artits...thats a great thing but vanessa is sooooo talented and i'd hate to see her leave it behind.

but yes.  i love the music and i am going to try and be more positive now..i promise...cause i know how negative my posts can be. :)

xox
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2008, 11:55:20 pm »
Quote from: "nutnlp"
ps: sorry im going to try and be a good boy now!  i just can't stand to see such a talented artist drowned and let it happen!  it just seems as thought she really doesn't care anymore....album sales and media coverage isn't important too me as long as i keep getting new music...but with all these other projects and not touring and lack of interest it seems like she has it just scares me that she will go to solely scoring films and writing songs for other artits...thats a great thing but vanessa is sooooo talented and i'd hate to see her leave it behind.

but yes.  i love the music and i am going to try and be more positive now..i promise...cause i know how negative my posts can be. :)

xox

LOL
but u do have a point...she needs to work REALLYY heard if she wants to keep her music out there....