Author Topic: 5/24/08: Rockville Town Center  (Read 3975 times)

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
5/24/08: Rockville Town Center
« on: May 02, 2008, 08:40:16 pm »
just found another one.

http://www.dclocalmusic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38658

Rockville Hometown Holidays! May 24th and 25th at Rockville Town Center. 1:00 to 10:00PM both days. Vanessa Carlton will perform at 8:30PM on Saturday, May 24th. Rick Springfield performs at 8:30PM on Sunday, May 25th. The event is Free.

i'm glad she's showing up, but where are these dates on her site though?!

info, anybody?
formerly fish_for__stars.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 07:18:19 am »
I wonder if this is another one of those outdoor festival type shows. I'll see if I can find out anymore info.

Edit: This doesn't really give anymore info but it looks like another radio station sponsored free show at an outdoor festival:
http://www.mix1073fm.com/ConcertCalendar.asp?artistid=12516

http://www.rockvillemd.gov/events?DISPLAYMODE=DisplayEvent&DETAILEVENT=379658

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 02:02:53 pm »
awesome! i'm going to try and go to this. hopefully i can get the night off work. it's only 2 1/2 hours away.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

Pyro

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dead+am+pyro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 02:17:20 pm »
OMGOMGOMG! I didn't know about this until like an hour ago! I am so going to be there!!! This is so exciting!

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 07:27:15 pm »
i'm going too!
*Nicole*

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 10:07:05 pm »
ok. seriously. this was the most annoying crowd i have ever seen at a vanessa show. i guess this is the prime reason why i generally don't like festivals, especially free ones.  it was an outdoor free show and she played for a HUGE crowd. people were talking the entire time, not listening to her, and when they weren't talking, they were screaming for a thousand miles, over and over again, at the top of their lungs. so annoying. at least the people around me. i was front row center along with 2 other fans... no one else around us knew any songs except the singles. and after she was done atm, half the crowd left and nobody cheered for an encore. it was like dead quiet. then we started cheering and other people slowly started to, but really, it was so sad. she even commented when she came back out and said she was doing an encore whether we wanted one or not.

but ANYWAY, i had a great time regardless. she touches my soul, ya know, so i just tried to block all of that out and focus on her amazingness. she succeeded at making me cry, quite a few times, like always, so she did her job. it was almost a 3 hour drive for me. so worth it! i really just wanted to hear pretty baby since she's started playing it again, and she did play it! woohoo!

nolita fairytale
hands on me
ordinary day
white houses
who's to say (she said this is one of the only songs she completely feels every single time she plays it.)
heroes & thieves
my best
the one
c'est la vie
pretty baby (she said the reason she didn't like playing it was because she didn't like the arrangement, but they worked out one that she likes.)
half a week before the winter
a thousand miles

home
more than this

i think i remembered them all. she had her guitarist, mark, with her. and the other mark was not there! she had a different guy tuning the piano. how sad. ok, bedtime.
*Nicole*

Pyro

• Make me high on lullabies
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dead+am+pyro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 05:57:19 pm »
Quote from: "ILoveHanson"
i was front row center along with 2 other fans...
LOL! Was that me and my best friend? We were the ones with the poster. I was so conflicted about my poster! I wanted to show my love for V, but I also felt bad about blocking people's view, but then I thought well, it's not like anyone is paying to see her. So we just put it up intermittently, mostly after songs.

I agree that the audience was annoying. This kid next to me didn't know anything about V, but he tried sharing in our poster and stuff, I guess because he thought she was pretty. And I swear, I like "A Thousand Miles" but I almost hate the song because of it's popularity. It just kind of annoys me the way people react to it. I really hope some of her other songs reached the audience.

V looked lovely and came out and started playing Nolita Fairytale. I loved her arrangement of Pretty Baby (I never knew she hated the arrangement on the cd) and was ecstatic that she played Half a Week Before the Winter. I love More Than This and thought it was a beautiful song to end with.

Too bad we didn't get to meet, ILoveHanson. Maybe we can meet up next time she's in the area and at a real concert!

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 03:38:03 pm »
Aww, Who's To Say seems to be one of her favorite songs too. I agree, I get really into it whenever I play that song too. It's a great song, I wish she'd released it :)