Author Topic: Diet help???  (Read 19409 times)

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 06:56:38 am »
Quote from: "davidjp"
Being healthy is the most important thing. Don't skip meals and starve yourself. If the gym is too expensive, running is the best way to stay in shape, you burn a lot of calories and gain leg muscles. Eat foods that are low GI like whole-meal bread, pasta, oats and fruit so you feel fully for longer, thus reducing the amount of calories you're in-taking. Eating those foods will also result in increased energy levels, making exercise easier.

If I didnt run i'd be so fat.

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
Diet help???
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 07:21:38 am »
Quote from: "Manda"
I want to buy some healthy snacks and prepare healthy meals for myself.

Excellent point there Manda... time preparing your own food is a good way
of improving the nutritional value of your diet and getting out of the habbit
of more convenient junk food. I've made a conscious effort myself to keep
more whole foods in my kitchen, and as a result my health has maintained
a nice equilibrium, even though my food budget has suffered cut-backs 8)

Peace

Aaron

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Re: Diet help???
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 12:17:45 pm »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
Ok so i am on a diet, and i have been quite successful with it, i have lost about 50 pounds since january. Now I am just really annoyed at how i have barely lost anyting for a week or two. I really want to be able to weigh about 135 pounds, i am currently 150, anyone got any ideas to lose this weight off in about a week?

If you lost 50 pounds in <6 months then you're dead.  Enjoy your funeral!  Losing more than 2-3 pounds per month is unhealthy.  Losing 8-9 pounds per month is suicidal.  For example, if you cut your calories by 100 per day, you will lose about 10 pounds in a year.  To lose 50 pounds in 6 months you would need to reduce your caloric intake by 1000 calories per day AND you would need for your body to not go into starvation mode.  To burn 1000 calories you would need to run 10 miles per day, so I think it's safe to assume you didn't go from "200 pounds of fat" to "running 10 miles per day" in 6 months.  Which leaves us with cutting out calories.... 1,000 calories is an oversized meal.  Like, a restaurant portioned meal.  But, we all know, cutting out an entire meal puts you in starvation mode... which means you'd have to compensate by removing about 325 calories from each meal.  Everyday.  Which means if you were drinking a half-liter of mountain dew with each meal, you could stop that.  Or you could cut the size of your meals in half at every meal.  Meanwhile, you're praying that your body doesn't go into starvation mode, which generally happens if you reduce your caloric intake by more than 10-20%.

I guess what I am saying here is that you're most likely lying.  You shouldn't ask for help starting from a lie. The help you get back won't do you any good.

Now, continuing on, If you stalled out on losing weight it's because you need to reduce your caloric intake more or exercise more.  Losing weight is not rocket science.

Ignore all of the fat stuff.  Fat is irrelevant.  Look at calorie content.  To weight 135 pounds you're looking at <2K calories per day.  Frontload where possible... so try and get 700-800 calories in the morning.  600ish for lunch.  A 100-200 calorie snack at midafternoon.  And then the smallest dinner you can eat without going to bed hungry.

Meanwhile, avoid processed wheat, white sugar and anything liquid with sugar in it.  In fact, the less processing the better.  Lots of raw things.  Lots of fresh things.  If it comes in a bag or box, avoid it.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 12:20:52 pm »
I ate barely anything all the time, i didnt really exercise, rice cakes were my best friends, i skipped meals etc. although some of my friends [and parents] got the impression of anorexia, it really wasn't. it is also easier for guys to lose weight because we burn 26 percent more calories than girls.
stay away fried anything, skip lunch, small breakfast and dinner, air popped popcorn, and will power.

See, now I know you're lying.  Because that died wouldn't make you lose weight.  It would send you to the hospital and cause you to have 0 energy and you'd spend all of your time asleep.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 12:22:29 pm »
Quote from: "DeeperThanSurface"
I know a diet that always works because it's just a way of nature.
If you do not need to lose any weight, it will just maintain your current weight.
What you do is only eat until you're satisfied, don't eat until you're full. Just satisfied. And only eat when you're hungry.
My mom did this, as well as a lot of other people, and she lost so much weight.
It's really, really good, and healthy. Skipping meals isn't really the way to go.

After all, animals are usually at the correct weight (Except for people-owned animals, mostly), because they only eat when they're hungry and stop when they're satisfied.

Keep in mind, this will put you at your genetically predispositioned weight.... which isn't always your ideal weight.

I've seen plenty of fat racoons and fat squirrels.  You just have to be in locations where their foot is plentiful.

---Andrew

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Diet help???
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 03:05:03 pm »
ok first of all how dare you call me a liar. You don't fucking know me, you have no idea how hard this was for me to sit in a restaurant with my family eating food and me sitting there with a dry salad if that, you have no clue how many people have called me anorexic for not eating lunch, and seeing that i dramatcally lost weight, I put in so much to do this diet and lose weight because I HAVE WILL POWER! If you want to fucking call me a liar you go ahead, but you are the one who is lying, i admit that i didn't lose my weight the healthy way, but i lost it, a person on a diet defined healthy loses about 1 pound of body fat per WEEK, I took health last semester and i know that what i do to diet MIGHT have been classified as VERY MINOR anorexia, but i know myself well enough to know my limits. I worked extremely hard to lose all the weight that i lost in that time, i ate very little, and didn't end up in a hospital. i am still a normal person. You can't judge people like me and call them a liar on something that you obviously can't prove wrong, if you were my mother or in my family you would know that i am not lying.

your help is very  much appreciated, but you calling me a liar isnt.

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
Diet help???
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 06:53:44 pm »
50 pounds since Jan. is a whole lot! Im not calling you a liar but...to lose that much weight so dramatically seems almost impossible. You would most likely be hospitalized. I know you are able to lose about 2-3 pounds a day without eating after serveal previous days without eating but it seems like too much weight to be lost without being in the hospital, fainting, or becoming very sick. But I dont know you so I dont know.
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
Diet help???
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 07:00:00 pm »
I worked extremely hard to lose all the weight that i lost in that time, i ate very little, and didn't end up in a hospital. i am still a normal person.

Between November and April I'd lost over 18 pounds - without deliberately
trying to loose the weight by dieting. My parents were surprised to see me
in such a condition when I saw them on April 11, but they knew my budget
for food had been compromised loosing two jobs in as many months. With
a metabolism like mine, keeping weight on had always been a issue until I
learned the value of whole foods. I've changed my eating pattern as well -
and I now have a food budget that approaches what I used back in '06  :razz:

The most constructive support you can give to anyone on a diet is talking
about their progress relative to their situation, and avoiding comparisons.

Peace

Aaron

davidjp

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - hon8888@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2008, 10:04:01 pm »
Starving yourself in order to lose weight is a very stupid idea, Sure, you obviously will lose weight over time, but once you've reached your desired weight, you'll put the weight back on very quickly, you might even gain weight.

If you want to lose weight, you need to make a lifestyle change, that means eating healthy foods that fill you up, and exercising. It doesn't have to be vigorous exercise, it could just be jogging for 15 minutes a day.

But it's your body, and if you wanna starve...not my problem.  :roll:
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Diet help???
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2008, 04:19:18 am »
i want to lose weight as well....bathing suit season is already here....!!!!! 8O  8O

i am not overweight...i just have medium size thighs and a medium  sized butt...which i wuld like to get rid of :razz:

but i am also sitting at home all day studying for exams...so i am eating constantly...and its not that im bored and im eating....i am genuinely hungry! :lol: :D

well...idk wat to do....im not gonna starve myself ofcourse....and im trying really hard to exercise at home for like 30 mins a day.....sit ups and easy stuff.....

idk....any ideas?? :P
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2008, 05:48:06 am »
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"

i am not overweight...i just have medium size thighs and a medium  sized butt...which i wuld like to get rid of :razz:

I know the feeling
ENS

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Diet help???
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2008, 09:03:51 am »
Quote from: "SadAsBlue"
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"

I know the feeling

hahaha yeah!!
and here everyone is skinnyyyyy!!!! like toothpicks!!! i guess its just their genes....but im American!!!! so i have a normal body that doesnt feel so normal when compared to other teenage girls here.....

:razz:
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

Logikal X

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - tqhx@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tqhx
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2008, 04:15:58 pm »
Stop snacking on junk food, get fruit/yogurt/healthy granola bars/rice cakes

Stop drinking soda, drink water instead.

Every time you go to eat, just eat enough, dont let yourself get full!
Quote from: "ReSpektDaFrenziedEVanesSa"
But I have to say I love the feeling of anything going up my butt, it just drives me wild.

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 06:45:50 pm »
If you think about all the different opinions that are being given, obviously you can probably see that it's different for everyone.
But if you are serious about this (which it obviously seems you are, right?) then perhaps ask your parents to take you to a doctor who can probably tell you the best and healthiest way to lose weight.
If you want to do it quickly, that's not always the healthiest way to do it, you just want to be healthy in the longrun right?
So hopefully no matter how long it takes, you'll make the healthy desicions.
That's what she said.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Diet help???
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2008, 09:32:50 pm »
i did one of those "are you over weight" things that they have at the vitamin stores at the mall and a guy my size should weigh about 130-140.  :(