Author Topic: Diet help???  (Read 19414 times)

Holly

• VCUBs
  • Speeding into the horizon
  • Twin Stars
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2008, 03:45:29 pm »
My tip is try to have a protein shake every day. I use a whey protein powder and mix it with fresh fruit, nf yogurt/milk and ice and it makes a good fruit shake. Whey protein is really good for building lean muscle.
"i'm willing to do anything
to calm the storm in my heart
i've never been the praying kind
but lately i've been down upon my knees
not looking for a miracle
just a reason to believe"

davidjp

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • MSN Messenger - hon8888@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2008, 09:54:32 pm »
Quote from: "Grakthis"
Quote from: "davidjp"
Starving yourself in order to lose weight is a very stupid idea, Sure, you obviously will lose weight over time, but once you've reached your desired weight, you'll put the weight back on very quickly, you might even gain weight.

If you want to lose weight, you need to make a lifestyle change, that means eating healthy foods that fill you up, and exercising. It doesn't have to be vigorous exercise, it could just be jogging for 15 minutes a day.

But it's your body, and if you wanna starve...not my problem.  :roll:

15 minutes a day of jogging might burn 150 calories (at a 6 Mph pace) and won't help your heart at all.

You'd be better off doing 30 minutes every other day.

It's better than not running at all.  :wink:
It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2008, 09:58:54 pm »
I have a path thats just a bit under a mile and I try to run it everyday ever since I have finished school. And you can guess how that has been going. I just can't get off my lazy bottom and get out there!

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Lord Andrew
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Grakthis
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grakthis.com
Diet help???
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2008, 12:09:49 pm »
Quote from: "Holly"
My tip is try to have a protein shake every day. I use a whey protein powder and mix it with fresh fruit, nf yogurt/milk and ice and it makes a good fruit shake. Whey protein is really good for building lean muscle.

Yeah.. that's a common myth.  Whey protien is good for providing your muscles with energy and allowing them to grow in size and if you are a heavy body builder, by all means, go for it.  But how "lean" your muscles are is a fact of genetics and not what you consume.  Nothing you eat will make your muscles "leaner."  Which is a non-sense phrase anyways...

On top of that, no one who eats a healthy diet EVER needs to add protien into their food.  You get plenty of protien from your yogurt/milk.  Anything you add on top of that is a waste of time and money.  So unless you're a vegetarian or otherwise protien deficient...

And your muscles only crave protien right after a workout.  So unless you are drinking that shake within 30 minutes of lifting.... then again, it's a waste.

Don't take my word for it though.  Research it some.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

Wagella Wrote:Yay for Bigotry!!

---Andrew

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2008, 12:11:01 pm »
Quote from: "itsthefiveofus"
I have a path thats just a bit under a mile and I try to run it everyday ever since I have finished school. And you can guess how that has been going. I just can't get off my lazy bottom and get out there!

Running a mile, while better than nothing, isn't enough to really do you any good.  A 12 minute jog is barely enough to wake your body up.
If you are reading this, you are probably on my ignore list.  Click here to return the favor

---Andrew

milla

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/millatraylen
Diet help???
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2008, 12:18:45 pm »
For one thing, you have to start somewhere; if you start out running a mile you wont carry on doing that forever, you'll gradually get fitter and be able to run further. And maybe some people just like running...it's not like everything you do in life has to be based around losing weight and burning calories.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Diet help???
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2008, 12:26:00 pm »
I lost like 4 pounds this week!

Grakthis

• VCUBs
  • Lord Andrew
    • View Profile
Diet help???
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2008, 11:26:17 am »
Quote from: "milla"
For one thing, you have to start somewhere; if you start out running a mile you wont carry on doing that forever, you'll gradually get fitter and be able to run further. And maybe some people just like running...it's not like everything you do in life has to be based around losing weight and burning calories.

If you like running, why would you only run 1 mile?

And that's a horrible logical fallacy.  Everything in life doesn't have to be based around not stabbing yourself in the throat, but I immagine you still don't stab yourself in the throat, and if anyone asked, you would tell them that stabbing yourself in the throat is a bad idea.

---Andrew

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
Diet help???
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2008, 06:27:37 am »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Right now I'm trying to find a factory job that pays well and makes me sweat a lot. That's my plan. Wish me luck!

I'm after that kind of work myself; as a second job it would be ideal b/c it
would fit around the hours I'm working now, but I'm only after a casual 15
or so extra hours each week to help with food expenses. The other issue I
have is rental increases and the price of fuel limiting the number of viable
job options; my 2nd job has to be closer to make commuting ecconomical.

Spending less on food than on gas each week? Check these prices out :wink:

Peace

Aaron

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
Diet help???
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2008, 09:38:50 am »
this gas thing is seriously fucked up.