Author Topic: where is Vanessa?  (Read 11169 times)

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
where is Vanessa?
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 03:10:42 pm »
Vanessa is strictly business.  She makes music.  She plays music.  And thats that.  

Sad to say, and I'm sure you know it H&T is dead and it's sad...simple Myspace stuff and frequent blogs could have helped a ton.  Yes, yes it's just Myspace..but Myspace can take you places...I'm serious, it's helped tons of people spread the word, etc.  

I know Vanessa loves to play, you can tell by just listening to her.

I know shes playing tons of one-off shows but why are theses shows not promoted the way they should be?  Yes, yes your saying thats the labels job....no, the labels job was to publish and distribute the record....Vanessa should have had some kind of heads up with what happened to Harmonium.   I know a ton of them are radio dates and I understand why those are low key...but she had a show last night with Ferras and Anna Nalick and both artists posted about the show, etc.  Not one mention from Vanessa or her team.  

I believe she gave up on her solo career when she started getting offers to score films.

Thats how I feel.

You say how much can ONE person do without label support?

I laugh at that comment, majority of all the bands/artists I support have crawled there way out of holes on there own...no label, no help, nothing....and the way they did it?  They never gave up...and I feel like shes doing just that.

I'll try my best to support and stay strong minded about anything she does, but it's getting hard.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
where is Vanessa?
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 05:37:00 pm »
Well the whole tons of artists that do stuff on their own I get what you mean. My favorite band Nine Inch Nails does not have a record label or any type stuff like that, but they still have songs that make to top ten on rock charts. But the thing that you missed is how long she's even been out. Nine inch nails has been out since 1989 so they have a HUGE fan following that would make supporting your act a lot easier. Vanessa has been been only about 6 years and after ATM people forgot about her. Its hard to support yourself when people don't even know who you are. Her last 4 singles Pretty Baby White Houses NF and HOM have not gotten her name out and her last two cd's. Would you have enough will power to carry on when you have had so many unsuccessful events? I wouldn't. I think she is just going along with playing shows and than she will figure out what she wants to do next. Plus you can't expect for a team of promoters to promote a Pop artist as well when they are just used to R&B/Rap/Hip Hop. Think of those genres as squares and pop as triangle. Fitting the triangle through a square would be kind hard.  I think they know what they messed up on and what they need to work on. Next time, if there is a next time, they would probably do a better job. I am just as mad as you with the outcome of H&T. I wanted it to be a big hit. But just let time take its course. You don't know what can happen next month or something. I myself have just not let myself jump to conclusions with stuff and hating people at her label. The last thing that a person who has lost faith in what they do is their support loosing faith in them and what they do. This has been really long, but I had to say everything.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

fairytales

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
where is Vanessa?
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2008, 02:24:03 pm »
the last time she really sent a msg was the released of "nolita fairytale" vid.. but right after the released of "hands on me" vid, it seems to be obvious she's not really in the mood to share.. i dunno..maybe b'cause she saw lots of us nessa fans didn't liked it..(i did tho) and that prolly made her sad.. perhaps it's just me who thought of that.. but i hope she's just busy..

and... SHE HAS TO KNOWW THATTT WEE LOVE HER TO DEATH.. NO MATTER WHAT.. k v?

p.s. can't w8 for her unreleased song she played in "gotti's way"..

AND V! WE JUST MISS YOU.. for realssss................
so if u could just pretty plss tell us how u doin right now?.. we r partly over emotional bout this...
--Funny how the things you need will find you
The things you want will leave you wanting some more
Everything that comes along reminds you
You can either rise above or you can hit the floor--

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
where is Vanessa?
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2008, 03:22:47 pm »
And I love her too! :D
Dustin

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
where is Vanessa?
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2008, 06:41:02 pm »
I agree! We do love her we just need to hear from her.
ENS

shinesobright07

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - kami_lynn713@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
where is Vanessa?
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2008, 07:57:37 pm »
I MISS HER TOO!!  :(

Epit

• View Profile
    • Twitter
where is Vanessa?
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2008, 06:13:54 am »
Well i do believe people heard enough about NF and Hands On Me here in Asia. Especially HOM that brought her here.. i think people just kinda do not like the style of Vanessa. They still playing ATM till today.. i know it is highly impossible to write such song again but i do think Vanessa need to write something similar to catch attention again. Just a thought though..

Anyway to answer the question, i think Vanessa is busy preparing for her tour..

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
where is Vanessa?
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2008, 08:15:56 am »
yeah I like how after BNB she has done better in Asia than here in the U.S.  I am so sick of the radio here, its always the same like 10 songs over and over again.

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
where is Vanessa?
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2008, 01:07:57 pm »
I disagree!

I don't think Vanessa should even have her mind set on 'another ATM'...I love everything she has done since then...it's all original and heartfelt..she has grown to be an amazing singer/song writer....channeling all her talents on 'another ATM' wouldn't be real.  Majority of music 'fans' don't like REAL music...they like what is shoved down their throats everyday by the media(tv,radio,viral) and pay no attention to anything else. I mean come on, should Lil' Wayne have three songs in the TOP 10?  Pathedic.  I honestly feel Vanessa should go the indie route IF she decides to release another album anytime soon.  She is about the music, not the fame.  Start your own imprint, choose a distribution company, hire a good tour manager and your set.  :)

But yes, 'another ATM' is the WRONG way of looking at it......all the stuff she has done since has been so real and raw...very very talented...just wish she could get the recognition she deserves..but it's ok, she has us! :)
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
where is Vanessa?
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2008, 01:50:44 pm »
i very much agree with you nutnlp

itsthefiveofus

• View Profile
where is Vanessa?
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2008, 06:14:47 pm »
yeah I agree with the disagreement. If she just kept to ATM style songs, it would not allow for growth! Plus it would be to boring after a while.

chrisb

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smartdudeforlife
    • View Profile
where is Vanessa?
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2008, 01:25:49 am »
Well I don't think she should try and create another ATM or BNN she does need to try and make her music more "listenable" and marketable, I think she's experimenting too much which does add growth but at the same time her experimental work has mostly been hit or miss, I say let her experiment privately and not release as many of her experimental works.

I think Vanessa really needs to have like an online blog other than myspace and just update at least once every two weeks, the thing that made me fall in love with her was that she seemed so personal and likable but nowadays it's like she's a total stranger and I'm getting bored of supporting an artist like that.

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
where is Vanessa?
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2008, 04:47:45 pm »
part of the reason i'm not a fan anymore is i don't feel like she cares about her fans as much as she used to & i've said that before. Backstreet & Criss Angel are always doing updates for their fans online & through video blogs..V should start video blogging. Criss only gets like 2 hours of sleep a night because of work most of the time, so if he can do it i don't see why V can't lol. BSB are actually pretty busy too.

Though Paula doesn't keep in contact with her fans online either so it's true, not all celebs do. But she makes up for it when we meet her in person & i don't think V does most of the time. Although i'm not getting into that argument again so i'm shutting up now haha.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
where is Vanessa?
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2008, 07:18:03 pm »
if i had an elevator in my flat in nyc i probably wouldn't care about anything else either.

shinesobright07

• MSN Messenger - kami_lynn713@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
where is Vanessa?
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2008, 07:54:02 pm »
Just going back to the subject of writing another ATM song... I agree that she shouldn't have to write another one just to impress people. I've learned that some people write music for themselves. Vanessa writes for Vanessa. Even if her CDs go down, you really think she gives a sh*t? I suppose it's one way to bring in money... but still... it's hard to get everyone on board with her music. So I say, screw them and power on. She should just keep doing what she's doing, because the only ones she should care about are the REAL Vanessa Carlton fans.. and we pretty much like anything she puts out there lol..am I right? Doesn't she get money going on tours anyway? And it's not like she doesn't sell any CDs at all... I'm assuming all the nessaholic fans have at least one of her Cds... hmm...

It's a tough topic to discuss.

Take the glitz back I want the soul instead...