Author Topic: 7/9/08 - "Notes From The Road" Taping, Des Moines,  (Read 21675 times)

kaysha

• Administrator
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
7/9/08 - "Notes From The Road" Taping, Des Moines,
« on: July 03, 2008, 03:49:52 pm »
Hello

On Wednesday, July 9 in Des Moines, Iowa they will be taping an episode of Bonefish Grill’s Notes From The Road for Ovation TV... The featured artist is Vanessa Carlton.  She will be performing 6 songs and you will need to be there no later than 1:45pm.

No still or video cameras will be allowed since they're taping and you will be searched.

This is a limited availabilty show, so if you're interested and available to go let me know (respond here or PM me) and I can provide further information.  I will need your name for the guest list.

-katia
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

eclv

• Moderators
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 09:21:36 am »
Sounds like fun too bad it's in the middle of nowhere!!

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 09:28:47 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, it is where they recently had the floods; or close to the floods involving the Mississippi River.

kaysha

• Administrator
    • ICQ Messenger - 996740
    • AOL Instant Messenger - katiakaysha
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chickey.org
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 02:52:51 pm »
I'm shocked we don't have anyone in or near Des Moines that would want to go to this!  oof!
I <3 Nicole

We want the unicorns to live! - Vanessa Carlton

Ghisy

• VCUBs
  • V-Unit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ghis+V
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 02:56:05 pm »
Katia, I'd go if I didn't live in France... :?
Ghisy
The Original French NESSAholic

nicole

• Moderators
  • Fine as dandelions
  • more rides than great adventure
    • AOL Instant Messenger - lovePLASTIClove
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 05:15:34 pm »
Damn this makes me more sad that no VC for me this summer!

Argh!

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 05:19:52 pm »
Come to San Jose California on the 24th of July!

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 10:06:44 pm »
what is she doing in san jose?!
thats like...9 hours away from me.
haha
Peace
Adriann

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 08:12:04 am »
concert for music in the park. i'll bump the topic.

Martin.

• Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 11:31:49 am »
On Wednesday, July 9, Vanessa will be performing a private show for Ovation TV in Des Moines, Iowa.

This will be a taped performance and we're looking for some Vanessa fans in the Des Moines area to make it a special one.

The first 20 people to email their name, age, and email address to:
notes@nessaholics.com
will be invited to attend this private taping.

Winners will be required to show valid ID at the door and no cameras will be allowed (since it is a private taping).

Make sure you email NOW!

From her Myspace Bulletin thing.

If posted already, sorry.

Shelly

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 05:07:01 pm »
Hey, it's not the middle of nowhere! I was so happy that we finally got  Vanessa to come to the Midwest because she so rarely comes to this part of the country. You coast people get her all the time! :)

Okay, so we were supposed to arrive by 1:45pm for a 2:30pm concert but they didn't even let us in until around 3pm. Then we waited until about 3:25pm before Vanessa came out. Apparently, her flight in Denver got cancelled and she was stuck there for like 5 hours. She was supposed to arrive last night but didn't get to Des Moines until today.

Vanessa peformed 6 songs... twice. She sang OD, ATM, White Houses, HoM, Who's To Say and Home. The first time she sang them, she told short stories for each. The second time, she really didn't tell stories because this time through it was mainly for different camera angles.

OD - She talked about how she wrote it in C Major and that she wrote it with a high note in it (High C) so that it's a good vocal challenge for her to sing it. She said that she started singing by "default" because she didn't know who else would sing her songs while she was playing them. It was a cute story. :)

ATM - She just talked about the "hook" and how she sat with the hook for about a year before her producer (Ron?) told her she had to write a song for it. So, she sat down one Saturday night and forced herself to write it.

White Houses - She didn't say much except that the song is about the time in your life when everything is "dirty," ages 16-24.

HoM - She just said that it's her second single from H&T and that the song (lyrics) is self explanatory.

Who's To Say - Vanessa said this is one of her favorite songs and then she said her standard "This is for those that are in relationships that aren't approved of by either your mother or the government."

Home - She said that it is one of her favorite songs on H&T.

It was just an amazing experience and worth driving 2 hours (each way!) to see. She wasn't as chatty as I'm used to seeing her. But she did a phenomenal job. I just... Vanessa is just brilliant.

OH! And Victor was there! He fell asleep while she was playing and she joked about how she must not be doing that well because he was alseep. It was great. Vanessa had to stay and do 2 hours of interviews so I didn't get to meet her for the second time.

Apparently, she is doing a show tomorrow night in Des Moines too, which I had NO idea about. I'm a little bummed because I'm not sure I can make it there AGAIN.

Overall, a wonderful time. :)

itsthefiveofus

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2008, 08:15:26 pm »
sounds like fun = ] are these interviews and tapings going to air anywhere or something?

Current takes me out, what will be, will be. Floating on the sea, stars are watching me.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 08:46:05 pm »
i was thinking the same thing ^

I wish i coulda been there.

Kate

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2008, 02:49:36 am »
^^ happy that she had a very good time as you must have had too!!
"This night under stars, well, I call it peace"
"I walk the street with a song in my head"

Shelly

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2008, 07:56:33 am »
It was a fabulous time. There was obviously a lot of people there that had only heard a song or two of hers. I think I was one of the only actual "fans" there. I saw a lot of people that were impressed by her performances and a couple people said how "cute" she is. :)

Oh, and yeah, it's going to air on Ovation TV. Apparently, it's a channel on Direct TV and one other service. Not standard cable or even On Demand. All of the places they told us it would air I don't have so I hope that someone can find it and post it somewhere for everyone to see.

It was really cute how nervous Vanessa seemed. I've never really seem her look nervous but I think some of it was because she was so late. The producer of the show kept saying how bad she felt that she was late even though it wasn't her fault. She did joke around about the decor in the room (there were fish on the walls) and her nose needing to be powdered (due to it getting HOT in the room because of all the cameras and people).

I just don't think they did a very good job of getting actual Vanessa fans there. I met a girl there that said they were just inviting random people that came in to eat in the restaurant. And the invitation for actual fans didn't come out until Monday. AND the concert they are having tonight in Des Moines, no one even knew about until Vanessa told us at the show. Even the people in Des Moines had no idea. Very strange.