Author Topic: Oldies  (Read 2347 times)

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
Oldies
« on: July 07, 2008, 05:38:28 am »
My entire life whenever I'm in the car my parents play oldies music unlike most of my friends parents. For quite some time it really bothered me because I just wanted to listen to MY music. A few months ago it dawned on me that I really like music from the 60's and 70's and I'm so glad my parents made me listen to those songs because I have such a respect for that period of music. Anyone else a fan of music made decades before they were? Some of my favorites are Simon and Garfunkle, Tom Petty, Looking Glass, Fleetwood Mac, and of course The Beatles. :D  :D
ENS

Journey_to

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Oldies
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 06:14:10 am »
hehe.This is my kind of thread!
My mom and my aunts have been doing that since i was literally born.I never really knew the names of the artists or songs, just the music.Then a couple of years ago, I decided to find out more.As a result, I found out I absolutely love the beatles, simon and garfunkel, mott the hopple, and so on.I also really love Kate Bush and Carole King.then at the urging of my uncle last summer, I got into fleetwood mac and stevie.I also adore the Who,My best friend also got me into Elvis Presley
I personally believe that period of music is why we have some of the greats today, though i ultimately prefer the music from those days.

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Oldies
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 01:50:31 pm »
When I was in college and finally got my own car, and thus a radio that I actually listened to frequently, I fell right in with the two oldies stations I could get there.  I really went for the early rock n roll from the late '50s and the psychedelic stuff from the late '60s.  I soon bought dozens of oldies CDs, among them the Beatles' entire catalog.

Since then, I have seen in concert The Association, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis (3 times), Aretha Franklin, Santana, Booker T and the MGs, and quite possibly several others my overheated brain can't retrieve at the moment.
Dustin

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
Oldies
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 06:23:51 pm »
Yes, I definately like this music. No question about it... my tastes even go so far back as like, the 30's-50's.
That's what she said.

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
Oldies
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 11:15:20 am »
Yeah, I've got quite a few Swing-Era discs in my active collection as well. 8)
Dustin