Author Topic: Stevie's fans are supporters....not really.  (Read 8710 times)

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
Stevie's fans are supporters....not really.
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 11:39:42 am »
We also have to understand that Stevie's music is different from Vanessa's. And some of these people are die hard fans. haha
Peace
Adriann

Jophess

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 06:30:33 am »
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"
yeah...i get ur point...but still we dont say bad things abt Stevie now do we?  :?

Are you kidding? When H&T came out this board was flooded with people saying that her vocals on The One were terrible and that they ruined the song and that she sounded like a goat, etc. etc. etc.

People are allowed to not like Vanessa and I think what that poster on Stevie's board did was nice.
Joe

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 09:26:08 am »
Quote from: "Jophess"
yeah...i get ur point...but still we dont say bad things abt Stevie now do we?  :?

Are you kidding? When H&T came out this board was flooded with people saying that her vocals on The One were terrible and that they ruined the song and that she sounded like a goat, etc. etc. etc.

People are allowed to not like Vanessa and I think what that poster on Stevie's board did was nice.

VERY TRUE! Oh my god, we're hypocrites. Well actually..not so much...WE. Not everyone didn't like Stevie's vocals. haha
Peace
Adriann

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 09:37:42 am »
Yeah we ripped it apart when it first was released
ENS

equeen1022

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • AOL Instant Messenger - amber102208
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 05:46:21 am »
Quote from: "SadAsBlue"
Yeah we ripped it apart when it first was released

Heck I ripped it apart. lol. To this day I still think it's much better without Stevie on back up.
~*Amber*~

'Cause I lose my way searching for stage lights...

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 06:01:06 am »
Quote from: "AisforAdrn"

VERY TRUE! Oh my god, we're hypocrites. Well actually..not so much...WE. Not everyone didn't like Stevie's vocals. haha

I LOVED HER VOICE AND STILL DO...SHE'S GREAT AND SO UNIQUE! :D :lol:
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 11:40:20 am »
Same here dood, I thought Stevie added an element to the song that is way better than when she just sings it by herself. It's such an honor that Stevie was even in able to be a part of that song.
Peace
Adriann

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 05:16:36 pm »
It took me a while to like her input on the songs vocals, but it has grown on me.  :D
ENS

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 11:58:18 am »
To be honest I didnt like her vocals on it at fisrt... But I now think that they are great. :)

ethereal

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Bella+x3+Donna
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2008, 08:06:06 pm »
I'm the biggest Stevie fan alive, and I still love Vanessa, too!

It's just two different styles. The older Stevie fans don't seem to like how Vanessa sounds so youthful, and writes 'naive' lyrics, and prefer Stevie's rough rock and roll sound. I personally think it's the best of both worlds. Stevie's my faaavorite person in the world, but I like how I can listen to Vanessa and get music that's easy to listen to, and just lay back and relax with.

Zoidberg

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2008, 10:16:36 pm »
Whenever I force my mom to listen to Vanessa, she always says that she sounds like she would do well in musical theatre. Although I think it has more to do with the fact that she uses a lot of string instruments in her songs, rather than her actual voice (my mom has actually cited the instruments she uses in her songs as one of the reasons). I happen to be a big fan of musical theatre and I don't think Vanessa's voice would fit well on broadway. However I can see why people would compare her music to musical theatre.

milla

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/millatraylen
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 02:00:20 am »

lol.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 12:41:21 pm »
Quote from: "Zoidberg"
Whenever I force my mom to listen to Vanessa, she always says that she sounds like she would do well in musical theatre. Although I think it has more to do with the fact that she uses a lot of string instruments in her songs, rather than her actual voice (my mom has actually cited the instruments she uses in her songs as one of the reasons). I happen to be a big fan of musical theatre and I don't think Vanessa's voice would fit well on broadway. However I can see why people would compare her music to musical theatre.
We talked about this on a different thread I like musical theatre and do musical theatre but Vanessa is far form all the Vibrato and stong voice.