Poll

Do you wear makeup?

Yes, everyday, wouldn't be seen without it!
3 (15.8%)
Yeah, most of the time but not always
6 (31.6%)
Yes, but only on special occasions- not for everyday
4 (21.1%)
Only when I have spots to cover up
2 (10.5%)
Sorta... only a bit of lipgloss (or other product)
2 (10.5%)
No, never
2 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: August 12, 2008, 02:26:45 am

Author Topic: Do you wear makeup? (for girls)  (Read 12539 times)

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
Do you wear makeup? (for girls)
« on: August 12, 2008, 02:26:45 am »
A poll for the girls...
(otherwise I anticipate post after post of "I'm a GUY!", lol)
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

Kate

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 04:06:30 am »
I wear make up most of the time, when I go out to shops, at university, parties....but sometimes I like not wearing make up, at home and also when I go out  :)
"This night under stars, well, I call it peace"
"I walk the street with a song in my head"

Manny

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 07:44:16 am »
I am a guy  :lol:

Manda

• Speeding into the horizon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 01:13:44 pm »
I use Bare Escentuals pretty much everyday, it feels great. I used to use MAC but it felt so heavy on my face and made me break out often and I've never really had acne or a problem with that. My cousin did my make up for a show once and it felt so natural and looked great! I definitely recommend it to anyone especially if you have dry skin like me.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 01:33:35 pm »
Voted the second. I like playing around with brands and colors.
ENS

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 02:04:22 pm »
I barely ever wear makeup. When I do wear it it's only when I have blemishes to cover up. I hate the feeling of makeup and stuff on my face, not comfortable. Oh by the way...how is Bare Escentuals Manda? I was thinking of using that. I get the impression it wont be cakey or gross on my face.
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 02:59:32 pm »
Its great make up Emmy (sorry if I got your name wrong), its a little expensive and I bought the starter kit for $60 at Sephora because the Bare Escentuals store doesn't sell it. I also picked up some eye shadows and blush. It feels really nice, you get three brushes but you really only need the kabuki brush or the small concealer, and it comes with a moisturizer first that gives your face a soft glow with the make up and blends with the powder. You only use small amounts, and its really all you need. It is really natural and light. It also comes with a DVD, my cousin and I watched it and its pretty helpful. You should try the starter kit if you can find it. Let me know how it works for you if you decide to pick it up sometime.

You know that Dirrty feeling when you wake up with no pants on face down on the floor of the city bus and you got like a condom in your ear? Thats the feeling we are trying to create! - Sarah Michelle Gellar

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 03:29:07 pm »
Yes almowst everyday. If I leave the house ive got it on! I love Urban Decay (THE BEST!!!), MAC, Beare essentuals, Too Faced, Artistry, and I could go on ALL day. Urban Decay is the best though. I like makup, I dont really wear it to cover zits becuase (dont get mad at me for saying this) I dont realy have any the only thing I need foundation fot is slit redness on the nose and sometimes dark cirlce eyes.

MyMelody

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 07:52:04 pm »
Long answer: I think I kind of missed the boat as far as makeup goes. At the beginning of sixth grade, no one I knew wore or even mentioned makeup. And yet somehow by the start of high school everybody knew everything there was to know and I was like wtf? How did everyone learn so much about makeup? Not just the technique in putting it on, but like what all of the thousands of different kinds of foundation/coverup/concealer are supposed to do and the technique to use them. So basically, if I knew how to wear makeup properly... I would totally do it. I've tried learning before, but everyone who's tried to teach me doesn't understand how little I know. Whatever. It's been so long since it all started. [/pointless, frustrated rambling]

Short answer: no, never

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 07:23:39 am »
All I can say about girls in makeup is that some should and don't, some absolutely shouldn't and do, and some just don't know when to stop.  I just know that if it comes off in my mouth (and I hate the taste), that's too much.
Dustin

Manda

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2008, 10:04:09 am »
haha yeah...here in LA girls in middle school and high school start caking it on and it just gets worse. I like when its light and natural, not when it makes you look like a completely different person. I think its just supposed to enhance your features and cover up here and there. Our generation is going overboard.

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 02:26:04 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
haha yeah...here in LA girls in middle school and high school start caking it on and it just gets worse. I like when its light and natural, not when it makes you look like a completely different person. I think its just supposed to enhance your features and cover up here and there. Our generation is going overboard.

It is called "makeup", not "overcompensate".  The generation before us wan bad about doing the same thing, tho.
Dustin

SadAsBlue

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 05:32:24 pm »
I didn't start until Christmas of 8th grade and when I started I was a bit off par but I used to really be into the show "What not to Wear" and in the last fifteen minutes they sort of teach really helpful make-up tips. I know it helped me because I was a bit lost at first lol.
ENS

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 07:16:48 pm »
Quote from: "Manda"
Its great make up Emmy (sorry if I got your name wrong), its a little expensive and I bought the starter kit for $60 at Sephora because the Bare Escentuals store doesn't sell it. I also picked up some eye shadows and blush. It feels really nice, you get three brushes but you really only need the kabuki brush or the small concealer, and it comes with a moisturizer first that gives your face a soft glow with the make up and blends with the powder. You only use small amounts, and its really all you need. It is really natural and light. It also comes with a DVD, my cousin and I watched it and its pretty helpful. You should try the starter kit if you can find it. Let me know how it works for you if you decide to pick it up sometime.

Oh wow! Thank you for the info! I will really have to try it out!
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2008, 02:24:40 pm »
I stated begining of 8th grade and Ive found that ita lwas lloks bad when you first start wearing it but after a month when you get the hang of it it looks better and better.