Author Topic: america's got talent season 3 (went to a taping on 9/2/08)  (Read 4768 times)

Laura

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
    • View Profile
america's got talent season 3 (went to a taping on 9/2/08)
« on: September 01, 2008, 11:20:37 pm »
i'll be there tonight with a few friends. if you know what i look like, i'll be in a red shirt & black jeans if you wanna look out for me. probably with my hair down, but i'm not sure yet.

it's on NBC at 8pm.

btw, Simon Cowell produces the show for those who didn't know that. just thought i'd throw that out there.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 01:03:56 am »
um yeah so me & my friends went to the taping last Tuesday. if you really want a detailed report i'll type one out, but all i'll say for now is that the judges suck in person compared to the idol judges. they would hardly interact with the fans. Paula, Randy & even Simon would actually interact with the fans & go out of their way to make us happy when i went earlier this year. these judges (even Sharon at times) just seemed so stuck up. Jerry was awesome in the beginning, but didn't notice him much after that besides when he was on the air of course. even the contestants on idol are more into the fans.

i'll still watch the show, just a bit disappointed by the cast.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 02:16:18 pm »
i like the show. hate the decision they made about the mascot people vs. the dancers.

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 02:59:26 pm »
That show is completely THAKE. My moms friend tryed out to sing on it they told him he was very good but could only be on it if he dressed in drag. He said NO. They basically say to some people if you want to be on the show you have to be our freak show.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 05:20:42 pm »
thats weird, im sure they dont do that to everyone, they just want some peope to be freaks, and feel like they have to cast them as that to be on the show. maybe they were just testing his dignity too, and decided in the long run that he wasnt what they were looking for. you never know.

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 08:58:38 pm »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
i like the show. hate the decision they made about the mascot people vs. the dancers.

omg that was so funny to see in person..the audience was actually rooting for the mascot people so i think that helped their decision lol i was too.

& i don't doubt the show wanting "freaks" on..the show just seems really fake. my dad knows one of the Temecula Tap Dancing Dads cuz Temecula is my town & he said they teach people how to cry on the show.

also one of my best friends' little sisters friend (i know thats confusing lol) was interviewed..i'm not positive, but i think she was the little girl who was like "i like when my dad comes to the dance studio cuz i like giving him hugs" or something haha that was cute.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 06:05:13 pm »
All I have seen is a youtube clip of a male Britney impersonator. He was good!  8O It's not on TV here... we had an Australian version.

I'm a fan of Sharon  :)
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 06:11:00 pm »
^i love sharon. her accent is great!

Laura

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 01:07:25 am »
yeah even though Sharon wasn't everything i imagined she'd be in person, she still cracks me up & i still think she's adorable lol i can't help but to like her.

maybe i just expected too much after going to idol this season..i guess most shows are just not that into the fans like the idol cast is. even Simon was hugging fans during breaks haha. these judges wouldn't even wave at people, besides Sharon waving at our section once.

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 06:09:27 am »
last year they showed her dog, and david tried to pet it, and it like tried to attack him, it was funny. it was all sweet to her.