Author Topic: My new band...  (Read 8013 times)

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - charmed.ashley@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
My new band...
« on: September 04, 2008, 07:13:24 am »
Just thought it'd be nicer to start my own topic about my band, cause i felt it was rude to keep commenting in DeeperThanSurface's topic! :D

So to reply to Ilivvanessa : "maybe you could do some covers of v, but with your own style or ask him what he would like to do, and maybe throw that in but with your own personal touches here and there throughout the song."

Today my drummer gave me a great idea...since I am becoming darker with my music...I'm into metal and stuff now more than alt rock...I should maybe sing darker music! I cant believe I didn't think of that :lol:

So i guess now we'll do Evanescence and Within Temptation...well the ones that I can sing without sounding too opera-ish (Within Temptation's vocalist, Sharon, can sing RLY high!!  8O  :lol: )

And of course this makes it easier to add Vanessa into my set list...
Be Not Nobody and a lot of the songs off of Harmonium have a dark theme and they are amazing to sing...now Ive just got to figure out how to make them into 'guitar' songs :lol:

Thanks for the tip btw =D
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
My new band...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 06:38:18 pm »
you should do the wreckage. or she floats.

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
My new band...
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 10:13:05 pm »
Great idea! I'll run that by the band members today! :D

Here is a song i wrote...we're gonna work on it at the first practice! I cant wait!!!

~*~midnight lullaby~*~

the moon shines on the shore
my heart belongs to u no more
the moon lights my path as i walk away
it leads me to where u are
i find the place where u lay

why wont the whispering stop?
Uve gone, without me.
I cant stand the silence of these moors.
oh please, let me be!

The ravens have caught up
theyre tearing u apart
thrashing and howling now
i thought u had no heart

immortality of man
not one of ur best choices
to live like this forever
in fear of all these voices

you hear it in ur head
but who is to blame?
it is me haunting you, my dear
i will bring u to shame

** It's a little darker or more metal-ish that my usual stuff.....but I got in the mood for the band! LOL **
http://allpoetry.com/fallengoddess - Check out my poetry and tell me what you think! Many thanks! -

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
My new band...
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 07:52:19 pm »
Oh cool, maybe if I write some songs some of you will try them out!  I just need to work on them and that might take some time since I need to put my life back together first.

I have one song about the golden gate bridge in mind called(I think) "international orange"

the idea goes something like how when you are with someone the golden gate bridge is golden because they are with you but when you are alone you notice it is really international orange.  People or the special one that you love are far away, and you can say you love them in languages of different countries.  but it is a sad song:

off of orange, through the white, into blue
how I long to be with you
ya vas looblue
aish-te-ru
yo amor tu
I do love you

I haven't figured out how all the parts are going to be put together yet though.

--tylor2000

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
My new band...
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 09:39:56 pm »
Quote from: "tylor2000"
Oh cool, maybe if I write some songs some of you will try them out!  I just need to work on them and that might take some time since I need to put my life back together first.

I have one song about the golden gate bridge in mind called(I think) "international orange"

the idea goes something like how when you are with someone the golden gate bridge is golden because they are with you but when you are alone you notice it is really international orange.  People or the special one that you love are far away, and you can say you love them in languages of different countries.  but it is a sad song:

off of orange, through the white, into blue
how I long to be with you
ya vas looblue
aish-te-ru
yo amor tu
I do love you

I haven't figured out how all the parts are going to be put together yet though.

--tylor2000

I like ur idea! :D

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
My new band...
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 08:31:55 pm »
okay so i think i changing the band back to alternative rock...like Daughtry,Goo Goo Dolls, Paramore....

I need a band name!!!!! I know its probably still early cause we havent even had our first band practice yet...but i feel so stupid when people ask me what my band is called and then i just say ' IDK YET ' LOL :lol:

any ideas???

(keep in mind im the only girl in the band...i dont want something too girly...)

tylor2000

• View Profile
My new band...
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 07:35:08 pm »
Quote from: "VanessaCarltonMania"
okay so i think i changing the band back to alternative rock...like Daughtry,Goo Goo Dolls, Paramore....

I need a band name!!!!! I know its probably still early cause we havent even had our first band practice yet...but i feel so stupid when people ask me what my band is called and then i just say ' IDK YET ' LOL :lol:

any ideas???

(keep in mind im the only girl in the band...i dont want something too girly...)

You should probably wait untill your first band practice.  See if you can come up with any ideas together.

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
My new band...
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 08:33:52 pm »
okay, sounds like a gd idea :)

update: im covering Vanessa Carlton's cover of 'paint it black'!!! =D

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
My new band...
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 08:09:47 am »
Update:

I was just asked to be the keyboardist for a My Dying Bride cover band...

WOWWW!!! that is awesome!!! I love My Dying Bride....!!!!!!!

just wanted to spread the news....i am so excitedddd :D

Morgan

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - deeperthansurface@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
My new band...
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 10:31:14 am »
So now are you going to be in 2 bands, or are you going to have a moral decision?

Be in the cover band for a band you love, or be in the band you created with your friends/people?
That's what she said.

zurielshimon

• AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
My new band...
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 07:31:09 pm »
Just don't use any of the names I'm considering, and everything will be okay. 8)
Dustin

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
My new band...
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 09:02:01 am »
Quote from: "DeeperThanSurface"
So now are you going to be in 2 bands, or are you going to have a moral decision?

Be in the cover band for a band you love, or be in the band you created with your friends/people?

Well I dont have to chose since the cover band is just for a few weeks...that band changes styles/genres every week...and this time they chose a metal band that requires keyboard....so they asked me :D

my band is on hold for awhile because my guitarist has just started college and is very busy...and the drummer and I are starting school next Tuesday...so its kinda hectic!!!  : :?

But hopefully when everything settles down I can start with my band! :)

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
My new band...
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 09:03:48 am »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Just don't use any of the names I'm considering, and everything will be okay. 8)

hahaha
now  im interested...give me a few ideas :razz: :lol:

tylor2000

• View Profile
My new band...
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 10:24:30 am »

hahaha

Lebanon Lulaby?

VanessaCarltonMania

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
My new band...
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 10:27:01 am »
Quote from: "tylor2000"

hahaha

Lebanon Lulaby?

That is a nice and unique name...if we change it back to gothic metal/melodic metal thatd be AWESOME!!!!!

Thankss!!! :D