Author Topic: What's with all the short hair haters!?  (Read 12880 times)

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
What's with all the short hair haters!?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 08:48:34 pm »
a lot of the girls on americas next top model are given short hair, and look BEAUTIFUL.  :D

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2008, 06:22:57 pm »
Quote from: "zurielshimon"
Just to prove my point, here is a page with a picture of a girl (I have no idea who she is) who looks really cute with really short hair:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1364322&page=12&pp=15

That doesn't answer my question.

Anyway... it looks like a "pob" (Posh bob) which is a cute style, but that's not the most flattering photo, probably looks a lot better from the front :)
"Music produces a kind of pleasure that human nature cannot do without."
-CONFUCIUS

"It is hard. You have to fight for who you are everyday" -VANESSA CARLTON

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 09:36:05 pm »
Quote from: "MeganJane"
Just to prove my point, here is a page with a picture of a girl (I have no idea who she is) who looks really cute with really short hair:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1364322&page=12&pp=15

That doesn't answer my question.

Anyway... it looks like a "pob" (Posh bob) which is a cute style, but that's not the most flattering photo, probably looks a lot better from the front :)

Oh, I'll admit it's not a great picture, but I'm not quite sure what she'd look like with longer hair.   But what was your question?
Dustin

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 02:04:56 pm »
I understand completely.  I know a few girls who really don't look anything out of the ordinary, but there's just a beauty about them I can't deny.

Do you mean that you prefer people who have a "conventional" look then? (ie. not "out of the ordinary")
I'm a bit confused
-CONFUCIUS

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 02:12:14 pm »
That girl's hair is not that short. That is a pretty common length. About 50% of the little girls I saw recently in Disney World had that haircut. Also most women over 35 cut their hair about that short or shorter usually!!

I thought we were talking short like Halle Berry's old hairstyle or Kiera Knightley in Domino. I think Halle Berry looked very pretty with short hair but not so much Kiera Knightley - I don't really think she's very pretty though usually, only at certain angles. She mostly reminds me of a skeleton.

Oddly enough I actually think Paris Hilton looks much better with semi-short hair than long. She looks odd to me with long hair but kinda cute when it is short. Other than that I can't really think of anyone else with hair shorter than chin length I've really liked. I saw Brokedown Palace last night where Claire Danes and Kate Beckinsale had to cut their hair off. I didn't think it looked that good on Kate because her hair doesn't have much body but it looked good on Claire Danes.

I cut my hair to my chin in high school and it was ok I guess. I think people complimented it but were surprised since I usually have long hair. At the time I think it was overprocessed and a little too fried, it'd probably lay better at a short length now but Pete would not like it!! haha

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 02:24:20 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
That girl's hair is not that short. That is a pretty common length. About 50% of the little girls I saw recently in Disney World had that haircut. Also most women over 35 cut their hair about that short or shorter usually!!

I thought we were talking short like Halle Berry's old hairstyle or Kiera Knightley in Domino. I think Halle Berry looked very pretty with short hair but not so much Kiera Knightley - I don't really think she's very pretty though usually, only at certain angles. She mostly reminds me of a skeleton.

Oddly enough I actually think Paris Hilton looks much better with semi-short hair than long. She looks odd to me with long hair but kinda cute when it is short. Other than that I can't really think of anyone else with hair shorter than chin length I've really liked. I saw Brokedown Palace last night where Claire Danes and Kate Beckinsale had to cut their hair off. I didn't think it looked that good on Kate because her hair doesn't have much body but it looked good on Claire Danes.

I cut my hair to my chin in high school and it was ok I guess. I think people complimented it but were surprised since I usually have long hair. At the time I think it was overprocessed and a little too fried, it'd probably lay better at a short length now but Pete would not like it!! haha

Yeah, it's not really short, it's veering toward medium-length.
I think Paris looks good with shorter hair too.
But I loved Keira's look in Domino; I think she looked amazing.
-CONFUCIUS

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 02:38:23 am »
Yay! I got it cut and I luv it
-CONFUCIUS

zurielshimon

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - weetbixkid36
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/193866568
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 09:31:53 am »
I understand completely.  I know a few girls who really don't look anything out of the ordinary, but there's just a beauty about them I can't deny.

Do you mean that you prefer people who have a "conventional" look then? (ie. not "out of the ordinary")
I'm a bit confused

Perhaps. To me, I've always found "something special" in a face that others may see as "nothing special".
Dustin

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 03:07:39 pm »
Sort of in the same topic... I don't know if this happens to anyone else, and I've always wondered so that's why I'm asking here, but for some people, when I look at them initially I don't think they are very good looking or maybe they are unique looking in an offputting way but then if I think about them when they are not around they seem prettier to me in memory and so gradually I guess I actually find something oddly attractive about them. And sometimes they still only seem better looking in hindsight. For me this happens more with girls than guys, and not all the time or anything, but sometimes. And I don't mean in a romantic way, just generally.

It's funny that it would happen more with females since I am straight. But I guess it's because I can tell right away if I find a guy attractive and their looks can't really grow on you if you don't find them attractive in some way to begin with.

Idk, maybe I am a weirdo haha

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 03:17:10 pm »
Here's my hair:

(I like this photo except I cringe at the apparent pudginess... must've been slouching or something... I swear I'm a size 1!! AHH! )
-CONFUCIUS

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 03:56:56 pm »
Well, not gonna lie, I think I prefer your hair longer from other pictures I've seen. But it might just be that your short hair is really straight in that pic and I'm not a fan of really short and straight hair on anyone. I prefer some body on that length, so maybe try some volumizing mouse or something if you're up for experimenting, I bet it'd look cool.

ps - you still look skinny. Even skinny people can have a little flab, I admit I do too! It doesn't look bad though. When skinny people are really buff it kinda looks weird to me!

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 04:01:53 pm »
Quote from: "NoelleNC"
I prefer some body on that length, so maybe try some volumizing mouse or something if you're up for experimenting, I bet it'd look cool.

I like it how it is. It's unusual for me to say that about my hair, but I'm finally happy with it.

I thought I might try it like this (the top pic, I don't like the second one) sometime though:
-CONFUCIUS

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 06:36:06 pm »
i think its pretty. i saw your other pictures and you look good both ways.
i like the pic of you laying the grave, that's a cool one. :)

cassiemoy

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 08:14:08 pm »
lookin' good. :] i think you look great with short hair.
formerly fish_for__stars.

MeganJane

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
    • My music on myspace!
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 12:11:31 am »
Quote from: "iluvvanessa"
i think its pretty. i saw your other pictures and you look good both ways.
i like the pic of you laying the grave, that's a cool one. :)

Aww thanks. :)
You have long hair, don't you? I like long hair on guys (generally I mean, I definitely do not include Bert McCracken from The Used -that's "Cauliflower Dick" to you if you watched The Osbournes- in that statement)
-CONFUCIUS