Author Topic: New Song (demo/draft) Collaboration with Jen XLovely  (Read 1762 times)

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
New Song (demo/draft) Collaboration with Jen XLovely
« on: January 21, 2009, 03:25:35 pm »
So Jen sent me lyrics she wanted me to put to music. She can post the lyrics if she wants, but I will just post the music in case she'd rather I not do that.

When I write songs I normally write the music/lyrics simultaneously. It was SO HARD for me to fit already written lyrics into this melody, but I think it turned out OK so far. The lyrics are very pretty and romantic, I tried to match that with the music at the very least.

The recording sucks because my microphone jacks on my computer broke and I had to record to my digicam and it just so happened Pete and his brother were talking/coughing and I sang very quiet cause I was embarassed. I go off pitch a few times because I was kinda improvising haha

So here it is and I'd like ideas & suggestions to make the music & lyrics maybe go better with each other. Thanks :)

http://www.myspace.com/noellebeband

You can hear the music with words titled "Hold On" or there is a "Music Only" option.

PS - That was fun and I might be willing to write music for another person with lyrics at some point. I think I'm worn out right now but maybe in a few weeks!

xxlovelyxx

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xbutterfliesx23
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 05:08:29 pm »
lol i recorded myself singing the song too..i will post it later tonight!

everyone liisten to noelle she is great :mrgreen:

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 09:31:21 am »
You both did excellent jobs on the music and lyrics! Very pretty!