Author Topic: Fairweather Friend (lyrics & your thoughts)  (Read 68266 times)

eclv

• Moderators
  • Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Let aka NESSAholic
    • MSN Messenger - Let+B24@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Let+B24
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fair-weather Friends (lyrics & your thoughts)
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 12:36:30 am »
oh my gosh i know i might have said this already if not well someone neeeds to be super awesome and start the music for this and london and the waltz

I don't understand what you are saying.  ???

B

• Captain Awesome
  • Moderators
  • Just looking for some affection
  • Transcending the Possimpible
    • View Profile
    • Nh.com Twitter Page!
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 10:57:14 am »
I'm guessing they mean sheet music. :)
For all you broken hearted lovers lost, go find another one. 'Cause you know time won't wait and you'll be late, white rabbits on the run...

pswik91

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 12:54:40 pm »
sheet music silly lol that's what i mean

iluvvanessa

• Fine as dandelions
    • AOL Instant Messenger - nolitafairytale1
    • View Profile
    • deviant art profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 12:48:42 pm »
Shell never seize to amaze me!
Its such a wonderful song and it made me so happy, idk why, I guess because its a new song and she was sso happy when she talked about it (neuro science is so interesting).
I love the lyrics and references in it. Its amazing

beautyofspeed

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 12:36:36 pm »
"I'm just as clever, it's not technically cheating if I didn't really mean it"

I wonder if that means she cheated too? Plus the bit about the letter, which sounds like a proposal to someone else, I wonder if that actually happened or if it's just for the song?

The lyrics are amazing, I really love this song.

Nessaholic4Ever

• Make me high on lullabies
    • MSN Messenger - none
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 04:09:56 am »

I wonder if that means she cheated too? Plus the bit about the letter, which sounds like a proposal to someone else, I wonder if that actually happened or if it's just for the song?

The lyrics are amazing, I really love this song.

I think, and I'm not sure, but I THINK she's just saying that to make a point, to show him that it goes both ways, that she can cheat too and do the same thing to him. Does that make sense? Not really, I know, lol, but it's the best I can do. Maybe if someone goes to a show and gets the chance to talk to her, they can ask.

I would bet money that the whole letter thing is true. Ever since Harmonium, she's been getting more and more candid and personal with her lyrics.
I waste the days away
Waiting on a new age
But time betrays me
And I get older one more year

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 05:31:14 pm »
"I wanna be your crystal baller
I wanna be your diamond ring
The one I never gave you
And the promise that it brings"

This was written while Stephan was dating Vanessa but was clearly about his ex Charlize Theron, as was the entire Out of the Vein album.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

Heriol

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 07:05:53 pm »
"I wanna be your crystal baller
I wanna be your diamond ring
The one I never gave you
And the promise that it brings"

This was written while Stephan was dating Vanessa but was clearly about his ex Charlize Theron, as was the entire Out of the Vein album.

Omg, that's so sad!
GO V!!!
Those lyrics are awesome. Luv it.
the letter part made me think about my ex bf when he proposed. He used the same verses as he used with his old girl. :(
Heriol

_all_is_well_

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 06:25:57 pm »
LULz... I mean the guys age is REALLY showing...

And yeah I second the Fools Like Me thought. But I really hope it remains the same... I know its stupid but some of her songs sound so amazing raw and I don't like the "unintentional" over production.

i agree, i listen so much more to her live songs from heroes and thieves than the record itself, they are so good they don't really need anything adding to them!

and HA sj. those lyrics are amazing...'it's always easier with freshmen' muah ha ha

I agree with the un-intentional overproduction! But is the freshman thing referring to her flop sophmore alblum? Or am I stupid and its something else?

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009, 10:40:39 pm »

I wonder if that means she cheated too?

I think, and I'm not sure, but I THINK she's just saying that to make a point, to show him that it goes both ways, that she can cheat too and do the same thing to him. Does that make sense? Not really, I know, lol, but it's the best I can do.

Yeah, I think you make sense, beautyofspeed. I think you're saying that she's trying to tell him that if she did the same thing he did, it would still be wrong. Like, let's say, she found out he cheated and she confronts him about it. But he argues back that he didn't have any feelings for the woman he cheated with (he "didn't really mean it") and so what he did shouldn't count as cheating. But then Vanessa's like, "Well, okay, great, now I can have an affair with someone as long as there are no feelings attached. Fair?"

Is that what you were saying? Lol.

I initially was thinking that too BUT, upon further inspection of the lyrics (lol), I think she is saying that she DID cheat. Why? Because of the word didn't in that line. It's past tense, and implies (I think) that it already happened. If she hadn't cheated, but was just just trying to make a point about cheating, she would have instead said "it's not technically cheating if I don't really mean it."

Does that make sense?

charmedguy18

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 10:46:45 pm »
Fuck it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:48:40 pm by charmedguy18 »

amberbeads

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Idledaylight01
    • View Profile
    • http://shameless-selfpromo.blogspot.com
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 09:00:41 am »
LULz... I mean the guys age is REALLY showing...

And yeah I second the Fools Like Me thought. But I really hope it remains the same... I know its stupid but some of her songs sound so amazing raw and I don't like the "unintentional" over production.

i agree, i listen so much more to her live songs from heroes and thieves than the record itself, they are so good they don't really need anything adding to them!

and HA sj. those lyrics are amazing...'it's always easier with freshmen' muah ha ha

I agree with the un-intentional overproduction! But is the freshman thing referring to her flop sophmore alblum? Or am I stupid and its something else?
I'm fairly sure she is referring to college freshmen. The young type that would definitely be down with having sex with Stephan because it's "cool" to sleep with famous people.
*natalie*

at least i can say
i was not afraid
i loved you all the way
i'd pick the fool any day.

me and my piano---tim

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 09:20:39 pm »

I wonder if that means she cheated too?

I think, and I'm not sure, but I THINK she's just saying that to make a point, to show him that it goes both ways, that she can cheat too and do the same thing to him. Does that make sense? Not really, I know, lol, but it's the best I can do.

Yeah, I think you make sense, beautyofspeed. I think you're saying that she's trying to tell him that if she did the same thing he did, it would still be wrong. Like, let's say, she found out he cheated and she confronts him about it. But he argues back that he didn't have any feelings for the woman he cheated with (he "didn't really mean it") and so what he did shouldn't count as cheating. But then Vanessa's like, "Well, okay, great, now I can have an affair with someone as long as there are no feelings attached. Fair?"

Is that what you were saying? Lol.

I initially was thinking that too BUT, upon further inspection of the lyrics (lol), I think she is saying that she DID cheat. Why? Because of the word didn't in that line. It's past tense, and implies (I think) that it already happened. If she hadn't cheated, but was just just trying to make a point about cheating, she would have instead said "it's not technically cheating if I don't really mean it."

Does that make sense?
Stop posting!
You're about to have an ampetamine-induced stroke! lmao

Bitch.

charmedguy18

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2009, 09:29:26 am »
Edit: Fuck that.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 01:48:25 pm by charmedguy18 »

Giuliana

• Make me high on lullabies
  • You think you'll be happy if granted one more wish
    • MSN Messenger - giulianacaminotti@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic.chu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • twitter
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2009, 06:37:00 pm »
What a beautiful song, I loved it(L). Don't you adore how she says Chicago? hahha. I love it. her high notes r incredible... Thanks 4 the lyrics, love them also...
Nessa keep on rocking!!!

Chuls
But the truth is, you'll never need more than this