Author Topic: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion  (Read 665152 times)

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
Re: Vanessa Carlton Twitter: Tweets & Discussion
« Reply #1605 on: February 08, 2012, 02:38:46 pm »
i would like to understand what's happening. could someone tell us why no more video? is bride still the second single? is hear the bells the third single? WHAT'S HAPPENING? please razor and tie or vanessa, tell us.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #1606 on: February 08, 2012, 03:07:55 pm »
There was a first video for "Bride" - not only did Vanessa post pictures herself, but there's a girl who was part of the choir for it who told me they sent a rough edit to her school. She's seen it and said Vanessa looked great. It took place in & around New York with V playing on various pianos and wandering around the city.

Regarding the second video - I'm baffled. It was booked for December, so I'm assuming it got shot? I mean, budgets and all that stuff get sorted way before a video shoot, so...

This is the only thing I can think of - they were counting on V getting nominated for a Grammy, so they had her film a new video (which would be rushed out in time for Grammy season) an build from there. But since there's no Grammy nod, there's no point releasing it? I have no idea.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1607 on: February 08, 2012, 04:13:55 pm »
There was a first video for "Bride" - not only did Vanessa post pictures herself, but there's a girl who was part of the choir for it who told me they sent a rough edit to her school. She's seen it and said Vanessa looked great. It took place in & around New York with V playing on various pianos and wandering around the city.
[/b]
Regarding the second video - I'm baffled. It was booked for December, so I'm assuming it got shot? I mean, budgets and all that stuff get sorted way before a video shoot, so...

This is the only thing I can think of - they were counting on V getting nominated for a Grammy, so they had her film a new video (which would be rushed out in time for Grammy season) an build from there. But since there's no Grammy nod, there's no point releasing it? I have no idea.

Right.  I can tell you I'm a size two but that doesn't make it true.  There was that one picture (that I can remember), and the tour diary mentioned shooting some footage, but it never said for what.  I've just never been convinced, that's all.
I just can't imagine them not doing anything with the video if they have filmed it.  What would be the point of not releasing it if it's done?!  Just doesn't make sense as a whole.

~Sara~

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #1608 on: February 08, 2012, 11:46:29 pm »
[/b]

Right.  I can tell you I'm a size two but that doesn't make it true.  There was that one picture (that I can remember), and the tour diary mentioned shooting some footage, but it never said for what.  I've just never been convinced, that's all.
I just can't imagine them not doing anything with the video if they have filmed it.  What would be the point of not releasing it if it's done?!  Just doesn't make sense as a whole.

Lol. I don't see why the girl would lie, personally. It's Vanessa Carlton, not Lady Gaga - lying about being in a Vanessa video isn't gonna get you any cool points (no offence to Vanessa). I dunno...maybe she was lying, but she told me a bunch of stuff that seemed like she wasn't. *Shrugs*. Artists shoot videos all the time and labels then decide not to use them (Alicia Keys, Jamelia (who has two unreleased videos)). It happens. It doesn't make sense to me either, because they might aswell just put it on iTunes and at least make SOME money from them, but oh well.

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: February 09, 2012, 02:41:57 pm »
Did anyone get this?

Last nite, 1/2 bottle of wine in, I tweetd PRACTICAL MAGIC IS MY LIFE FORCE. But it went to draft folder. I felt relievd...oh wait...sheeeit

lavender skies

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: February 09, 2012, 02:56:59 pm »
Really doubt no grammy nomination had anything to do with it. Let's be real. No one was expecting her to get a grammy nod when her album sold what like 10 k? maybe a little bit more? No disrespect to Vanessa but I'd be extremely surprised if the grammys had anything to do with it.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1611 on: February 09, 2012, 04:15:19 pm »
Did anyone get this?

Last nite, 1/2 bottle of wine in, I tweetd PRACTICAL MAGIC IS MY LIFE FORCE. But it went to draft folder. I felt relievd...oh wait...sheeeit

not until today, via facebook (I rarely check twitter). 
I LOVE the movie, I'm sure that's what she' referring to.  I say, don't be afraid to like practical magic, Vanessa, and don't be afraid of your own magick. <3
~Sara~

beautydivine

• Your true colors shown
  • Thanks for everything, V
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: February 10, 2012, 01:13:33 pm »
This is lush. It also makes you dance when no one is watching. Enjoy, WASHED OUT Call It Off http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJsT9z03ZeI

She must like this band. She's RT them twice. Not bad stuff. I feel like I'm in a gorgeous 80's retro wonderland.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:17:16 pm by pupmagic »

Onyx

• Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: February 11, 2012, 10:01:01 am »
Umm, this is good. Luvd him as Zoo Kid & lurve him now. KING KRULE The Noose of Jah City. He's like 18. Kid no mo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8tYnDNy3uU

Onyx

• Let's make this our story
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: February 12, 2012, 03:25:01 pm »
Whitney was so gorgeous and extraordinary. I'm so sorry to hear what happened. A tragedy for sure. May she rest in peace.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: February 13, 2012, 01:41:48 am »
She's got a new biography.

I used to friend with trees. I had a call.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

fizzybubblespop

• Make me high on lullabies
  • http://i.imgur.com/saOJMlL.png
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: February 13, 2012, 09:36:22 am »
Whitney was so gorgeous and extraordinary. I'm so sorry to hear what happened. A tragedy for sure. May she rest in peace.

Very nicely put. (And finally a non-cryptic tweet! :D)

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #1617 on: February 13, 2012, 11:40:09 am »
Aside from Adele this was the greatest thing about Grammy night. Chipotle ad w/willie nelson. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMfSGt6rHos&feature=player_embedded

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1618 on: February 13, 2012, 01:41:17 pm »
Can anyone decode her new biography, it is a lyric, book quote, bird or plane? ;)

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: February 14, 2012, 06:08:57 am »
Haha I found nothing on google so I doubt it's a famous quote. V's a funny one. I wouldn't be surprised that it was about ecology though. Or maybe her paper letter project was cancelled? i don't know.