Author Topic: Can anyone remember that story...  (Read 2769 times)

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
Can anyone remember that story...
« on: September 24, 2009, 03:36:31 am »
about her performing on some show (I think it was during the 'Harmonium' era) and half-way through the performance they cut her off to go into an ad break, but she decided to carry on finish playing anyway and as a result, she was banned from ever performing there again (don't know if that's still the case)?

What channel was it? She's hilarious.

SylvanHistorian30

• Willing and Able to... Run
  • All I Seem to Feel is Light . . .
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - earl_dominic_18
    • View Profile
    • bishop-myriel43 on deviantART
Re: Can anyone remember that story...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 01:43:29 am »
I think that was the Saturday Early show. I watched the episode on Youtube where she played there, and they cut her off in the middle of a song (Ordinary Day, I think) to go on commercial break. I'm not really sure, though.
Miracles DO happen! =)

View my literary works:
http://bishop-myriel43.deviantart.com/

jeremybfr

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 09:48:00 am »
Here is the video, it happens at 7:50 :( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KopFh-5n8-w

And if you don't want to watch the whole video, check at 6:10, Vanessa is so funny ;D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 09:51:39 am by Jérémy »

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 09:54:08 pm »
Thanks.

I saw it a few weeks ago and that's what sparked this topic off.

She's hilarious. She's in her own world sitting at the piano yapping away at her crew and the host is like "we're back on air". Vanessa: "oh, we are?!". Haha. I heart (she's got me saying that) her.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 10:18:21 pm »
I was at that show.  I wasn't aware of any unpleasantness; she just played out to commercial in one instance and I believe over some credits at the end.  Who said she was banned from the show?

Dan/NS

Martin.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 12:58:08 am »
Well, this was yearssss ago. But I remember reading it on the old official forums. I can't remember who posted the article, but it had Vanessa briefly speaking about it.

I don't think they banned her, but they certainly weren't in a rush to have her back.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 12:50:07 pm »
Well, I was standing behind the camera, say 10-20 ft., and it wasn't one of those situations where there's a floor manager helping to expedite what goes on.  It sounded like the host "threw" to a commercial or another segment but had not.  I totally get why she got confused.  Things like that happen; it's the essence of live television.  I was not there for the very very end.  Unless she upended the piano, I can't imagine why she would not have been invited back.
And although it's a different part of CBS, she did do that "Hands On Me" appearance at the US Open Late Night, way after the Saturday Early Show.

Dan/NS