Author Topic: Impatient  (Read 17112 times)

maag

Re: Impatient
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2009, 04:50:33 am »
I don't mind waiting until spring, and I hope this time she won't play as many new songs as she did the last time. When HaT was released it didn't have almost any new songs for us.

vttmishere

• Make me high on lullabies
  • do it, do it
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2009, 11:10:17 am »
^^^ That's true. But I pray that London and Fair-Weather Friends make the cut to the album ;D And I even think Waltz could be an Intro, who knows? Vanessa likes to experiment new things, maybe she changes the 11 track system :P
'can't fight the force of my young beating heart'

HippieSongBird

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • I can't tell them apart anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2009, 06:07:04 pm »
I think she should do maybe 15-16 songs on the next album, a fine frenzy has done it twice and she's on a label so I see no reason why v can't without a label.
I was stained by a role in a day not my own,
cause I've seen Twilight.

vttmishere

• do it, do it
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2009, 06:36:50 pm »
I think she should do maybe 15-16 songs on the next album, a fine frenzy has done it twice and she's on a label so I see no reason why v can't without a label.
16 songs would be amazing! ;D One of my only complaints about V's albums is that they're too short. You put them to listen and in a second it's over >:(

Well, I'm really really impatient, too. I've been dreaming day and night about this new album and it is for sure the most awaited CD of 2010 for me. I'm not afraid of expecting too much because Vanessa never disappoints.

I'm hoping she'll update us soon with a new year's message, like she usually does.

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 09:14:09 am »
I'm impatient because I want to know about the duct tape question.  Enquirring minds want to know!  This is a very important issue right up there with Homeland Security that can't wait another minute.  ;)

We can defeat the terrorists.

:)

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 07:05:01 pm »
I think V will stick to 11 songs per record. haha.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2009, 12:21:57 pm »
I have this fantasy about Vanessa having a Jason Mraz kind of comeback, even if it’s just with one song; of course she needs a label to do it. I think all of her albums have at least one song with the potential to become a big radio hit, but for some reason they are not released as singles; like “Home”, if they had recorded it with a big orchestra sound (like BNN) and released it as a single with an appropriate promotion, it could have been huge; it is a beautiful song with an universal meaning that anyone who has ever been in love (or has loved anyone so deeply) can relate to. But they had to go with “Nolita Fairytale”, because, you know, a lot of people can relate to things like loosing a record deal, being Stevie Nicks’ BFF and eating at Ruby’s. I just hope that she can find a label for this new album and that they do things right this time (particularly about singles choices and promotion), she doesn’t need to be known as the girl of the traveling piano for ever.

HippieSongBird

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • I can't tell them apart anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 08:37:07 pm »
A Jason Mraz style comeback would be nice, except than everyone would forget ATM, which would be a pity. Even though that would be awkward, it also would not necessarily be a bad thing. I don't know. It's mixed bag.
I was stained by a role in a day not my own,
cause I've seen Twilight.

vttmishere

• do it, do it
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 09:53:09 am »
I have this fantasy about Vanessa having a Jason Mraz kind of comeback, even if it’s just with one song; of course she needs a label to do it. I think all of her albums have at least one song with the potential to become a big radio hit, but for some reason they are not released as singles; like “Home”, if they had recorded it with a big orchestra sound (like BNN) and released it as a single with an appropriate promotion, it could have been huge; it is a beautiful song with an universal meaning that anyone who has ever been in love (or has loved anyone so deeply) can relate to. But they had to go with “Nolita Fairytale”, because, you know, a lot of people can relate to things like loosing a record deal, being Stevie Nicks’ BFF and eating at Ruby’s. I just hope that she can find a label for this new album and that they do things right this time (particularly about singles choices and promotion), she doesn’t need to be known as the girl of the traveling piano for ever.

Since you mentioned wrong choice of singles and not choosing songs with potential, in my opinion the biggest waste was "Private Radio" not having a video and not being released in the rest of the world. It has such a huge potential!

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 11:48:46 am »
Both "Who's To Say" and "Private Radio" (particularly the latter) would have done pretty well as singles had they been released & promoted properley.

Her label should have released "Private Radio" straight after "White Houses" and promoted the hell out of it. We'd have seen a much different situation with 'Harmonium', I believe. I mean, the critics loved it & said it shoulda been a single, radio would have eaten it up and we would have got to see more Vanessa.

Alas, it wasn't meant to be. Part of me is glad of what happened anyway...I kinda like Vanessa being underrated and less known to the masses.

ManuelD

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 02:27:17 pm »
Yeah, "Private Radio" and "Who's to Say" are also good examples of that; but I do understand why they chose "White Houses" as a single. What bothered me was how easily A&M gave up on her, it was like "Oh, her single failed in the charts? Stop all the efforts and promotion for the album! And cancel her record deal!". A couple of years ago someone posted a magazine scan where Vanessa said that she wanted "Who's to Say" to become something like a gay anthem, with a gay video and that; that would have been nice too.  :-[

nessafan_sa

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 07:17:57 pm »
Yeah, everyone that I play private radio to loves it. Another one is hands on me, I dunno why NF was the lead single, I thought HOM would've done so much better.

vttmishere

• do it, do it
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 12:50:15 am »
Yeah, everyone that I play private radio to loves it. Another one is hands on me, I dunno why NF was the lead single, I thought HOM would've done so much better.
I kinda think NF had to be the lead, because it was like the representation of freedom for her, of a new phase.
But I don't understand HOM not doing so well... The song has "hit" written all over it.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 06:50:23 am »
I agree...I think HOM would have done better for the album if it was the first single....NF is just NOT relatible...most people don't even know what 'nolita' is....I only knew because of Vanessa.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 10:14:45 am »
"Hands On Me" bombed because her label couldn't be bothered to promote it. The song itself is great, it just wasn't promoted at all. TV didn't play the video, radio didn't play the song and Vanessa didn't do any TV appearances.

I think the only time she played it on TV during the 'Heroes & Thieves' era was on that show where her piano broke during "Nolita Fairytale".