Author Topic: Anyone else getting PM-spammed to death over at VC.com?  (Read 4350 times)

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
Anyone else getting PM-spammed to death over at VC.com?
« on: February 12, 2010, 01:48:41 pm »
I keep getting notifications that my inbox is full...full of spam, of course.  I don't even want to go over there to see what malware/viruses may be waiting.

Anyone else having this problem?

Dan/NS

tylor2000

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else getting PM-spammed to death over at VC.com?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 03:14:50 pm »
Yes, just ignore them.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 03:17:45 pm »
Yes, I got them too...and at first I thought it was these boards...I went over there(on my work computer hehe) and cleared them out...maybe if we just leave it and let everyones PM box get full, maybe someone will take notice?...but other than the bots(and im sure they have somewhat to do with it) no one even uses those boards anymore.  Her online presence is sad.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

your.dying.wish

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • website
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 06:51:28 pm »
I finally turned off the ability to even receive PMs and unchecked the notification through e-mail option anyways as well. I also respect Vanessa's right to privacy, just because we are infatuated with her product, and her at times, does not mean she is beholden to speak to us in return. Quit being a creepy stalker (^_~)

I wish she would tweet more, tis only reason why I have a twitter account.
I know it's hard to fit in
This puzzle called life
But if we stay along the edges
I think we'll be alright

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 07:02:32 am »
I finally turned off the ability to even receive PMs and unchecked the notification through e-mail option anyways as well. I also respect Vanessa's right to privacy, just because we are infatuated with her product, and her at times, does not mean she is beholden to speak to us in return. Quit being a creepy stalker (^_~)

I wish she would tweet more, tis only reason why I have a twitter account.

I have to disagree....I don't think wanting to know whats up with one of my favorite artists I've been following/supporting for 8 years is creepy or stalkerish.  I've almost given up, but I know as soon as I do shes gonna 'post' 'news'.
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 10:42:28 am »
I don't think we should take any offence in communicating with us more.  I think she is just a type of person I'm starting to call Neo-Amish.  Someone who shuns technogy .  There is a lot of them around where I live.  They are usually yuppies who drive a prius because it proves their point  that technology is bad and will kill you eventually.  It is also bad for the environment because you hurt the tree when you run into it.

The amount of faith varies from person to person.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 11:48:11 am »
I don't think we should take any offence in communicating with us more.  I think she is just a type of person I'm starting to call Neo-Amish.  Someone who shuns technogy .  There is a lot of them around where I live.  They are usually yuppies who drive a prius because it proves their point  that technology is bad and will kill you eventually.  It is also bad for the environment because you hurt the tree when you run into it.

lol i know shes stated this before...but i dunno seems too me that shes in the wrong business if she shuns technology.

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 11:19:14 pm »
As time goes on, it's getting harder and harder to explain away the general cluelessness in regard to VC's public profile.  As longtime fans, we are left totally out of the loop.  No heads up on concerts, appearances, etc., so we can band together like we used to and pump things up.  VC.com becoming spam central is a metaphor for the rest of how she has dealt with many things.  I understand that she is in the midst of recording an album and doing her first self-production, but still.....it is WORK to be a VC fan.

If you look online, you can see Michelle Branch recording a Fleetwood Mac song for an upcoming tribute album...produced by her friend(and Mac member) Stevie Nicks. Hmmmmmm......

That's right, the same Stevie that VC toured with and wrote about in NF.  Is VC contributing to the album?  Would we be told?   Would we see pics from the sessions?

Argh, I feel like I'm reaching the end of my rope here.   Come swing with me.

Dan/NS

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 05:09:46 am »

If you look online, you can see Michelle Branch recording a Fleetwood Mac song for an upcoming tribute album...produced by her friend(and Mac member) Stevie Nicks. Hmmmmmm......

Wow, I hadn't heard of that. That's pretty interesting! That'll really confuse people now who can't tell V and Michelle apart.

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 07:09:21 am »
I saw that as well and wondered if VC had been asked to be apart of it..oh well, it's not like they'd clue us in until there was $$ too be made.

NoelleNC

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Noelle1822
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2010, 12:40:14 pm »
I just decided to look VC up again to see if anything was going on with her. Wow, her website is a total mess. Even if she dislikes technology she should realize in this day and age it's the best way to find and maintain your fanbase. I know she doesn't care about being "famous" per-se, but she could at least respect the fans she does have who are the only real shot she has of continuing making music successfully. If it weren't for this website we would really have nowhere to go because of all the spam on her official site. It's pretty sad. Not to mention, the spam on her site is disgusting and vulgar in many cases....

tylor2000

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 06:49:40 pm »

lol i know shes stated this before...but i dunno seems too me that shes in the wrong business if she shuns technology.

I'm glad you could appreciate my humor.  :)  I was mostly kidding.  Except the part of calling some people Neo-Amish.  It comes from me asking one person if he was Amish as part of a larger conversation.  The reaction was funny.

I don't think you need to be that tech-savy to be a musician.  But I'm just poking fun.  Does VC use electricity?