Author Topic: Tori Amos  (Read 23540 times)

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
Tori Amos
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2007, 04:50:22 am »
Me me meeee
I think I posted in this thread somewhere, a long time ago...

I am a Toriphile :lol:
Listening to 'Marianne' right now, and next up is SATY, my all time favorite.

I'm still a big fan and will get the new album when it comes out.

~~ By the way, if you really live in Utrecht, you're wicked close to me!
 8O

• SHUT  UP  when  I'm  talking  to  you... !
 You  hear  me?  ANSWER  me !! •

Zloska_of_yy

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • MSN Messenger - ernstkuiper@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - yesteryearzloska
    • View Profile
Tori Amos
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2007, 05:17:58 am »
Hell yeah, I'm just around the corner  :D

But anyhoo, I have so many favourite songs that it would take too long to list them all.

However, Not the Red Baron is definitely somewhere in the top 5. I don't know why but I love that song. And it's not because she mentions the Dutch language  8)
"If it all went away, nothing left to say, oh would you fight it or would you lay down."

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
Tori Amos
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2007, 05:22:46 am »
Quote from: "Zloska_of_yy"
Hell yeah, I'm just around the corner  :D

But anyhoo, I have so many favourite songs that it would take too long to list them all.

However, Not the Red Baron is definitely somewhere in the top 5. I don't know why but I love that song. And it's not because she mentions the Dutch language  8)

I know, she made a LOT of wicked cool songs
Too many to mention ;)

The first time I heard her mentioning Dutch, I rewound (yeah, I think it was still a casette, lmao) and played it again.. and again and again, and again and ...
:lol:
Too cool

Hey, very off topic and in Dutch:
ken jij de musical Wicked?
En hou je van voetbal?
En ben je man of vrouw?
lol
Ik ben nieuwsgierig

Zloska_of_yy

• View Profile
Tori Amos
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2007, 05:36:59 am »
English first:

I have tried and tried but I can't figure out what the two guys are saying in that song (anyone else know). I read somewhere they were talking about a new microphone and Tori somehow picked it up and asked what language they were talking in (What language?). They said Dutch and asked whether they should continue in English. Her response: No, Dutch. Then she basically thought up the entire song based on the fact that the voices resembled voices from pilots. Anyone know whether this is true? I think it's so cool that she just made a song out of thin air.

En nu in Nederlands:

Om even al je vragen te beantwoorden:

Ik ben een man, ondanks de lompe naam (die is mij toebedeeld, don't ask)
ik ben geen groot fan van voetbal, bij WKs en EKs vind ik het wel leuk om te kijken (zo nationalistisch ben ik dan wel), maar verder houdt ik het niet bij. Zelf doen is een slecht idee in mijn geval, ik bak er niets van.
De musical Wicked ken ik niet, nooit van gehoord. Hoezo?
Nog meer vragen? :)
"If it all went away, nothing left to say, oh would you fight it or would you lay down."

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
Tori Amos
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2007, 05:47:41 am »
This is what I read:
When Tori performed live in Den Haag in March this year I managed to speak to Marcel van Limbeek, who assisted in the recording of the CD. The story is as follows: during the recording of the CD, “Red baron” was one of those one-take tracks. They were actually testing a new mike, as an other one had broken down. Marcel and Rob were talking about technical stuff through walkie-talkies. (Are they called that where you live?) They were just discussing the sound level and the compression or something like that.

Somehow, Tori picked up the talking in her headphones and asked what language they were using. Marcel replied “Dutch”, and asked if they should stop talking. Tori motioned to them to go on, however, and Marcel asked if they should talk in English. Tori answers: “No, Dutch”, which is what you hear on the recording.

So exactly the same as what you said...

Also

Haha
 ~ Lompe naam? Nou wil ik het weten ook! ;)
~ Jammer. Ik ben (door m'n vriend) een heel klein beetje in het voetbal wereldje gerold, FC Utrecht, voornamelijk!
~ Dat komt door dat gedicht van jou ' tin men and witches'. De musical waar ik het over had, is het verhaal voordat Dorothy in Oz kwam, hoe het ging met de twee heksen enzo. Is een hele goeie musical, en ik ben een beetje verliefd op de stem van de groene heks, gespeeld door Idina Menzel :D
Maarre, ik heb alweer genoeg geblahblah-ed LOL!

Nog meer vragen, uhmmm... nu even niet, haha ... jij?
Dank je wel voor het reageren
ik zal je verder niet lastigvallen ;)

Zloska_of_yy

• View Profile
Tori Amos
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2007, 06:02:50 am »
Sorry for the non-Dutch people around here, but

grappig van die musical, ik had er nog nooit van gehoord, maar de link met de wizard of Oz is idd snel gemaakt met die titels.
Over die naam. Tja een zusje van een vriendin van mij had de neiging om iedereen Russische namen te geven en dus werd ik Zloska. Toendertijd was ik een boek aan het lezen (catch-22, goed boek) en daarin stond iets van "where are the Snowdens of yesteryear", dus omdat het mijn favoriete boek was maakte ik mijn nickname Zloska of yy waar yy yesteryear betekent. Niets ergs aan, toch?
Alleen dat zusje was een beetje raar en bedacht een heel raar verhaal over de naam Zloska en dat dat de naam was van een lichaamsdeel van haar(mannelijk lichaamsdeel) dat het niet meer deed. Dus.......tja.
Toen was ik niet zo blij meer met de bijnaam Zloska. Ik ben alleen te lui om hem te veranderen.

Maar jij, jij bent vrouwelijk neem ik aan? Gezien de vriend. Niet dat dat alles zegt natuurlijk maar ja. Ken jij toevallig nog andere goeie muzikanten heb nieuwe input nodig. Ik denk dat je redelijk dezelfde smaak hebt als ik, gezien je op dit forum rondstruint en reageert op een thread over  Tori Amos.

Nu weer terug aan het werk. Ben al zo productief vandaag  :?

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
Tori Amos
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2007, 06:14:15 am »
Quote from: "Zloska_of_yy"
Sorry for the non-Dutch people around here, but

grappig van die musical, ik had er nog nooit van gehoord, maar de link met de wizard of Oz is idd snel gemaakt met die titels.
Over die naam. Tja een zusje van een vriendin van mij had de neiging om iedereen Russische namen te geven en dus werd ik Zloska. Toendertijd was ik een boek aan het lezen (catch-22, goed boek) en daarin stond iets van "where are the Snowdens of yesteryear", dus omdat het mijn favoriete boek was maakte ik mijn nickname Zloska of yy waar yy yesteryear betekent. Niets ergs aan, toch?
Alleen dat zusje was een beetje raar en bedacht een heel raar verhaal over de naam Zloska en dat dat de naam was van een lichaamsdeel van haar(mannelijk lichaamsdeel) dat het niet meer deed. Dus.......tja.
Toen was ik niet zo blij meer met de bijnaam Zloska. Ik ben alleen te lui om hem te veranderen.

Maar jij, jij bent vrouwelijk neem ik aan? Gezien de vriend. Niet dat dat alles zegt natuurlijk maar ja. Ken jij toevallig nog andere goeie muzikanten heb nieuwe input nodig. Ik denk dat je redelijk dezelfde smaak hebt als ik, gezien je op dit forum rondstruint en reageert op een thread over  Tori Amos.

Nu weer terug aan het werk. Ben al zo productief vandaag  :?

:lol:
Wel, ik vind het best een ...interessante naam, hoor.. lol

Yep, ik ben vrouw.. ik struin al een tijdje rond op dit forum, en voordat deze bestond, zeten we (met de 'harde kern' van dit forum) op het originele forum van VC

en andere muzikanten, hmm
Mijn smaak is erg uit een lopend, ik vind nogal veel muziek stromen leuk.

De meeste "nieuwe" artiesten zuigen dikke ass, dus dat is niks

Als je een klein beetje in de trant van Tori wil blijven,
wat ik leuk vind is
Lisa Loeb
en ook Fiona Apple, hmmm what else
Het eerdere werk van Jewel

Ik weet even niet meer

oh ja, en de soundtrack van Wicked, dan...  :D

Ik ga ook maar weer eens aan het werk, ik heb best veel te doen.. maar absoluut geen zin om het te doen, haha! :roll:

Zloska_of_yy

• View Profile
Tori Amos
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2007, 06:20:32 am »
Gelukkig iemand die de huidige artiesten ook niets vind. Ik luister echt totaal niets meer van de top 40 muziek. Het grootste gedeelte is toch gangsta rap of R&B, twee dingen waar ik een gruwelijke hekel aan heb.

Fiona Apple ken ik, tenminste haar laatste cd, en die vind ik erg goed. Haar eerdere cd's zou ik een keer moeten checken.
Lisa Loeb zegt me wel wat, maar heb er nog nooit naar geluisterd en Jewel heb ik geboycot na die ene cd (ik luister het nog heel soms).
Ik ga wel even die musical googlen waar je het over had.
Bedankt voor de tips iig.

Si

• Fine as dandelions
  • Down a Rabbithole
    • View Profile
Tori Amos
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2007, 06:33:04 am »
De echte gangsta rap vind ik wel heel goed, maar dan moet het niet van die fucking commerciele shit zijn, dat is echt belachelijk

Haha, zeker die ene dans cd van Jewel, die vond ik ook echt niet goed!
Vandaar dat ik ook zei 'het eerdere werk'

Luister eens naar een paar liedjes (ook eerdere werk, het nieuwere werk, als dat er als is, heb ik nog niet gehoord, dus weet niet of dat hetzelfde is, of totaal anders, net als met Jewel) van Lisa Loeb, online ofzo.
Ik vind het heel erg goed, en erg lekker om naar te luisteren!

Veel plezier ;)

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tori Amos
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2007, 04:01:19 am »
Hey they've begun playing "Big Wheel" on radio stations around here... and its a kinda "catchy" tune... tooo

Tho the lyrics "I am a M-I-L-F...Dont you forget" is a little scary...
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

PianoGirl4444

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shannonthomas.net
    • Email
Tori Amos
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2007, 08:04:24 am »
I got the album a couple days ago...haven't listened to it enough to have favorites yet, but I'm really enjoying it.  You should go to her website & read her bio, which explains the concept of the album.  It's very interesting.  She really inspires me to think outside the box!
Cross paths with what you used to have. You've gotta learn that you've gotta earn
The fantasy
:: shannonthomas.net ::

carterrocks

• View Profile
Tori Amos
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2007, 05:02:47 am »
I love TORI AMOS!!!!  There doesn't seem to be much discussion about ADP...

Jessica

• VCUBs
  • You aren't tryin'
  • holly golightly meets vampira goth
    • AOL Instant Messenger - strongxlikemusic
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/jessicacordero
Tori Amos
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2007, 11:59:14 pm »
did anyone go to her LA show last night??!!

i waited 10 years to see her and yesterday was my first night!! she is A-mazing.
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy"
-Ludwig van Beethoven

Journey_to

• Make me high on lullabies
    • View Profile
Tori Amos
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2007, 04:14:05 am »
Quote from: "Jessica"

i waited 10 years to see her and yesterday was my first night!! she is A-mazing.

I'm a casual fan of hers and am curious about the experience..Does she interact well with her audience?What kind of vibe does she have while performing?

Emmyspiano

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EmilyRMiller89
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/imaginationplayground
    • Email
Tori Amos
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2007, 07:43:45 am »
Quote from: "Journey_to"
Quote from: "Jessica"

I'm a casual fan of hers and am curious about the experience..Does she interact well with her audience?What kind of vibe does she have while performing?

Tori is an ammmazing preformer! I don't think she chats much during her shows, nor does she explain what they are about. I read she dosn't like to explain her songs. Anyway, she basically humps her piano and dances while playing. Since it's the American Doll Posse tour she dresses as one of the dolls in the first half and in the second half she is herself (which meant she worse a hot ass purple sequin jump suit)  I LOVE her improv. When I saw her in October she did this song about there being a man in the ladies room and he was on his cellphone saying "I gotta spank that ass!"  She is VERY entertaining to watch, and worth all the money you spend on seeing her.

Spank Your Ass --
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EbvUHVhhLA0
And if you don't believe me just put your hands on me
I see the dalai lama, I feel him blessing me