Author Topic: Finally another Vanessa update, She's printing the album to vinyl!!!  (Read 12152 times)

nosticker

• Your true colors shown
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DanTVFish
    • View Profile
Re: Finally another Vanessa update, She's printing the album to vinyl!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 01:36:19 pm »
No way on earth is she NOT doing physical CD's and downloads.  I do like vinyl.  It has its issues, but so many modern CD's sound like sh**.  Smashed, limited, over-compressed....arrggghhh!  Vanessa's sound pretty good, though, thanks to Emily Lazar, the mastering engineer for H&T as well as Harmonium, I believe.  Sometimes the vinyl can sound better...the Chili Pepper's Stadium Arcadium is an example, because it was a completely different mastering job for the vinyl, whereas sometimes the LP is simply cut from the digital master.

Yes, I know this is geeky.

Dan/NS

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 09:46:36 pm »
I know it's a random thing to say, but I just remembered V had mentioned Steve Osborn before on her Twitter account. I looked up who is he, and I found out that he had worked before with KT Tunstall. Coincidence that V is now working on KT's studio or has she managed to track Steve down? Just a thought.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2010, 03:11:56 am »
Yeah Steve Osborne worked on KT's first two albums and those are amazing. Sadly the third one won't be that good :( but she didn't work with him I believe. I actually would find it weird if Vanessa actually recorded a lot of her album in KT's studio because all time she spent in the UK, basically KT was in the US. Well I don't know but I NEED infos about "Rabbits" :):)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 04:01:36 am »
Well, we need the same thing. Can't wait for her next tweet.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Lyris

• Willing and Able to... Run
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 10:20:04 am »
so many modern CD's sound like sh**.  Smashed, limited, over-compressed....arrggghhh! 
+1. So many of them are like noise.