Author Topic: Kean University - 10.09.10  (Read 27318 times)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: Kean University - 10/09/2010
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2010, 01:45:58 am »
carousel is absoultely gorgeous <3 i can see why this would be a spring album. i don't wanna be a bride.... spring feeling. carousel... during the spring at a carnival. walking the streets of london when the flowers start to bloom and trees are coming alive fair weather friends.. obviously has the feeling of the weather getting nice =) call me crazy but that's what i thought of... i just want it out now haha. but i'll waittt.

I couldn't agree more.  :D  Carousel is BEAUTIFUL.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Arwen

• I'd Walk A Thousand Miles...
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2010, 01:47:59 am »
Thank you so much for the recordings! They are awesome! Carousel is amazing!

ILoveHanson

• You aren't tryin'
    • AOL Instant Messenger - HansonGirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2010, 02:16:55 am »
thanks for re-uploading them, kulp. i'd never done this before so i didn't know which site was best.
*Nicole*

I'm always on the move, my heart is always on the mend

www.twitter.com/hansongirl
www.last.fm/user/ILoveHanson

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2010, 02:25:27 am »
woah woah woah, one listen to carousel and i love it. Thanx so much!!!!!
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

vttmishere

• Make me high on lullabies
  • do it, do it
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2010, 12:40:26 pm »
I'm so confused why adding these to my ipod isn't working...

yeah, theres something wrong with the files you uploaded.
I have to download from the link's Nicole gave, .....which will take me like 5 days to download because she used RapidShare instead of say..Mediafire for example...

however, the files do work in windows media player for some reason, thank God, so I can listen until I can finish downloading from rapidshare.

Thanks, Nicole for the recordings <3 you're amazing!!  ;D

got 'em all now, all on my ipod, yay! =)
Not sure what happened, but it worked just fine for some friends and at least 10 people who downloaded and scrobbled them on last.fm. They are the same files that user uploaded here, the only thing I did was edit the tags. And add a cover :D
'can't fight the force of my young beating heart'

mysticalmists

• LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2010, 03:23:11 pm »
Ahh I'm still holding out to hear the album in completion, so I haven't listened to "Carousel" plus the other new ones ...I can't wait though!! Sounds like it'll be a brilliant album!! ;D COME ON SPRING (well for me, autumn xD) 2011 ALREADY!!! Thanks for sharing - I'll send the links to my other VC friends! ;)

nutnlp

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2010, 04:18:36 pm »
THANKS EVERYONE! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
..is rushing to pack his bags and take a trip to egypt like the average person does!!!

sabasaba

« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2010, 11:48:06 pm »
Thank you, thank you, thank you, everyone! Especially Nicole!

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2010, 05:23:15 am »
Thank you for sharing that with us. You rock =)

LOVE the new song, "Carousel" is epic. I love all of the songs. I have the feeling that "Rabbits" will be a spring version of "Harmonium" which was more of a fall/winter album. Can't wait. This will be huge.

I was a bit surprised that she really sings "from London to Tennessee" in "Bride" - I was convinced that it was a one time thing when she sung it in Nashville. I was expecting something like "NYC", but "Tennessee" is nice =)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2010, 07:02:13 am »
LOVE the new song, "Carousel" is epic. I love all of the songs. I have the feeling that "Rabbits" will be a spring version of "Harmonium" which was more of a fall/winter album. Can't wait. This will be huge.

I agree. There's something Harmonium-ish in ROTR. Maybe it's the rawness and the uniqueness of every song. If the songs already sound great live, I'm pretty excited to hear what they are going to sound like with strings and all.

I wonder what the record would sound like, especially there is no Jenkins involved now.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

vttmishere

• do it, do it
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2010, 09:10:00 am »
I have the feeling that "Rabbits" will be a spring version of "Harmonium" which was more of a fall/winter album. Can't wait. This will be huge.

I was a bit surprised that she really sings "from London to Tennessee" in "Bride" - I was convinced that it was a one time thing when she sung it in Nashville. I was expecting something like "NYC", but "Tennessee" is nice =)
Yeah, I also get the feeling it's gonna be a pretty intense and intimate album, as Vanessa herself twitted. I really can't wait anymore, I've been dreaming about this album since 2009...

I thought that, too! But I like that it's actually Tennessee LOL
'can't fight the force of my young beating heart'

sabasaba

« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2010, 10:09:53 am »

I agree. There's something Harmonium-ish in ROTR. Maybe it's the rawness and the uniqueness of every song. If the songs already sound great live, I'm pretty excited to hear what they are going to sound like with strings and all.

I wonder what the record would sound like, especially there is no Jenkins involved now.

I agree completely about sensing a bit of a Harmonium-esque vibe in this album and everything else you mentioned! As I mentioned before, the classical/Victorian-esque essence of her new music also reminds me a lot of Harmonium. This makes me super happy as it's my favorite album!

sobriquet. I always find myself agreeing with almost everything you say!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2010, 02:51:08 pm »

I agree completely about sensing a bit of a Harmonium-esque vibe in this album and everything else you mentioned! As I mentioned before, the classical/Victorian-esque essence of her new music also reminds me a lot of Harmonium. This makes me super happy as it's my favorite album!

sobriquet. I always find myself agreeing with almost everything you say!

The last line made me smile. Always a weird coincidence, saba. Maybe a long lost twin? (:

HearMyBells

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
  • So you can put your weapons down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2010, 02:59:27 pm »
Well I hope it's a spring version Heroes & Thieves cause it's the BETTER ALBUM. K i'm done lol : )

sabasaba

« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2010, 09:20:16 pm »
Well I hope it's a spring version Heroes & Thieves cause it's the BETTER ALBUM. K i'm done lol : )

While it isn't my absolute favorite record, I do agree that it is an amazing, albeit different, one. It's definitely more upbeat than everything she had previously done. I kind of see it as her 'coming-of-age' album, especially as it was recorded during such a transitional period of her life, what with breaking things off with Stephan, finally finding "home" in NoLita, getting her flair and passion back thanks to being on the road with Stevie, and just generally finding and recollecting herself as both a person and an artist. That's what I love about Heroes & Thieves, getting that sense that she has grown and matured as an artist and is finally at ease with the way things have turned out in her life and career. Personally, the raw and organic feel of Harmonium, as well as it's darker mood, appeals more to me. I'd say Be Not Nobody is my least favorite record - not because it isn't any good, it is, but mainly because it serves as the album that introduced me to Vanessa, not necessarily one I can over-analyze or get into great detail about as it kind of lacks substance...but that's just my opinion.