Author Topic: Composers?  (Read 2110 times)

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
Composers?
« on: August 29, 2010, 06:12:30 pm »
Yes, I know that songwriters and singers can be considered composers as long as they create their own songs (music, lyrics, accompaniments, etc.), but I'm referring to instrumentalists and orchestra composers.  Does anyone know of any? So far I only have a few (and they're all anime/video game-related).  I'm trying to find something less... Japanese. Classically influenced ones would be appreciated, too. ^^;
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: Composers?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 08:23:38 pm »
Maksim Mrvica and Yiruma.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

star2b711

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
  • ☮ ♥ VC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 09:07:53 am »
Eric Whitacre is a composer for both choral and instrumental orchestras.  His music is truly beautiful and AMAZING!  He is relatively young so if you're looking for some classical music that has a bit of a modern twist I'd suggest giving some of his stuff a listen :)

Patricius

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Lo hice; se lo hizo. ¿Seré encontrado?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 06:14:23 pm »
Huh... Yiruma is South Korean.  I put him in the wrong iTunes folder then. :/  Thanks, though, I already had 4 of his songs. ^^;  I listened to Eric Whitacre's Sleep, and I have a big hunch that I'll like his music. :-D
"The road is ahead of us, so let's start out today...The people and the friends that we have lost, or the dreams that have faded... Never forget them."

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 08:24:10 am »
Oh Yiruma... I can play "When the love falls" on the piano.