Author Topic: How you want/imagine "Rabbits"  (Read 16877 times)

Rabbits_on_the_run

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
How you want/imagine "Rabbits"
« on: November 25, 2010, 06:09:42 am »
Tracklist, cover, production... how do you imagine the new album to be like??

I think the album won't have the usual 11 tracks but 12 or 10. I don't know why... maybe because I have this feeling that the album will be released independently and will be entirely produced by Vanessa :) I also think the album will be mostly raw, piano, guitar and the choir voices. Like I said in a previous post I imagine "Rabbits" being a spring version of Harmonium which was more of a fall/winter album so we probably won't have songs as depressing as the songs on the second half of "Harmonium" but stuff like "San Fran" etc. About the cover art, I assume we already know the font that will be used which is the one on her website. I expect to see rabbits everywhere on the blooket, maybe even a real on the cover which I hope will be a photo and not a drawing... Ahah thanks for reading but that means nothing, it's just wishful thinking...

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: How you want/imagine "Rabbits"
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 06:22:06 am »
I agree with you. But I hope there would be more than 12 tracks in this album.

And I can't wait to hear the children's choir singing as back up in her songs. That would be hauntingly epic.

And I also think that ROTR would also contain some 'dark' songs, I'd like to call them. We already have TTFS, so I guess there would be songs of similar sound in the rest of the album.

And album art? I'm visualizing something like in the HAT, but of green, lavender, and blue color combination. I guess that'd reflect the spring feel. And I can't wait to see the pictures. I guess they'd be like these candid shots that are more raw and less studio-ey.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 06:35:21 am »
As for the album art. i think it will be like the art in the web site. And i really like it. I expect it to be minimallistic, im ok if it just whites, blacks and greys, and i dont expect any pictures (maybe a V pic), i like the drawings :D I definitely would not like to see a real pictures of a rabbit...that would be kinda meh. I really like all that typographic and gallygraphic stuff she's been doing so, I'm quite excited :D
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 07:32:41 am »
Thanks guys for your ideas =)

If there will be dark songs à la TTFS it's far from being as despressing as "She Floats" for exemple, in my opinion. Well I LOVE the dark songs, to me "All Is Well" is one too but I don't see it fitting in the record but I'd die to have a studio recording of it =)

Any ideas about the tracklist? I'd love to have "Carousel" as the closing track of the record and I won't be surprised if it is. The line "rabbits on the run" has to close the record =) =) I love it when albums end with up-tempo songs and close the record when you don't really expect it like in "Carousel"

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 03:36:06 pm »
I agree. "Carousel" closing the album would be great. But if she does choose it as the last, I think V ought to start the album with equally up-tempo song.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 04:12:06 pm »
i could see the album cover looking something like this:

only it'd be vanessa with a rabbit running ahead into its' hole. and there'd be a tree instead of a house perhaps. something like that anyway.

craft

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 04:31:57 pm »

only it'd be vanessa with a rabbit running ahead into its' hole. and there'd be a tree instead of a house perhaps. something like that anyway.

Oh boy, I hope not. I love Kate Nash, but I can't picture Vanessa doing an album cover like that. For Kate Nash's song style, the album cover works, but for someone with deep, cryptic lyrics like Vanessa's, the cover would be more metaphorical than what Kate does.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 01:34:29 am »

Oh boy, I hope not. I love Kate Nash, but I can't picture Vanessa doing an album cover like that. For Kate Nash's song style, the album cover works, but for someone with deep, cryptic lyrics like Vanessa's, the cover would be more metaphorical than what Kate does.

I agree. An album art that would suit the kind of music V makes is something un-bubbly, but more of the artsy.

Martin.

• Keepin' secrets at midnight
  • Connected to a million stars and lights.
    • View Profile
    • Sworn Under An Oath To War
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 02:38:02 am »
i guess.

i suggested v dress as superwoman & a pirate for the 'heroes & thieves' cover. kidding!!!

Rabbits_on_the_run

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 08:07:31 am »
I've been looking for Vanessa's pictures on google and found this one : Couldn't say for sure that it actually is V but you'll get my idea anyway. I'd love a picture like that as the album cover, black and white. Then I would add a few rabbits running in the field and the name of the album and of the artist in white letters =) Oh and why not the shape of a piano on the ground, not a drawing but a shadow.

And here's my tracklist ;) :

1. Rabbits On The Run
2. Tall Tales For Spring
3. Fair-Weathered Friend
4. Best Behaviour
5. London
6. Instrumental
7. March 21st
8. Faster
9. Moneymaker
10. Irv Gotti's TV show song =)
11. I Don't Want To Be A Bride
12. Carousel

Deluxe edition bonus track :

13. All Is Well
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 08:33:21 am by Rabbits_on_the_run »

barefootonbeaches

• Make me high on lullabies
  • Are the echoes coming back to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 12:48:20 pm »
I think a black and white cover would suit this album. I would also love if she put "Waltz" on there! Or other instrumentals. Don't get me wrong, V, is a great lyricist and singer, but I would also love some instrumental versions of her songs, like "Half a Week Before The Winter." I love the piano-only version that she plays live with the introduction and everything.
I have a really cool The Fray gif that I would like to put here, but I don't know how. :(

Fred_Saboya

• You aren't tryin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 05:37:46 pm »
i wouldn't like the idea of having a song called Rabbits On The Run. albums don't have to be called with songs names. and we already have the sentence "white rabbits on the run" in Carousel, so...

i think the tracklist can be something like

~Rabbits On The Run~

1. Fair-Weather Friends
2. I Don't Wanna Be A Bride
3. Tall Tales For Spring
4. Moneymaker
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?
10. London
11. Carousel

i also would like if it had like 4 countries with differents bonus track.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 05:52:43 pm by Fred_Saboya »

Weisz

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 05:34:54 am »
Rabbits_on_the_run, of course that is V, haven't u watched White Houses video? :)

I would love and instrumental track, i think she creates awesome melodies. In her case, lyrics can not be always necessary cause some melodies are just perfect on their own.
It's just me....and a drum. brmbrmbrmbrmbrbbrbrbrmmm

Still stars through a window, will they ever know this madness, madness of the

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2010, 05:41:36 am »
I would love and instrumental track, i think she creates awesome melodies. In her case, lyrics can not be always necessary cause some melodies are just perfect on their own.

I agree. An instrumental alone can be awesome.

And here's my tracklist ;) :

1. Rabbits On The Run
2. Tall Tales For Spring
3. Fair-Weathered Friend
4. Best Behaviour
5. London
6. Instrumental
7. March 21st
8. Faster
9. Moneymaker
10. Irv Gotti's TV show song =)
11. I Don't Want To Be A Bride
12. Carousel

Deluxe edition bonus track :

13. All Is Well

Where did you get those titles? Are those pure imagination or something? If it is, I would say that I like your thinking.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 07:31:17 am »
Ok. There isn't gonna be a song named Rabbits on the Run. DUH.

(I'm gonna have to unroll my eyes if there is one though. :P)

I am really looking forward to the album art. I am so sure she is at her canvas doing that as we speak. Making rabbits every where. It's gonna be nice and gothic and ZOMG-like! The kinda art that I'm gonna be staring at over and over again a la Where's Waldo but more or less looking for Rabbits :P

What I am looking forward to is what the first track is gonna be cos like knowing her and if she is following a trend, the first single isn't any of the songs we know right now. It's gonna be something like totally unheard.

Anticipation is killing me!
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...