Author Topic: Is Vanessa a Vegetarian?  (Read 8302 times)

Giuliana

• Make me high on lullabies
  • You think you'll be happy if granted one more wish
    • MSN Messenger - giulianacaminotti@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic.chu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • twitter
    • Email
Is Vanessa a Vegetarian?
« on: January 12, 2011, 02:45:19 pm »
Hey guys, I know that Vanessa is really concerned about the environment, she recycles and the furnitures in her house are from a special type of wood, also she was part of the Cape Farewell. She even participated in various Peta campaigns (with Lord Victors LOLz, she's awesome), including the Animal Birth Control Campaign.

So my question is, Is Vanessa a vegetarian? Because I've read many websites which confirm she is, but I've never heard it coming from her, so if anyone has info on this subject I'd be grateful if you could share.

Anyway, best wishes!
xx
But the truth is, you'll never need more than this

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Is Vanessa a Vegetarian?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 05:13:57 pm »
Hey guys, I know that Vanessa is really concerned about the environment, she recycles and the furnitures in her house are from a special type of wood, also she was part of the Cape Farewell. She even participated in various Peta campaigns (with Lord Victors LOLz, she's awesome), including the Animal Birth Control Campaign.

So my question is, Is Vanessa a vegetarian? Because I've read many websites which confirm she is, but I've never heard it coming from her, so if anyone has info on this subject I'd be grateful if you could share.

Anyway, best wishes!
xx

Seems like she would be, but I have never heard..
~Sara~

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 10:47:07 pm »
it wouldnt surprise me if she was. i have no surces other than my head though. lol.

sabasaba

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 10:17:49 am »
She used to be, but I don't think she is anymore. I read an interview of hers from a  few years ago and she talked about eating steak and chorizo, which is pork. Can't be too sure, though.

Here's the link:
http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2007/11/singersongwriter_vanessa_carlt_1.html

Giuliana

• You think you'll be happy if granted one more wish
    • MSN Messenger - giulianacaminotti@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nessaholic.chu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • twitter
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 09:45:49 pm »
She used to be, but I don't think she is anymore. I read an interview of hers from a  few years ago and she talked about eating steak and chorizo, which is pork. Can't be too sure, though.

Here's the link:

That's useful. Thank you very much!
& everyone who answered!
But the truth is, you'll never need more than this

OPENROAD

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 09:52:39 pm »

Here's the link:

Hey great article, thanks for the link, looking at the photos of Ruby's, it looks a pretty cool place. Nice to have an image of the place  :)
Never too late to change the pace
oh how the days creep up on you
but the goodness is something you don't have to chase
cause its following you

sabasaba

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 10:42:06 pm »
She used to be, but I don't think she is anymore. I read an interview of hers from a  few years ago and she talked about eating steak and chorizo, which is pork. Can't be too sure, though.

Here's the link:

Hey great article, thanks for the link, looking at the photos of Ruby's, it looks a pretty cool place. Nice to have an image of the place  :)

I've actually been to Ruby's. It was delicious. The actual place is super tiny - I posted a picture at the bottom - but cozy. The kitchen is the size of a bathroom cubicle, and it's visible so you can actually see your food being made.

Here's a picture of Ruby's from the inside.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:50:48 pm by Saba »

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 10:55:37 pm »
She used to be, but I don't think she is anymore. I read an interview of hers from a  few years ago and she talked about eating steak and chorizo, which is pork. Can't be too sure, though.

Here's the link:

Hey great article, thanks for the link, looking at the photos of Ruby's, it looks a pretty cool place. Nice to have an image of the place  :)

I've actually been to Ruby's; it's one of my favorite eateries in NYC. Would you believe they have the best burger that I've ever had? It was delicious. In fact, so was their spaghetti, pumpkin salad, and nearly everything they had. The actual place is super tiny - I posted a picture at the bottom - but cozy. The kitchen is the size of a bathroom cubicle, and it's visible so you can actually see your food being made.

You are making me hungry lol  ;D  

Its cool that you can see them preparing the food.

Have to make it over there someday  :)

Edit: Just looking at the review of Ruby's and it says that the nearest subway stop is Spring Street, is this Vanessas  Spring Street?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 11:00:48 pm by OPENROAD »
cause its following you

sabasaba

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 12:49:03 am »

Here's the link:

I've actually been to Ruby's; it's one of my favorite eateries in NYC. Would you believe they have the best burger that I've ever had? It was delicious. In fact, so was their spaghetti, pumpkin salad, and nearly everything they had. The actual place is super tiny - I posted a picture at the bottom - but cozy. The kitchen is the size of a bathroom cubicle, and it's visible so you can actually see your food being made.

You are making me hungry lol  ;D  

Its cool that you can see them preparing the food.

Have to make it over there someday  :)

Edit: Just looking at the review of Ruby's and it says that the nearest subway stop is Spring Street, is this Vanessas  Spring Street?

Yes, it is. Ruby's is actually in Vanessa's NoLita neighborhood, on Mulberry Street, which is not too far from Spring Street. You should check out Balthazar - on Spring Street - as well, it's across the street from the Starbucks that Vanessa gets her morning coffee from.

sarab

• You never thought it'd hurt so bad
  • Wolves howl to a moon and she never answers back
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 04:39:09 am »
I just love learning new (to me) stuff about her (and realizing we have some things in common)!  I've got to make it to NYC to check out all these places and maybe catch a glimpse!
~Sara~

mysticalmists

• LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 08:47:07 pm »
Wow, thanks for the link!! So amazing, I just got back from New York, and of course had to visit NoLita!! My sister and I went to Ruby's and Spring Street, and we also found out the place where she filmed part of "Nolita Fairytale", as well as the place where they smashed up the piano at the beginning..we were hoping irrationally to see V, but I guess she was in Arizona then :P I agree with Saba, the food at Ruby's is really really good..and also, found it even more awesome cause it's Australian, like I am! ;D

Here's a photo of Spring Street station + Ruby's from the outside (excuse the white circle, I deleted myself from the pic ;) Also apologies that the pictures are so big..)

If only I'd read this article earlier, I could've had a "Vanessa" day and done all the things on the list :P

AisforAdrn

• Your true colors shown
  • Boots on concrete...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 09:22:25 pm »
I loved Ruby's when I visited the city. Thankfully, this was already post-Vanessa obsession so I knew what I was doing on my trip there haha. I ate there twice!!

Peace
Adriann

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 01:52:20 am »
We also found out the place where she filmed part of "Nolita Fairytale", as well as the place where they smashed up the piano at the beginning...

No way! Where was it? I kind of know my way around NoLita and I couldn't even figure out where any of that was shot!

You're all lucky to feel what it's like to be in Nolita. (: I bet it's very artsy.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 02:07:40 am »
Where did they shoot the video, i think i walked past the garage that the piano comes out of, but do you know where any other locations are?

OPENROAD

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 03:14:10 pm »
Wow, thanks all, for posting up all the photos, I definitely have to go there, the food looks sublime  :)

It does look a nice area.

And $1 for beer and coffee, blimey most places in Dublin are 5 euro plus for a beer.
cause its following you