Author Topic: Black Swan  (Read 5804 times)

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • MSN Messenger - josephherbert@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Black Swan
« on: January 17, 2011, 09:46:51 am »
Anyone else watched this movie? It is so amazing. I am in love with it. I secretly was thinking of Vanessa through out all the ballet ;)

The movie has an amazing score, amazing acting and all the more is so messed up, I actually had to get it out of my head!!! It literally is art in motion. I mean, I love the way Nina is represented as the white swan through out the first half of the movie and her outfits are white while everyone else is mostly black and by the time she transforms she starts wearing black.

The movie is poetic. So freaky at times. Natalie deserves that Golden Globe and even maybe an Oscar!

Ow and I love Natalie's performance as the Black Swan at the end. So beautiful!
"I see the Dalai Lama ... I feel him blessing me"

Myspace...Add me...

WhiteRabbit

• Your true colors shown
  • 'Cause It's All White On White....
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Black Swan
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 05:51:58 pm »
I want to see that movie so bad! i heard it is supposed to be very good, ill get around to watching it sometime :)

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 02:36:51 am »
I want to see this movie. I'm not a movie buff, but this is one of the few movies that just captures my attention.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

sabasaba

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 08:39:34 am »
This movie was so intense, and, I must say, a tad disturbing at times. Natalie Portman was flawless. I also thought Mila Kunis was exceptionally captivating as Lily, a character that served as a foil to Natalie's Nina. The plot itself was mediocre at best. Like I said, it was a little disturbing at times. The direction, however, was amazing. All in all, a great film. Well-deserving of all the hype.

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 09:05:28 am »
I know. Very disturbing. I've actually begun to wonder how sharp nail files really are?

I am however absolutely in love with the score of this movie.

One word.  Haunting.

It is so amazing. There is this track called "Nina's Dream". Check it out. It's one of those songs that when you hear it, you're taken back to the movie. The swan noises and the laughter are all so subtle and well laid out through out the movie, it gives you a taste of insanity, if I may.

If you've watched "Requiem for a dream" and found yourself being haunted by the movie everytime you hear the Requiem for a Dream soundtrack cos it makes your heart to beat harder, please check out the score for this movie.

Same director (Darren Aronofsky).

Same composer (Clint Masnell).

Haunting.

Myspace...Add me...

NESSAussie

• Fine as dandelions
    • MSN Messenger - nessaussie@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mybiopro.com/AU/?ID=harmonium
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 02:26:17 pm »
I love this film enough to have taken a digital copy of the A3 promotional poster for the film's February release in Japan,
and had a play with it in Corel Painter 11. Still one more lighting effect to be added before I get it printed on a t-shirt  8)

Peace

Aaron

Sini

• You're a Genuine Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 12:41:13 pm »
I think Black Swan is amazing. It was no surprise really that I loved the movie so much since I tend to love tragedies. I guess my background as quite an obsessive gymnast made me relate to Nina so much, too... I still remember the enormous pressure which was mostly built by myself. All in all, I found Black Swan hauntingly beautiful. I've also listened to the soundtrack for weeks now and still feel something I quite can't put in words while listening to it. Dancing something close to ballet to the tracks Perfection and Nina's Dream is great. :D
'cause i'm blind to all the good you see
and prefer a fine tragedy

Serentic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 03:54:50 pm »
I saw it yesterday! C:

To add to my list of phobias:
Fingernails
Toes
Ballet shoes
Paintings
Barbara Hershey

But it was a fantastic movie.

--

Nina was perfect.

sabasaba

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 11:42:46 am »
I saw it yesterday! C:

To add to my list of phobias:
Fingernails
Toes
Ballet shoes
Paintings
Barbara Hershey

But it was a fantastic movie.

--

Nina was perfect.

Barbara Hershey
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

raacheeel

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/raacheeel
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 09:47:55 pm »
I know this is a super old topic. Since Vanessa was into ballet half of her life and all, i wonder what she thought about the movie. I bet she loved it  :D

joey

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 06:16:09 am »
Ikr? I mean in one of her interviews she actually said this: "Well, when I head to and from ballet class – hopping on subways and trudging up rind covered concrete stairs – I like to throw on an easy peasy flowy dress and roper boots." (Source: FashionSpot interview)

Totally reminds me of Natalie in the subway and going to and from ballet!

Myspace...Add me...