Author Topic: With spring around the corner.. A Plea! D;  (Read 6220 times)

Serentic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: With spring around the corner.. A Plea! D;
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 06:23:20 pm »
Yeah, you could, but i'm just weighing up whether to bother swapping all the strings around, and then i need to buy a new chin rest. A lot to do..

Do you play a lot of violin, or a real newbie like myself?

I've been playing for six years now. C: And I'm left-handed too, but because the left hand really has all the movement, left handed people are actually better violin players. Switching the chin rest means switching bow hands, and you'd have to use your less nimble right hand for fingerings.

/nerd violinist talk

I think I have the piece down, by the way! :D

And I'm teaching myself piano.. I've played piano for ten years now.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 11:09:13 am »
That's cool about the piece, maybe you could post a video cover, violin covers of V's songs are thin on the ground. Jus out of curiosity, do you play purely as a hobby or do you do grades?

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 12:49:16 pm »
That's cool about the piece, maybe you could post a video cover, violin covers of V's songs are thin on the ground. Jus out of curiosity, do you play purely as a hobby or do you do grades?

Grades as in.. different levels of books?

If so, I'm working through the Suzuki books, but I'm nearly done with them. I play for my school and also for a professional orchestra near my town. C: Yeah, I'm planning on posting a video cover up on here. C:

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 12:56:59 pm »
I meant the grades that are sponsored and created by grouPs like abrsm and whitechapel.. I think. I'm sorry, but what country are you from? Maybe they don't use them , and prefer like you said Suzuki books. I'm just guessing, I I'm not sure.

I'm looking forward to the video cover, you rarely see violin covers of V's songs

Amy

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2011, 11:57:53 am »
I meant the grades that are sponsored and created by grouPs like abrsm and whitechapel.. I think. I'm sorry, but what country are you from? Maybe they don't use them , and prefer like you said Suzuki books. I'm just guessing, I I'm not sure.

I'm looking forward to the video cover, you rarely see violin covers of V's songs

Amy

Awww. Nope, there's no Royal Schools here.. I'm in America. xD; I did some research though, and it looks like I'm about a Grade 6, for comparison.. I've played most of the songs from their syllabus here. I don't know if that's good or not though. xD