Author Topic: With spring around the corner.. A Plea! D;  (Read 6224 times)

Serentic

• Just a day, just an ordinary day
    • AOL Instant Messenger - serentic
    • View Profile
    • Email
With spring around the corner.. A Plea! D;
« on: February 10, 2011, 12:50:40 pm »
Hey guys. Spring's right around the corner for me, and I saw grass for the first time in about three months today, and it made me think of spring and go all sentimental and stuff.

And made me want to record some new stuff. And I was thinking about which songs I can do, and I remembered Fair-weather Friends, and I reeeeeeeeeally would like to record it. Because, you know, it's indescribably beautiful. C:

The problem is, I only have the piano sheet music for it, and that's from here. But if I'm going to formally record something, I'd like the violin part as well.

So I was wondering if somebody could maybe type up the violin sheet music from this performance in their spare time? I'll record all three parts myself and then show you guys when it's done.

It'd just be nice to do, I think. (:

On a side note, I'm performing Human by The Killers in a show next week. If anybody would be interested in grabbing the audio for that. C:

Thanks to anyone who'd do this for me! <3

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
  • And love comes back around again.
    • View Profile
Re: With spring around the corner.. A Plea! D;
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 02:24:37 pm »
You're going to play it in which key? Cause we've got two different versions of the song - the one in C and the one in A.

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 04:51:40 pm »
Ooh, I didn't look at both -- from memory I've been playing the piano in C. C:

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 07:17:45 pm »
Maybe next month? I'm really loaded.  :-\

Floating on the sea, stars are watching me. Currents take me out, what will be will be.

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 08:50:16 am »
Aww, I'm not pressing you to do it. C: If/whenever you can would be fine; if you can't I'll go buy Finale and do it. Or just learn it by ear. xD

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 09:00:14 am »
Finale? That's the sheet music maker, right? Just download Overture. It's for free. You can find a link on the Sheet music thread.

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 12:06:22 pm »
It is. I've used it before; it's really nice, but I'll go give Overture a try. C:

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 07:08:31 am »
I'll second the ask for violin sheets, i would love to play FWF. Hopefully i'm getting  a violin for my birthday on Friday, fingers crossed  ;D

Serentic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 08:09:12 am »
I'll second the ask for violin sheets, i would love to play FWF. Hopefully i'm getting  a violin for my birthday on Friday, fingers crossed  ;D

Ooh! C: *crosses fingers* Violins are tricky though, start out easy and then move on from there. xD
Unless you already play and you're just getting a new one, then nevermind.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 04:44:09 am »
Yes they are difficult as i found out yesterday  ;). Plus I'm left handed, which i think makes it trickier as i'm going to have to bow with my right hand, which feels really really strange.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement.

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 05:00:15 am »
Yes they are difficult as i found out yesterday  ;). Plus I'm left handed, which i think makes it trickier as i'm going to have to bow with my right hand, which feels really really strange.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement.

Ooh.. That never occurred to me. Left-handed people flip the guitar. Isn't it possible with the violin, by changing the arrangement of strings and all?

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 05:16:29 am »
Yeah, you could, but i'm just weighing up whether to bother swapping all the strings around, and then i need to buy a new chin rest. A lot to do..

Do you play a lot of violin, or a real newbie like myself?

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 05:18:57 am »
Yeah, you could, but i'm just weighing up whether to bother swapping all the strings around, and then i need to buy a new chin rest. A lot to do..

Do you play a lot of violin, or a real newbie like myself?

Oh, yes. The chin rest and everything. I think you better just train yourself with the traditional violin. It could be easier for future performances because you won't be just sticking with the violin your using right now.

And I started playing 6 months ago.

AG.

• Your true colors shown
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 05:45:38 am »
I probably will play right-handed, purely because it frees the option to play with others, i wouldn't want to poke other people's eyes out if i ever got in an orchestra.

I bet you're good after 6 months, is the violin your main instrument, or do you have others? I'm ploughing through piano grades, and then hope to really pursue the violin and guitar, rather than trying to do all three at once - i'm not superman!

[sobriquet]

• Fine as dandelions
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 02:38:11 pm »
I started learning the guitar by myself almost three years ago. I had few lessons with piano (maybe just 4 sessions out of the 12, then I pursued it myself). I had my 6 sessions out of 12 for violin and then did the rest to myself since then.